You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 10th 2013, 1:40pm

Father´s Day Event

Dear Community,

Next weekend will be another special day to make us aware again why we are on this earth.

Father´s Day! :rose: :knight:

When you were lucky enough to have or had a good dad you sure remember all the good things he did with you. Like teaching you how to ride a bicycle, bringing you to school or go watching a sports game. Now its time to show him your love. In this event I want everyone of you to write a short story about a great day you experienced with your dad. You can also write a imaginary story.

The 3 best stories will receive a red gift and 10 pcs Signs of friendship.
Everyone that joins and put a real attempt to take part with his story will receive 10 pcs Signs of Friendship as a bonus.

Deadline is the Father´s Day on 16th of June.

------

And as you asked me on Mother´s Day before, I will write you a short story about the best day with my dad.
It was Christmas Eve in 2008 and I was working in the office where it was very empty and hardly anyone around. I was living in UK at that time and didn't have the chance to celebrate Christmas with my family and friends. :cry: At around 6pm I checked my mails and there was an email which had the subject: Hi Ilona, I'm your father.

:shock: No no, it was not Darth Vader. You have to know that my parents got divorced when I was little. Since then I never saw my real father again even tho I was trying to find him before but never succeeded. And what can I say, my father finally found me over a social network site. I didn't believe it at first but when we started to chat it was clear, this was my real dad talking to me and being Christmas Eve it kinda was like a miracle for me. I met him a few months later and it was great. He was just like I imagined. I had a younger brother before but now I also gained another sweet little brother and a gorgeous sister as. :love1:

Monday, June 10th 2013, 3:46pm

:S Once upon a time (about 26 years ago) my dad took me on a date to see his lady, then a few drinks and cheesy jokes later, I left with my mum... :rabbit:

In all seriousness though, I never knew my "real" dad but I know a few older guys who I'm proud to know as they helped me through my awkward years and showed me how to be a man...shaving and other guy stuff.
I never once thought about looking for my father as my mum has done an awesome job raising me on her own with help from a few good friends.

Whether biological or not, a good father figure is worth their weight in gold!

I am pleased to announce that I myself will become a father in a few months time, let's just hope I can make my baby girl proud and one day she can tell an awesome, funny or dare I say inspirational story about me to some of her peers.

Enjoy your game people, and respect to all good daddys and "uncles" out there. Those kids need people like you to step up when it matters :)

Monday, June 10th 2013, 4:03pm

If you are traveling on Father's Day, you really have to watch out for. Because occasionally block drunken men with carts and beer crate way or stagger a pre bicycle. That an increased number of accidents or fights at these mass events and the ever-growing level of alcohol in the blood, is unfortunately a sad reality. And so are also also fathers on this day in service as a paramedic, police officer or emergency, even if they would much rather enjoy myself with her family that day.

But fathers who see the Father not only alone as the ultimate Gruppenbesöffnis, get their money: Small gifts and / or flowers swap their owners, kids wear from little songs or poems and the wife cooks of course the favorite food - almost like a birthday. Even small trips with the family are not uncommon, but it has also finally time for each other.

Of course it is not really necessary that one in a very special day the dad pushes him again and says that one loves him. Actually he would be on any other day over such words of love or time spent together with the family. Yes, fatherhood also succeeds on the other 364 days of the year quite well by itself, but sometimes also help many fine suggestions, ideas or suggestions that you may still fills make fatherhood - whether for expectant fathers, new fathers, multiple fathers or even grandfathers ...

Monday, June 10th 2013, 4:13pm

In Germany the Fathers day is a few days before the mothers day and this year me and my das were riding with the motorbike after lunch and had cacke and coffee ;D

Monday, June 10th 2013, 7:30pm

21 Years Ago, My Dad and I were making food in the kitchen because my mum had been sick for a week or so..

While we were making food, we were talking about how my Dad and Mum met together and how much fun they had..

After 5 Minutes, Dad went out to buy some groceries while I waited in the other room..Then, I heard a loud noise of someone creeping inside our house, i went to look and it was a Burglar dressed in a black robe and armed with a Knife.

He threatened me that i will kill your family if you dont keep quiet.

I had no option but to listen to him.

Suddenly, My Dad came home and I quietly went to him and said "There is a Burglar in Our House"

My Dad Picked up my Baseball Bat and hit the burglar on the head and knocked him out cold.

