You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 10th 2014, 4:21am

BOV, BOE, Healer, Exe & all that Jazz

Here's some clarification on a BoV and BoE reps and professions. To those who are can't find any information on it or are just curious. Two red badges are possible without losing your current skill.

Temporary Switching of rep to obtain Second Red Badge WITHOUT giving up 3rd profession

1. Obtain Red Worship Medal in either BoV or BoE. IMPORTANT: You must have 0 reputation in the opposing rep.

2. Players who have already received the Medal of Worship from the Bringers of Evil should talk to Fanatic in the Bringers of Evil's Den in the Wasteland of Rest to do the quest Good for Hire. Players who have already received the Medal of Worship from the Brotherhood of Virtue should talk to Norak in the Cloister of Virtue at the Wirgold Estate to do the quest Evil for Hire. IMPORTANT: You must have 0 reputation in the opposing rep.

3. These quests will allow you to TEMPORARILY switch sides to gain rep in the opposing faction. For instance, if you are a BOE member you can switch to BOV with this quest to gain red BoE badge. During the quest “Good for hire” executioners can temporarily change to the “good” side. Therefore they have to give up their executioner profession. The amount of profession experience will be saved at exactly this moment. Afterwards you will temporarily NOT be executioner and any professional experience you will receive at that time will NOT be saved. After finishing the quest and retrieving the executioner profession you will only retrieve the amount of experience you had before. (and vice versa)

Permanently Resign 3rd profession & take up a new one.

If you start out with BOV & Healer profession and later decide to do BOE & executioner permanently (or vice versa), you must:

1. Zero out your rep in the opposing faction. In this example, you must gather hexes until you have decreased your BOV rep to 0. For each hex you make, you gain 10 BOE rep and lose 50 BOV rep. You keep your current BOV badge, but you lose the rep. Your rep rating is not affected since this is determined by the badges.

2. Resign your 3rd profession, in this case, Healer.

3. Pick up executioner profession from Agony the Mad.
Note: Whether you stay Healer or Exe, if you gain red badge in both factions, you can collect the Versatility Charm. This charm allows you to change factions every 10 days. It's not free! It's cost ya to buy both halves and to switch sides each time.

Here's some helpful links for further reading and expanding your minds: Good & Evil Combined & Good & Evil for Hire

:sarcastic: :angel: :kiss2:

* DISCLAIMER - Some of this could be wrong. There is no warranty on the aforementioned information. :woody:
Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Jun 29th 2020, 11:32am)

Friday, January 10th 2014, 4:33am

3. These quests will allow you to TEMPORARILY switch sides to gain rep in the opposing faction. For instance, if you are a BOE member you can switch to BOV with this quest to gain red BoE badge. During the quest “Good for hire” executioners can temporarily change to the “good” side. Therefore they have to give up their executioner profession. The amount of profession experience will be saved at exactly this moment. Afterwards you will temporarily NOT be executioner and any professional experience you will receive at that time will NOT be saved. After finishing the quest and retrieving the executioner profession you will only retrieve the amount of experience you had before. (and vice versa)

edit: Should read, For instance, if you are a BOE member you can switch to BOV with this quest to gain red BoV badge

My Bad :embarressed: :embarressed:
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Friday, January 10th 2014, 9:52am

There's one more experiment I've done as noone had an answer for my question at that time... I have BOV rep and gave up healer profession right after i reached lvl 2... so i wanted exe profession while doing BOV... we all know there's a quest for the executioner profession, i took it, done it and noticed afterwards that i cannot enter BOV shops and lab anymore... so i had to resign the executioner profession to continue doing BOV which kinda sucks in more then one way... atm I don't have the quest for exe profession anymore, meaning, i have no idea what will i have to do after i get the red BOV badge to get the executioner profession again. If anyone knows more, some insight would be usefull
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Friday, January 10th 2014, 1:33pm

There's one more experiment I've done as noone had an answer for my question at that time... I have BOV rep and gave up healer profession right after i reached lvl 2... so i wanted exe profession while doing BOV... we all know there's a quest for the executioner profession, i took it, done it and noticed afterwards that i cannot enter BOV shops and lab anymore... so i had to resign the executioner profession to continue doing BOV which kinda sucks in more then one way... atm I don't have the quest for exe profession anymore, meaning, i have no idea what will i have to do after i get the red BOV badge to get the executioner profession again. If anyone knows more, some insight would be usefull

You will have to follow the steps Sheal outlined for Permanently Resigning 3rd prof & take up a new one. In your case you already quit healer. After a small update a while back they made it impossible for anyone with any BOV rep to recieve the executioner profession. Hence you too will have to zero the rep by getting 600 BOE rep.

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 4:48am

Yes...you cannot start a profession/reop in an opposing faction without bring your reputation down to 0!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 5:44am

You say rep has to be zero....is that cast in stone as I started BoE ages ago and then decided to go BoV instead. I am currently BoV and get in Lab etc no problem but still have 10 BoE rep still. How do I get rid of that 10 BoE rep or will I still be ok to go back to it later?
:smoke:

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 9:49pm

Your BOV Rep has to be zero if you want to change from Healer to executioner. You can have rep of an opposing faction but if you want to change your 3rd professions, thats when it matters. If you go now to make a hex, you will gain 10 BOE rep and lose 50 BOV rep.

** In your case, I think it wil not decrease as it is only 10 BOE rep. I think the threshold is 500 rep. I had 150 BOE rep my entire BOV career also and it didnt decrease.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Friday, April 4th 2014, 3:01pm

You will have to follow the steps Sheal outlined for Permanently Resigning 3rd prof & take up a new one. In your case you already quit healer. After a small update a while back they made it impossible for anyone with any BOV rep to recieve the executioner profession. Hence you too will have to zero the rep by getting 600 BOE rep.

Oh oh oh, I need help with this! When they made that update, I had executioner level 75, which they froze. I now have this in profile Executioner (frozen)75

When i reach 600 BoE rep (0 BoV), will my executioner profession automatically be restored?
Or will i have to pay to get it back? (Which would be weird, since I took this profession a long time ago under the condition that you could mix BoV and executioner profession...) Although it would not surprise me a bit.

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:12am

Hi Fleb,

Hopefully, once you get your BOV to 0 then it will 'unfreeze' your exe profession. But as I see your profile, I do not see the Executioner 75. Or perhaps after you get to 0 BOV you will have to write to support to unlock Exe profession is you have accumulated some already. Hope it all works out :)
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 12:12pm

Rep 0, profession still frozen... now I play the ticket waiting game :embarressed:

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 5:34am

Fleb,

Please let us know what happens. Many people have difficulty with this quests
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 2:01pm

Fleb,

Please let us know what happens. Many people have difficulty with this quests
Oki, but I have a feeling it will take a loooong while until they even see ticket.. Admin seem very busy :)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 3:03pm

1 year waiting period? :truce:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 3:04pm

Fleb redo quest. Do you have 600 BoE rep btw?

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 2:31pm

Fleb redo quest. Do you have 600 BoE rep btw?
Which quest, executioner profession quest from that Agony dude? I've tried, he has no quest to give me.

And yes, 620 BoE rep, so virtue rep doesn't even have a line in my list.

And ticket for restoration just waiting. I dont even know if new ticket site is working, I dont see the text I wrote when I look at the ticket.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 9:48pm

Redo the evil for hire quest or the one from BoV to BoE.

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 5:58pm

I'm not doing hire quest. They told me they in ticket like half a year ago that they can't restore profession when I have virtue reputation.

So I removed the rep permanently, and now they need to manually unfreeze it. I got the impression that it's a pretty informal situation, since it happened due to a change in the rule system (earlier it was possible to mix virtue reputation and executioner profession, now not).

So yes, this is a matter that must be fixed manually by admin. But it is taking way too much time to even get a response :woody: :woody: :woody:

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 11:07pm

Fleb,

You may also try to post Threepwood directly about situation. Everyone waiting so long for response these days from support :(
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 6:13pm

Oki his forum mailbox is full, but i sent him letter with Fleb Jr(not actual name) on mag side. I dont know if he has human acc?

Monday, May 26th 2014, 9:30pm

He fixed it manually, my profession is back :rose: