You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:31pm

Curse of silence can't quiet me.

I might remind the Court that I was in PRIVATE chat one on one wherein I referred to the Zigreds attacking us as little bastards. I corrected that immediately by referring to them as "Bas*turds" - after which I was scolded and silenced for an hour.
Where are the guardians of public chat when you really need them?

This was PRIVATE.

I am appalled by the mis-directed corrections of on-again-off-again guards - and their lack of presence when really, really needed in a public forum.

No response in necessary, and it certainly isn't expected anyhow.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:05am

Where was it stated that private chat was exempted from the rules?
So you know, guards and mentors are NOT able to see private chats unless a player complains. Hence, if you swore in private and were silenced then one of the people you were conversing with apparently did not appreciate the language used and decided to send a complaint, as such a moderator responded.

Also, unless a moderator is present in the location while a chat violation occurs the only way for them to address it would be for someone to send a complaint.

If you have a complaint against a mentor, post HERE

In the "Guard Assistance" section of the forum, there should also be a thread for Complaints About Wrong Curse Of Silence
~Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes~ ...

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:38am

Please re-read the chat rules.

Like in any civilised society it is not obviously not allowed to insult others in this game, no matter whether you do that in private or in public and no matter if you alter the spelling of your insults or not. There is absolutely no need to use words like that. Fight with your sword, not with your tongue!