We then called the Police and they immediately arrested the Burglar.

I Thanked my Dad. hugged him and said "Daddy,You're a One Man Army" And we Started Laughing.

This is my Fathers Day Story because My Dad is my Hero and he will do anything for me

Love you Dad

Monday, June 10th 2013, 7:51pm

about 2 years back this time i made an accident under the influence of alcohol, nothing major just drove through a wall .well:
spend the night in jail, next morning the inspector didnt want to release me from jail, said i didnt learn my lesson (student town, police have their hands full so he probably just wanted to nail someone) so he called my father and told him that :pinch:. My father drove 4 hours to meet with the inspector and told him to release me otherwise we will see him in court, i spend the day with him and he told me to lift up my head and look to the future, sh*t happens :)

Wouldnt say this was the best day ever with my dad, but really a good one, just the fact that he cares to leave his job and come to me in hour of need.

until today no court case yet :thumbsup:
what is the definition of insanity? :glance:

Monday, June 10th 2013, 8:04pm

No story sorry

Simply put I lost my father several years ago at age of 62 after a long battle against lung cancer which seen him go from being fit healthly man to a shadow of what he formerly was.

Dad I love you and I hope I've made you proud x

Monday, June 10th 2013, 8:10pm

No story. Just grats.
Parents and children wish you all good celebration, and perfect relations. :xmasparty:

Monday, June 10th 2013, 8:38pm

I grew up getting the things I wanted so you can call me spoiled or a brat, but not that immature.
My dad is Seaman, works on a boat as a Chief Cook and is away 9 months at most and comes back home 1-3 months depending on when he is called by the company he is working for.

Ill keep this short :smoke:

It was _ _ / _ _/ 2 0 _ _ i can still clearly remember like it happened yesterday, My debut was about to take place, and a month before it my dad arrived and I was so happy :peace: since he could make it to my birthday, my dad couldnt make it always during my birthdays since he is away during my birthdays, I was turning 18 and the last birthday that he was able to attend was my 9th :) i got used to it but still, im a person and it would be great if he is around, he is my dad afterall.

So we made plans as to were I was going to celebrate , roses, gifts and the candles , who were going to come etc etc etc, but a few weeks later my dad got a call, he was needed already ASAP and I was like :woot:it sucked, he again cannot make it. I didnt play the good girl understanding role though. I was :grrrr: went on a tantrum ( :lol: embarassed) said a few hurting words to him. I was drinking a days before my debut and even went home drunk a couple of times :puke: i almost got into a fight, i badly wanted to :clubbing: someone out of my rage. 2 days before debut my dad left already. And I said to mom not to proceed with the debut, cancel everything, I dont care what you need to say to the people. So the day of my 18th birthday arrived, as soon as I got up, I got prepared, went to the mall with my bestfriend, shopped until all my money was :nocash:

My friend suggested that I should go home (she would come aswell since she was going to sleepover) It was around 7 pm , as I arrived home and entered the front door, my friend Kurt was playing the saxophone with a very smooth and sweet melody, lights turned on and everyone was around ( no sight of my dad) I was :D and a bit ;( The program went on, and it was time for the 18 gifts, and the last candle, the host announced my fathers name, my father appeared bringing his gift to me, walking slowly ( a bit dramatic) towards me. I was so 8o and broked down, I :cry: , the mascara I had on my eye smudged already, i looked like a mess. He didn't actually went to go, and decided to stay at my aunts place so he could surprise me. At his age, he still got some tricks up his sleeve. I was like :wall: for being so rude. I said sorry and my dad said "Don't worry, we all make mistakes, I can't blame you for the way you acted, if I was in your shoes I probably would have done the same, well, not really the same, somewhat the same.." He got me a new set of pencils for my drawings and the dress that I wanted. Everything turned out well and i felt like an :angel: couldnt be more happier, couldnt be more surprised, couldnt be more blessed, I could not ask for more. I had my family and friends all together.
My dad got another call another month later, so all is well, dad still has his job until today.

So, sorry it wasnt short like I stated, :truce:
Thank You if you read this long story. :)

Treasure your time and moments, say I love you to your dad and mom, its not forever that they will be alive, make them proud, dont be rude. dont talk back. :music:

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Cheers :drink:
My laziness is exactly as the number 8. If it lays down, it becomes infinite. :sleep:

Monday, June 10th 2013, 9:17pm

I grew up getting the things I wanted so you can call me spoiled or a brat, but not that immature.
My dad is Seaman, works on a boat as a Chief Cook and is away 9 months at most and comes back home 1-3 months depending on when he is called by the company he is working for.

Ill keep this short :smoke:

It was _ _ / _ _/ 2 0 _ _ i can still clearly remember like it happened yesterday, My debut was about to take place, and a month before it my dad arrived and I was so happy :peace: since he could make it to my birthday, my dad couldnt make it always during my birthdays since he is away during my birthdays, I was turning 18 and the last birthday that he was able to attend was my 9th :) i got used to it but still, im a person and it would be great if he is around, he is my dad afterall.

So we made plans as to were I was going to celebrate , roses, gifts and the candles , who were going to come etc etc etc, but a few weeks later my dad got a call, he was needed already ASAP and I was like :woot:it sucked, he again cannot make it. I didnt play the good girl understanding role though. I was :grrrr: went on a tantrum ( :lol: embarassed) said a few hurting words to him. I was drinking a days before my debut and even went home drunk a couple of times :puke: i almost got into a fight, i badly wanted to :clubbing: someone out of my rage. 2 days before debut my dad left already. And I said to mom not to proceed with the debut, cancel everything, I dont care what you need to say to the people. So the day of my 18th birthday arrived, as soon as I got up, I got prepared, went to the mall with my bestfriend, shopped until all my money was :nocash:

My friend suggested that I should go home (she would come aswell since she was going to sleepover) It was around 7 pm , as I arrived home and entered the front door, my friend Kurt was playing the saxophone with a very smooth and sweet melody, lights turned on and everyone was around ( no sight of my dad) I was :D and a bit ;( The program went on, and it was time for the 18 gifts, and the last candle, the host announced my fathers name, my father appeared bringing his gift to me, walking slowly ( a bit dramatic) towards me. I was so 8o and broked down, I :cry: , the mascara I had on my eye smudged already, i looked like a mess. He didn't actually went to go, and decided to stay at my aunts place so he could surprise me. At his age, he still got some tricks up his sleeve. I was like :wall: for being so rude. I said sorry and my dad said "Don't worry, we all make mistakes, I can't blame you for the way you acted, if I was in your shoes I probably would have done the same, well, not really the same, somewhat the same.." He got me a new set of pencils for my drawings and the dress that I wanted. Everything turned out well and i felt like an :angel: couldnt be more happier, couldnt be more surprised, couldnt be more blessed, I could not ask for more. I had my family and friends all together.
My dad got another call another month later, so all is well, dad still has his job until today.

So, sorry it wasnt short like I stated, :truce:
Thank You if you read this long story. :)

Treasure your time and moments, say I love you to your dad and mom, its not forever that they will be alive, make them proud, dont be rude. dont talk back. :music:

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Cheers :drink:
Real Nice! Here is your Red Gift :gift: and 10 Beers :beer:
Kill Em All and Let God Sort Them Out

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 9:37am

2 years ago, my dad had a stroke. I was at college during that time. It was 2 in the morning when my sister called me and luckily I was awake to answer the phone. She told me about my dad's condition and all I thought about was, "why my dad? why him?". She asked my opinion whether they should agree to have him operated or not, saying that the chance was 50/50 and that he would have like 2 or 3 months to live if he didn't get an operation. The question got me speechless because thiat was the first time I had to go through something like this. Eventually I said yes. We decided to have him operated.

I took the next flight to my hometown and went sraight to the hospital from the airport. Luckily, the operation was a success but my dad was still in coma and we needed to wait until he woke up. I tried everything to wake him up, talking to him, forcing him to wake up, even singing his favourite song. Though I have to say, the nurses weren't very happy and they kept looking at me weirdly. =.=" The most amazing thing was when I held his hand and slowly, very slowly he held mine back. It was a weak grip but I couldn't be happier than I did at that time. I was happier than the time he let me studied oversea, happier than the time he bought me my first laptop and my first PS2. It was the greatest gift that I have ever gotten, the most beautiful memory that I have with my dad.

The thing is your parents may seem strong, healthy, fine but you never know when life and fate strike. Don't underestimate the value of your parents' presence in your life, because believe me when I say facing the fear of their absence is a horror. Cherish and treasure your parents while they are still alive. :)

Happy Father's Day~ <3

Friday, June 14th 2013, 1:19pm

My dad is a good man.... :) We see each other every Sunday whether it be rain, snow, sleet, etc. He's always been there for me. Before I got my apartment, I was living in a very stressful situation... I didn't have the money for the first month's rent or security deposit. I could do one but not the other. So I frantically e-mailed my dad. He asked me how much I needed and I told him. He then sent me a check for the full amount even after I told him that half would be OK and that I would pay him back. He told me he wanted to help and that made me feel so happy. :) I love my dad. He's the only parent I have left and I spend every week counting the days til we see each other again. Tomorrow is Saturday. I will be traveling by bus to the Metro station a few towns over from me. I will be spending Father's Day with my dad. He wants a movie that he liked at the show and I'm gonna get it for him on DVD today. Everyone, cherish your parents. Call them, e-mail them, Skype them, send them an old-fashioned letter... I don't have a mom anymore. She passed away almost 5 years ago next month. That rose bush I said I would plant in the Mother's Day forum.... I have 1 red rose that bloomed last Sunday. I literally had tears in my eyes because I felt my mom was sending me a message. But anyway, most kids and/or parents rarely spend time with each other anymore. I feel so heartbroken when I see kids being disrespectful of their parents or parents cussing at their children... Look up the song "Cat's in the Cradle." I'm not sure who it's by but listen real closely to the lyrics. The dad doesn't have time for the son and when the son grows up, he doesn't have time for the dad.... My dad has always tried to spend as much time as possible with myself and my siblings... Happy Father's Day to all u dads out there and especially to the moms who have to be a dad as well... Sorry this was so long.

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 11:40am

Father`s Day

i unfortunatly do not celebrate fathers day since the day i turned 14 and realised that my father was a drunk and a woman beater.
I congratulate all those who have had a father who loved and loves them in their life.The man who is supposed to love and look after his family no matter what disasters come their way.
To those fathers i raise a glass each year and pray they continue their good work and are always there for their children.
The only thing i got from my father was to be shown how a man should not behave towards females and children so i suppose he did have some impact on my life even if it was not a whole lot.
I left home at 16 got a job found my mother again.
So this fathers day i will once again raise a glass to the fathers in this world who know how to be a father :beer: .
If your father is one of the good guys then show him how much he means to you :love1:
Happy Fathers Day to all the good guys

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 1:11pm

My Dad

This is some what hard for me to write.

My Dad was a hard working man all his life. He always took care of our family. Thing were not always easy for him or my Mom. Dad took time to take me fishing and hunting. Taught me about treating others with respect and kindness. Taught me the value of hard work for a honest days pay. Sad but I was at work trying to support my own famaily when my dad suffered a massive heart attack. I was called at work and told they had him on the way to hospital. I left work 25 miles away from the
hospital. But when I got there he had passed away. It really bothers me a lot as I had training as EMT though I don't know if I could have kept him alive. I feel partly responsiable that he is not here now. Strange thing I had just been talking with him 1 hour before this happened. He said he was feeling better then he had in the past couple weeks. To me my dad even though he is not here with me will always be my hero. He was a good man and is missed every day.

Thanks Dad I love you..
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 1:27am

My dear friend and Mentor Shylark. U weren't responsible for what happened to your father. You were at work and it was far from the hospital. U did everything u could to be there for him and plus, u got to talk to him b4 he died. I'm sure you're grateful for that... :) He sounds like he was a good man and he raised u to be like he was. :) I'm proud to call u my friend....

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 1:31am

My friend Arken Stone. I feel so bad that u didn't have the kind of father that most people do. But I'm very happy that you know how to treat a woman and children even if your father did not. From what I've read, you love your mom and are willing to help your family out and u found her after you got out of that situation... :) I'm proud to call u my friend. You're a good person at heart and you know how to treat people. :)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 12:53pm

Hey everyone,

Please accept my apology for the late results. I have been home for the last weeks due to a fracture in my foot.

Since I loved all your stories, some were happy some where sad, I decided to reward all of you with 10 SoF and a red gift. :rose:

Enjoy and keep going in your life no matter what.
Yvil

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yvil" (Jul 8th 2013, 10:46am)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 4:51pm

Thank you very much. Glad you're back! :thumbsup:

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 11:29pm

thank you

so glad you are back and thank you for the present at least my father was good for something :gift: :kiss2:

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:59am

Thanks Yvil, Nice to have you back with us.. I hope the foot is getting better...
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol: