You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SilentWater" started this thread

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 6:24pm

Find the Dragon is a BIG SCAM

17:16 Bad luck! You didn't pick the Dragon Card
17:16 Removed: Fortune Coin 10 pcs
17:17 Removed: Fortune Coin 10 pcs
17:17 Bad luck! You didn't pick the Dragon Card
17:18 Removed: Fortune Coin 10 pcs
17:18 Bad luck! You didn't pick the Dragon Card

If you can prove this is mathematically possible when i'm choosing only card #2, then I will concede my point.

wanderer84 [13] 

Head Guard Magmar

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 7:13pm

Maths arent a game.
Game isnt math.

FInd the difference and you ll find the dragon.

p.s.a clanmate won 100e from this specific game today.
i have a bottle of hope that keeps my heart sedated..

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 8:22pm

@wanderer, this is pure math, number of games played is infinite, possibility of winning is 0 :DDDD

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 8:47pm

Well pardon me for not having an infinite amount of money to try bazillion times to get 100 EEs.

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 8:49pm

And every game is pure Math unless it is tampered. Thought to add since you don't believe in this.

Occupation: Draw, paint, play soccer, make pictures, video, etc.

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 9:04pm

I agree with you, silentwater. I have clan members who used up 50 tokens trying to get some cash. They were really upset. :thumbdown:
Expect the unexpected.-Sindragosa. :snowball:

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 10:25pm

21:21 Removed: Fortune Coin 20 pcs
21:21 Bad luck! You didn't pick the Dragon Card
21:22 Removed: Fortune Coin 20 pcs
21:22 Bad luck! You didn't pick the Dragon Card

is a scam....realy don't think any can win that....but that's the all ideea, this event is a gold sink

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:24am

It's fine, I got one of the game admins to admit this much that it's not simple probability being used in the game and I quote

"Listen, this game is not math.. if math would work you would have won the normal country lottery already. You had bad luck, thats all. Many players win and many dont, thats it."

Excellent replies by people who are meant to develop the game for us and people who cry bloody murder and jail people when they find someone abusing the game with bugs or whatnot.

At least the normal lottery uses fair draws and is applicable for 8-10 numbers. Probability decreses like crazy when you can have numbers from 1-99.

But using this example when comparing against a game which has 33% probability of you choosing the right card, that's just plain stupid.

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 1:00pm

If the admins made a higher probability of winning I'm pretty sure they'd let you win pots instead of EE.

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 4:24pm

25g spent and 40 ee won... not a bad haul. just don't click on the same card.

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 5:09pm

Ok mathematically your chances of winning is at a game like that is always 1/3! No matter how often you try.
Just because you keep trying does NOT change anything about it!

The probabilty that you don't win at all is (2/3)^n while n equals the amounts of tries! Meaning your chances of losing 10 times in a row are 1.7% - strictly mathematically speaking...

I don't know how this game is progammed, I haven't played it myself yet cause i don't like the odds of 1/3 ;)

I understand that you are upset about losing rather a lot of coins for no win... but that's how life goes
But it's not "impossible" to win...

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 6:23pm

:xmasparty:

Merry Christmas.

Thanks for proving the player is at fault for ever. I have nothing to say more on this. May you keep getting these games forever with no changes.

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 12:02am

Dice game is better... Atleast you win sometimes.. Or wheel of fortune.. You always win there... Even if the prize is some gift atleast is something :thumbsup:

:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

wanderer84 [13] 

Head Guard Magmar

Monday, November 26th 2012, 2:57pm

I honestly dont understand what the fuss is all about.
Personally i lost 11g on it .
I hear people saying its mathematically proven the chances of winning are theoritically higher.
Prove it .
Everytime we pick a tin to find the dragon we have 33% chances to find the right one.
That doesnt mean that everytime we ll start a new game and pick the same card our chances will be higher.
Its still the same 33% chances of winning.
So whats the problem here ?
i have a bottle of hope that keeps my heart sedated..

Monday, November 26th 2012, 10:28pm

I honestly dont understand what the fuss is all about.
Personally i lost 11g on it .
I hear people saying its mathematically proven the chances of winning are theoritically higher.
Prove it .
Everytime we pick a tin to find the dragon we have 33% chances to find the right one.
That doesnt mean that everytime we ll start a new game and pick the same card our chances will be higher.
Its still the same 33% chances of winning.
So whats the problem here ?

That's what I said, it's mathematically proven that chances of winning can be high. I'm telling the worst case scenario that in 15 draws, It is impossible that I lose all the time if the game follows usual math of probability and I choose same number of card.

And the point is already moot since I already got the answer from a game master that this game is not simple mathematics. Else i'd have won the State Lottery already. (Quote)

So no issues there. I got the answer I was looking for, and i've put a stop to my donations to the game. My money, my decisions. call it Ragequitting or whatever, but i'm not gonna stand around wasting real world money where there are more bugs unresolved than features present. (Exaggerated of course, but hey, I lost 60g on this character just because I bet on Mathematics.)

Monday, November 26th 2012, 10:29pm

Sorry average scenario, not worst case. Algo users will understand reference.

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 11:18am

I didn't mean to say this game is not about math. I was trying to explain to you, even if you calculated all the scenarios with a math brain, there is still the possibility that it wont work out. Normal people call it luck.

I'm sorry you had no luck with the game but others did, so that proves that there is no cheating involved or anything you trying to accuse us of.

Yvil

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 10:28pm

I worked it out a long time ago that there isn't a 33% chance of winning every time you play. As SilentWater has said, it is not mathematically possible for so many people to not win prizes so much of the time. In order to hit the percentages that people are winning, a lot of the time there has to be a 0% chance of winning. Is it all about luck? Yes, but you have to understand that the probability of winning is closer to 1% than 33%.
If WOD can provide the number of prizes awarded vs attempts, then I would bet more money on this not being 33% than I would on the game itself.

Friday, November 30th 2012, 12:43am

I think people dont understand how randomized numbers are generated in computer language.

its as simple as this.

rand(min,max)
min = 1
max = 100

Everytime rand() is called it will generate a number between 1 and 100.
Then the game will use something like

if %result <= 33 then ( you win) or ( you loose)

And this function would reset every time you restart the game.

This doesnt meed that if you have 3 goes you should win at least once.....
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Friday, November 30th 2012, 7:42pm

If you relied less on computer functions, and more on basic maths, you'll not arrive to this conclusion.