You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 5:53pm

and also my expierence:, normal meat is from mammals...

fish is fishmeat, its has the name in it but is not considered normal meat, same with poultry, its from birds, also not considered as normal meat.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 6:01pm

I'm from Romania so we're neighbours and we also share the same religion on our majority of people, but I, when I encounter information that contradict what logic tells me. I wanna find out who made that judgement and how he came to that conclusion... I think it's ok to learn from elders and folclore but world keeps moving on and new dicoveries are made all the time... not everything we learn from our parents is still valuable today :) that's why I asked that question
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 6:05pm

People are just stupid and dont want to rely on science to determine what is what. For example, most people believe cucumbers are vegetables, while they,re fruit. So many people also decide fish isnt meat, while it is. You dont get to argue with people with no logic, they wont accept logical arguments, because what they believe is more important.
But its probably the fish industry, when they saw more and more people were going vegetarian, that decided to advertise fish as a non-meat so they could keep selling it. Nestle managed to demonize tap water, so its kinda doable.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 6:35pm

oh ok didnt know that dzaack, but hmm what can i tell you, i learned it like this from baby to now, from parents, from people and from religion. but i cannot answer for who made that judgement though i belive on it.

and warrior, why call people stupid? its easy i can also tell you are stupid for not believing in this and this... you should accept every person is differnt, with different mind and belive in different things, recspect that please :)

you also belive in logic from some sciencists, scince made also by people, and you belive on it, whilst others belive in religion and such.

though i dont say fish is no meat, it is.. but its other kind of meat and your sciencists will confirm that, since fish has more muscle in meats, protein and such its not considered as meat from mammals but as fish-meat. thats different

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 7:07pm

No it's not different. The proteins are the same, so are the muscular tissues. The only reason some people say fish-meat is different from bovine/poultry meat is marketing reasons.

Also, people don't believe in science just because humans made it. But because logic and reason follows scientific procedure of repetition and relevance over multiple iterations.

If you can prove that the fish meat is structurally the same as other kinds of meat over 100 different types of fishes sampled, then that is the logic and scientific process which will prove that all meat is meat and not categorized into fish meat and godzilla meat. The habitat and eating habits of animals (here i include fishes), decide how broken down the meat will be or what temperature it will start to break etc.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 7:32pm

Wow Arkan, did you just put believing in religion is the same as beliving scientific facts? What the hell man xD

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 7:40pm

fish has more protein then beef or pork -,- bt anyway doesnt matter, but its not only marketing reason fish is catigorized as other meat, as i said religion for example :)

and no i did not put it as same, i meant people are different! some belive more in science and some in religion, respect both even if u dont accept other one at least respect it or why would such a big population of ppl belive in one and the other... this i meant

dont know why you cannot accept other wise of thinking, if not accept - respect it, and go somewhere with your science-bs .... :))

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 8:17pm

Ok since I managed to close my tab on 3 separate occasions after writing out almost all my thoughts I will just write down a summary instead and hope I don't screw up again :lol:

I didn't go and find a scientific journal about the fish/meat debate because this is the Legend: Legacy of the Dragons forum not an assignment for my degree.

I used Wikipedia because it's readily available and people can go and verify what I quoted quickly, exactly as you did. I know it's not a reputable source.

Citing part of a source to use and omitting the rest is not lying. Any unbiased source is gonna show both sides of the story, that doesn't mean that they are uncitable.

Perhaps it could be misleading, in the sense that if it had said in it's entirety "It is not the case that fish fillet is meat." and I quoted "fish fillet is meat.". It's still not technically lying because the source technically says it but of course it's misleading and not a good thing to do. I did not do any such thing, however. I quoted a sentence in its entirety, with no missing context.

Do have a wonderful evening. :beer: :xmasparty:
Also side note: This thread got way more attention than it deserves :lol: Maybe if one of our glorious admins would enlighten us on this issue we could end this war once and for all!

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 8:29pm

well i can tell what is opinion in my country,and that is fish is fish and meat is meat,so nope,fish is not meat:)

how do they got to that idea? I'm very curious on how such a contradiction may occur on such a trivial information... I mean, do you agree with my point of view that flora is flora and from there you create a sub cathegory for fish or how does it work?

Yes mate you right there,i just said what we have for opinion in my country and we are coastal country,fish traditionaly take big part in our kitchens,but we said that fish is something different than meat,under meat we take meat from animals,home and wild,fish is category for theyself:)

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 10:10pm

Also side note: This thread got way more attention than it deserves :lol: Maybe if one of our glorious admins would enlighten us on this issue we could end this war once and for all!

This thread didnt get half of the attention it deserves, what are you talking about? this is the topic that truely will start wars on this game....If battlefields wont do it, then might as well and let this thread do it...maybe we can now kill each other because of this

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 10:39pm

This thread didnt get half of the attention it deserves, what are you talking about? this is the topic that truely will start wars on this game....If battlefields wont do it, then might as well and let this thread do it...maybe we can now kill each other because of this

Sorry, pet goldfish got loose and typed that malarcky. I absolutely agree with this. I propose a one million valour reward to the winners and free stackable heavenly blessing every hour, whilst the losers get 1 valour and unremovable smelly fish style outfit that attracts monsters to attack them, with double effect on pkhadds. I am sure this will reignite pvp in the game!

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 9:04am

Guys if you look from the red window, you see a red tree; but if you look from the blue window, you see a blue tree.

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 1:27pm

Meh, not like I play the game these days anyways.

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 3:06am

I think the distinction is due to a couple things. A big part is marketing and industry promotion like warrior says.
But its probably the fish industry, when they saw more and more people were going vegetarian, that decided to advertise fish as a non-meat so they could keep selling it. Nestle managed to demonize tap water, so its kinda doable.

People think pig flesh is a special kind of white meat that is closer to fish than to beef because the pork industry paid for some good advertisements a few decades ago.
I also think a little bit of it is people trying to weakly pretend they are vegetarians. This is of course absurd to eat the muscle of a sentient animal while calling yourself a name that is rooted in vegetables, but lots of absurd people exist.

There is also the consideration that fish brains aren't as complex as mammal brains. In the same way that most humans cringe to think of eating chimps or at least to think of eating other humans, the thought of eating something with a brain and body less similar to ourselves is comforting. I don't think pain is as painful to fish.

What do you think Silentwater? What does your biological half say? Don't ask your math half. It might try to go on about converting experienced pain wave cycles with Fourier transformations and then you'd never find a type-able answer.

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 3:37am

Fish and chicken - not meat.

• "Blood-slayer666" started this thread

Saturday, October 8th 2016, 6:16pm

Right, chicken is a vegetable. :lol:

Monday, October 10th 2016, 5:10am

Right, chicken is a vegetable. :lol:

Fish is vegetable :lol: