You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 12:19am

Flash update dont work, i did it several days ago and nothing.

I have to restart cliente every hour or play freeze.

Admins make this client better or remove it, dont work

XANT

Friday, December 4th 2015, 12:40am

Two words.

Update Flash.

One sentence:
Update the flash file in your client install directory.

One musing:
Client doesn't slow down for me. I wonder what I'm doing correctly.

from what i know you guys don't drink alcohol in India so i'll send you some cookies... if game client works better i might even send you some milk for those cookies later :rolleyes:
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 6:35am

One thing I could recommend for people who're unable to find the dll in their systems is open Firefox and type about:plugins in the address bar.
Scroll down to Shockwave Flash entry and see the location for the required file.

Chrome uses a different flash dll, something called pepflashplayer.dll and I have not confirmed how it'll work in place of the other file..
From what I understand, Flash should work standalone if you have that file. (unconfirmed)
So theoretically if you can find the file from your friend, you should get updated flash. (unconfirmed)

Final Word: Find the file or borrow it. But always make a backup of files being replaced.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 6:45am

from what i know you guys don't drink alcohol in India

o.O

Friday, December 4th 2015, 8:28am

Admins, could you maybe send a word to whichever department is used for software updates to update the client? Seems it's quite outdated and once updated, it may get rid of a lot of lag, as well as player complaints.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 8:36am

SilentWater,
The only files I see in that flash folder are:

activex.vch
Flash.ocx
FlashUtil_ActiveX.dll
FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

All "Hidden folders" should be shown also. Any idea where I can find the specific one that helps me update the client, see as it's not in the flash folder? (Yes, I made sure I was in the right folder)

that means you have a fresh copy of windows and you never made an update on flash.. do that and the dll you need will show up ... oh, and for windows 8.1 the name of the dll you need is NPSWF32_19_0_0_245.dll... then follow silentwater's steps
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 8:40am

I searched around a bit.

I Think the people who cannot find the file there are the ones not using Firefox.
Chrome comes with it's own version of the flash files. Firefox on the other hand, works when you explicitly install the executable from Adobe's site. Only then do the files get copied into the folder I've detailed.

Friday, December 4th 2015, 10:18am

SilentWater,
The only files I see in that flash folder are:

activex.vch
Flash.ocx
FlashUtil_ActiveX.dll
FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe

All "Hidden folders" should be shown also. Any idea where I can find the specific one that helps me update the client, see as it's not in the flash folder? (Yes, I made sure I was in the right folder)

that means you have a fresh copy of windows and you never made an update on flash.. do that and the dll you need will show up ... oh, and for windows 8.1 the name of the dll you need is NPSWF32_19_0_0_245.dll... then follow silentwater's steps

According to Adobe's site, my flash is up to date. Or is there some other flash that I should be updating? (Sorry, my knowledge about computer is pretty bad).

Friday, December 4th 2015, 10:20am

Are you using Chrome or Firefox?

Friday, December 4th 2015, 3:01pm

Silent, I used your advice few months ago.Unfortunately I still have the same problem with needing to shut down client and restart it again. Besides, admins need to improve client, not all players of this game are IT professionals. ;)

Friday, December 4th 2015, 4:15pm

Silent, I used your advice few months ago.Unfortunately I still have the same problem with needing to shut down client and restart it again. Besides, admins need to improve client, not all players of this game are IT professionals. ;)

I understand. It's pretty normal in the IT field that errors and bugs are non-reproduceable.
And yeah they do need to make the client better.
All I'm trying to do is provide people with the most common workaround for the problem.
I'm sorry if it doesn't work for all people :(

One more thing, From the people I've helped, I've seen that most of you have installed the game in your System drive (C for most people).
I on the other hand, have it installed in another partition. Maybe that is the cause of me having very low number of client issues over the years?

Also, there are two other workarounds which I can suggest, but they are unstable and untested. (Apart from being tested on my machine)
But I can't really give a perfect answer to the problem without looking at the code. (Which I'm in no mood to do even if given access :lol: )

Friday, December 4th 2015, 11:36pm

I was try to update adobe flash like silentwater say and the client have updated version of flash but, the problem continues.

Only fix a little if convert normal player to premium player, the fights are more faster, but changing elixir or armour from belt is slow too.

I have ADSL line 10 Mg i think this game must run good in this internet speed, no need NASA line speed internet :horse: . Sometimes at night there no are many player and the game take speed and there no are strong lags, but by day sometimes is impossible play with quality.

Admins know problems, if they want fix it, please do it fast, or tell us if the fix is incoming in the new update or there are new bigger bugs.

:shuffle:
░▒▓██B▄A▄R▄Ç▄A██▓▒░

:grr:░▒▓███_HodoR_███▓▒░:grr:

Friday, December 4th 2015, 11:57pm

Yeah please fix lag issues...its not the players end but on the game end which causes lag.

Im sure more people prefer to have less lag and all bugs/issues fixed than a new update which brings even more

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 8:51am

They simply don't care.

The only response from them will be: Send us a trace cert or it's not on our end..

The fact that silent is more helpful than the people who are paid to make this game works speaks volumes about the lack of support/concern...

This isn't "BASELESS CRITISISM" as some would like to call it, it's your damn paying customers saying your product is garbage, spend some money fixing it instead of flooding us with new "features."

If you were a pizza restaraunt and your customers said "hey, I used to love your pizza, but this pizza tastes worse every time I come here" Would you run out and buy an icecream machine and a chocolate fountain? Hell no, you would try to fix your damn pizza to make your customers want to continue eating there.

We are fed up with you trying to shove more crap into the game, there are plenty of features now, just make the damn client work!!!

:woody: to the forest with your new icecream and chocolate!!!
If you don't like something I post in forums, go to this website: www.magrareallydoesn't care.troll and fill out a frankie got his feelings hurt report :bllll:

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 9:45am

They simply don't care.

The only response from them will be: Send us a trace cert or it's not on our end..

The fact that silent is more helpful than the people who are paid to make this game works speaks volumes about the lack of support/concern...

This isn't "BASELESS CRITISISM" as some would like to call it, it's your damn paying customers saying your product is garbage, spend some money fixing it instead of flooding us with new "features."

If you were a pizza restaraunt and your customers said "hey, I used to love your pizza, but this pizza tastes worse every time I come here" Would you run out and buy an icecream machine and a chocolate fountain? Hell no, you would try to fix your damn pizza to make your customers want to continue eating there.

We are fed up with you trying to shove more crap into the game, there are plenty of features now, just make the damn client work!!!

idk ....

The idea of the Ice-Cream machine and chocolate fountain does sound so tempting :whistling: :shuffle:

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 10:10am

SilentWater,
I'm using chrome but have the most updated adobe flash installed also. Do I need to do something with Firefox?

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 11:02am

SilentWater,
I'm using chrome but have the most updated adobe flash installed also. Do I need to do something with Firefox?

When you use only Chrome, it comes with it's own version of flash. I don't have experience with the dll included in Chrome.
If you install Firefox, and then use the Adobe installer, it should put the file in the place that i've mentioned in my earlier post.

Although as people are reporting that they are having no benefit from getting an updated flash file, I don't know if you should follow up on my post or not.

Also, people who report no benefit in client performance, can you please right click on an empty area of client and ensure that the client's flash has actually been updated?

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 11:52am

You could also try to use the Refresh button in top toolbar when things start being slow motion-y.

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 9:50pm

Thank you SilentWater, got it all updated and says it's version 19.0..... when right clicking. I haven't tried any hunting yet, but so far it seems to work. Really appreciate the help :)

Sunday, December 6th 2015, 2:25pm

They simply don't care.

+1,000,000
I'm not crazy, I swear!:ogo: