You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:25am

I'm sorry not to give you a picture but I am actually sharing this recipe more for good taste than in an attempt to win the contest. I like eating these cookies when I want a cookie but not a sickeningly sweet holiday thing like frosted sugar cookies. The spices are not that strong but kind of nice and go well with the raisins.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter (I think that's about 100g)
1/2 cup of brown sugar (slightly more than 100g - just make a pile of it a tiny bit bigger than the butter stick)
1 egg
little splash of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (same amount as sugar)
small spoonful baking soda
medium spoonful of ground cinnamon (I really like cinnamon though so adjust if you don't)
really tiny spoonful of nutmeg
pinch of table salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (they weigh less than flour so I don't know how many grams, but thrice the volume of the flour)
1/2 cup of raisins (same amount as sugar)

Directions:
First cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla and stir it all up.
Professional recipes often suggest mixing the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and oatmeal together in a separate bowl and then adding them to the wet mix you've made. But I skip this step and dump them straight into the creamed butter/sugar/vanilla/egg mix so you can feel free to do the same and then stir them in well.
Stir in the raisins last. Their hard surface area will help mix together any remaining veins of unmixed ingredients inside the dough.
Use a large spoon to scoop out lumps of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Shape each into a slightly flattened cookie shape and leave at least two thumbs' distance between each raw cookie. Bake at 175C for between 10 and 15 minutes. Just watch them to make sure they don't start to burn. You want them to turn golden brown at most. I consider them ready to eat as soon as they've come out of the oven.
Forming grammatically correct sentences is for the normal individual the prerequisite for any submission to social laws. No one is suppose to be ignorant of grammaticality; those who are belong in special institutions. The unity of language is fundamentally political.

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 1:02am

Marzipan sugar cookies

2 of my favorite Christmas flavors merged into one!

start with Joy of Cooking's sugar cookies recipe
preheat Oven at 375F
Sift together:
2.5 cups flour
1.5 Tsp baking powder
0.75 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon or 0.5 Tsp nutmeg (I prefer cinnamon)

seperately combine
1 cup sugar
0.75 cup vegetable oil
mix well then beat in
2 eggs
1 Tsp vanilla

pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix into a firm dough

spoon out ~tablespoon sized balls, roll into a ball then flatten on the cookie sheet

top with ~ 1 Tsp martzipan mix and bake 10-12 minutes

Martzipan topping

1 cup almond paste
1 cup butter softened at room temperature (or partially melt in microwave)
1 cup sugar
1 Tsp ground cardomon
1 Tsp vanilla

mix thouroughly

the above should also work to make rolled pinwheels although I have yet to try it this way.
roll out the dough on a cookie sheet. trim to a square. spread out the martzipan mix evenly.
roll the dough and cool in the fridge for 1 hour. cut pinwheels and place on baking sheet.
bake as above. sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
I'll look that up...

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 1:07am

^^by-the-way, I found that the above recipe took 2 batches of cookies to use up the martzipan topping. so plan accordingly...yummy!
I'll look that up...

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 2:00am

preheat oven till 207C

225g butter amd 140g caster sugar and (optional) a sprinkling of brown sugar which suits your satisfaction into a bowl, mix them and gradually add 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract), sieve 77g plain flour and pinch of salt

mix 'em all up

Seprately, take 1/2 cup melted butter and stir it with 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and another 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract) 'till well combined

try to coat the the second with the first, if you fail you can always resort to dumping them together - no problem

get three bars of twix and cut them up into chunks
add them as well according to your judgement

enter oven.

i made this up. good luck

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 9:43pm

This is a recipe my mom makes and my husband loves:
*******************************************************************************************************************************
*** Valdina Cubes ***

200 g sugar
1 egg
50 g butter
200 ml of milk
2 tablespoons honey
300 g flour
1 tablespoon bicarbonate

Method:

Mix butter with sugar and egg until it becomes foam. Add honey, baking soda and flour.
Place in pan.
Bake at medium heat.

When ready, cut into cubes.

Cream:

200g butter
50g sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
4 tablespoons milk
200 g ground nuts
Coconut

Rub the butter until it becomes foam, with 50g sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa and 4 tablespoons of milk.

Boil in water bath.

The cubes are rolled in the hot cream, then through a mixture of 200 g ground nuts and coconut.
*******************************************************************************************************************************
I sure hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:22am

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

2 Eggland's Best Eggs

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted

In a large bowl,
cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add
to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Shape quarter
cupfuls of dough into balls. Place in an airtight container, separating
layers with waxed or parchment paper; cover and refrigerate overnight.

To bake, place
dough balls 3 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a
shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb, reshaping
sides to smooth any cracks. Let stand at room temperature for 30
minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.

Bake 10-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks

Friday, December 6th 2013, 11:02pm

where the results of this ever posted?

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 4:07pm

I'm still waiting for Results :cry:

Wednesday, December 25th 2013, 7:33am

Just curios what happened to this event :)
:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 5:57am

I'm sorry not to give you a picture but I am actually sharing this recipe more for good taste than in an attempt to win the contest. I like eating these cookies when I want a cookie but not a sickeningly sweet holiday thing like frosted sugar cookies. The spices are not that strong but kind of nice and go well with the raisins.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter (I think that's about 100g)
1/2 cup of brown sugar (slightly more than 100g - just make a pile of it a tiny bit bigger than the butter stick)
1 egg
little splash of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (same amount as sugar)
small spoonful baking soda
medium spoonful of ground cinnamon (I really like cinnamon though so adjust if you don't)
really tiny spoonful of nutmeg
pinch of table salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (they weigh less than flour so I don't know how many grams, but thrice the volume of the flour)
1/2 cup of raisins (same amount as sugar)

Directions:
First cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla and stir it all up.
Professional recipes often suggest mixing the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and oatmeal together in a separate bowl and then adding them to the wet mix you've made. But I skip this step and dump them straight into the creamed butter/sugar/vanilla/egg mix so you can feel free to do the same and then stir them in well.
Stir in the raisins last. Their hard surface area will help mix together any remaining veins of unmixed ingredients inside the dough.
Use a large spoon to scoop out lumps of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Shape each into a slightly flattened cookie shape and leave at least two thumbs' distance between each raw cookie. Bake at 175C for between 10 and 15 minutes. Just watch them to make sure they don't start to burn. You want them to turn golden brown at most. I consider them ready to eat as soon as they've come out of the oven.
marensman has attached the following file:
  • cookies.jpeg (118.08 kB - 6 times downloaded - latest: Dec 29th 2013, 11:53pm)
I'll look that up...

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 5:57am

Marzipan sugar cookies

2 of my favorite Christmas flavors merged into one!

start with Joy of Cooking's sugar cookies recipe
preheat Oven at 375F
Sift together:
2.5 cups flour
1.5 Tsp baking powder
0.75 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon or 0.5 Tsp nutmeg (I prefer cinnamon)

seperately combine
1 cup sugar
0.75 cup vegetable oil
mix well then beat in
2 eggs
1 Tsp vanilla

pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix into a firm dough

spoon out ~tablespoon sized balls, roll into a ball then flatten on the cookie sheet

top with ~ 1 Tsp martzipan mix and bake 10-12 minutes

Martzipan topping

1 cup almond paste
1 cup butter softened at room temperature (or partially melt in microwave)
1 cup sugar
1 Tsp ground cardomon
1 Tsp vanilla

mix thouroughly

the above should also work to make rolled pinwheels although I have yet to try it this way.
roll out the dough on a cookie sheet. trim to a square. spread out the martzipan mix evenly.
roll the dough and cool in the fridge for 1 hour. cut pinwheels and place on baking sheet.
bake as above. sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
marensman has attached the following file:
  • cookies.jpeg (118.08 kB - 4 times downloaded - latest: Sep 15th 2014, 10:45pm)
I'll look that up...

Monday, January 6th 2014, 9:21pm

:truce: 2 months since dead line passed... We will eat Christmas cookies or no? :glance:

Monday, January 27th 2014, 10:45pm

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:50am

I don't think Riot trusts our cooking expertize..OOPs i mean i don't think Blizzard trustys us..oops wrong company.. what was it? Walmart?

Monday, April 21st 2014, 1:40am

Are you kidding us?

I wait over 5 month for results now, what is with this event? :cry: