You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 1:53pm

flash player update

Would anybody know how to manually update the flash player in the client, as this is not done automatically?

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 3:59pm

What's your windows version?

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 4:16pm

fixed ^_^ thank you silent!

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 5:24pm

Pleasure :beer:

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 9:37pm

Silent tell Support how to do it then as they have no clue....
Game Client says I hvve this Version.... 11,5,502,146 installed..
Flash web site says I have this 18.0.0.194 on my PC
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 10:47pm

I'm using Windows 7 atm, I wouldn't mind knowing how to update it Silent!
If you don't like something I post in forums, go to this website: www.magrareallydoesn't care.troll and fill out a frankie got his feelings hurt report :bllll:

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 10:49pm

I'm using Win 8.1 :lol: help me as well :lol:

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 11:25pm

Well I asked the so called help desk and got BS answer it was my PC not the client is why I say support has no clue....
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Monday, July 20th 2015, 3:53am

I have win 7. the following may not apply to other systems....
simplest (but longest) way to to update flash is to unload game and reload it. flash is captured at the time client is loaded. if you are a tad more computer savy you can search your computer for the flash application module: npswf32.dll.
you will find (at least) 2 copies. one will be in Windows\SysWOW64\Macremed\Flash. the other is where my.com is loaded (in my case: WOD\Legend - legacy of the dragons (en) ). copy from windows to the my.com location the windows location name has version # in the filename (i.e npswf32_18_0_0_194.dll
this can be stripped off in the client folder NOT in the windows folder).

now why client is not smart enuf to find and update flash by itself?...well that I cannot tell you.
I'll look that up...

Monday, July 20th 2015, 8:51am

simplest (but longest) way to to update flash is to unload game and reload it. flash is captured at the time client is loaded. if you are a tad more computer savy you can search your computer for the flash application module: npswf32.dll.
you will find (at least) 2 copies. one will be in Windows\SysWOW64\Macremed\Flash. the other is where my.com is loaded (in my case: WOD\Legend - legacy of the dragons (en) ). copy from windows to the my.com location the windows location name has version # in the filename (i.e npswf32_18_0_0_194.dll

now why client is not smart enuf to find and update flash by itself?...well that I cannot tell you.

Nice we have a Mentor telling people to Voilate the terms of Use.. Flash is located in the Game Client folder... :woody:
3.4 You are not permitted to:
modify, adapt, decompile, disassemble, change the Game Services or any of its components;

Monday, July 20th 2015, 8:53am

^^ What he said.

In case the client doesn't work after copying the dll, please copy the flash.ocx from the Windows\SysWoW64\Macromed\Flash folder to the Client folder.

This location is for any 64 bit Windows 7+ systems.

WinXP has a different location which I don't know. just try to search npswf32*.dll and you'll find the folder.

Monday, July 20th 2015, 8:54am

Nice we have a Mentor telling people to Voilate the terms of Use.. Flash is located in the Game Client folder... :woody:
3.4 You are not permitted to:
modify, adapt, decompile, disassemble, change the Game Services or any of its components;

Flash is a 3rd party application which the game client uses. It's a software, and not updating it, is like telling your customers that your game is only going to run on Internet Explore 6 or below.

Monday, July 20th 2015, 8:59am

Well since I cnotacted Support and they do not say to do any of this I still say your are Modifing the Client which Violates Terms Of Use...

Monday, July 20th 2015, 9:09am

I know you'll try to keep baiting me, so I'll tell anyone visiting this page one thing.

Read your TOS, and if you have even a single ounce of critical reasoning inside you, you'll realize that updating a 3rd party system software being used in your game, does not constitute violating the terms of use.

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:01am

can admin please respond today and answer me this...why do we need to update flash for client manually if this is a game client that should update automatic...please respond and tell me does this make sense ? ?(
what is the definition of insanity? :glance:

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:35am

can admin please respond today and answer me this...why do we need to update flash for client manually if this is a game client that should update automatic...please respond and tell me does this make sense ? ?(

It actually does update it automatically. But only on a fresh install. (as far as I know)

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:36am

Sorry, badly worded. It takes the version of flash you're using when it installs. but it doesn't update the one it's using when it updates files.

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:49am

@ silent, thanks bro, i know this. But my point is why have a game client and update function, when it doesnt update the game to perform at full potential

I work in a IT enviroment, and even our developer said this should be an easy fix...is this the same for RU?

do they also need to update their flash manually?

8|
what is the definition of insanity? :glance: