You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned
  • "-Cahal-" started this thread

Friday, September 15th 2017, 10:36am

Just a small question

How do people become Jesters?

Are they chosen randomly? Was there a sort of voting? What is their duty actually?
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Friday, September 15th 2017, 11:11am

Jesters are organizing events and are individually chosen by the event team, which is already working together for quite some time. Just now it has been made officially.
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

Friday, September 15th 2017, 11:30am

i saw a jester who hasnt even played for months? what event team chooses hardly active players for such a role?

Friday, September 15th 2017, 12:11pm

Probably someone who has the Jester sign since before the merge, where it has been given for nothing to players:) if you let us know the nick we can remove it.

Friday, September 15th 2017, 12:20pm

It s ok:) it is sorted and I can assure you the actual Jesters are all pretty active since months, so donĀ“t worry about their activity barometer:)

Friday, September 15th 2017, 3:37pm

I wouldn't say so.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Friday, September 15th 2017, 11:26pm

well, i wouldnt say that still see the guy with jester link, and we know you guys are all well connected or good friends, so im not going to get in between and get "attacked" lol.

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 11:20am

Is not better for all to put directly link of the jester that u think is not active ?
Then admin and guards can directly check, instead of saying i know someone who is jester but is not active as it should :music:
Don't be jelous of others, try to care about yours, only after that you will understand what you really have. P.S. Is very very very hard :cry: but i will try my best :peace: :beer:

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 12:27pm

Is not better for all to put directly link of the jester that u think is not active ?
Then admin and guards can directly check, instead of saying i know someone who is jester but is not active as it should :music:
Then suddenly someone puts mysterious execution orders,no,thank you.

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 12:37am

Then suddenly someone puts mysterious execution orders,no,thank you
truee lol

Lisad [20] 

EX Community Manager

Monday, September 18th 2017, 11:30am

The events team has been working since before I became an Admin.

At the moment I'm trying to organize some things, including the volunteers and their organizations, thus I'm making the teams that were "unofficial" official. This is why I have provided them Jester badges and have added them to the Library. Same goes for Chroniclers, but, unlike Jesters, the Chronicler's activity on COM differs from the one they have on the Russian server. (Short description)

The Jesters team, however, on the Russian server does the same thing that the current events team on COM does - organize events. With my official help, tools and resources and their creative minds we plan on doing more and more events in the future and at some point even try to start organizing events in-game, not only on the forums.

Currently our most "famous" event is the Big Fat Monthly Lottery (BFML) and we're now also holding another event, directly related to it, which is the Contest: Mascot for the Lottery.

Right now the team's work is not so big (6 people, excluding me), but, since there are not a lot of events going on, we manage to handle everything ourselves and this is also the reason why we have decided that we will not take any new members at the moment. Aside from that, it has been noticed that most people want to join the team just for the badge and not for the work. Please do note that the Jesters team is also a team of volunteers that has to help hold and organize events and has responsabilities. Inactive people will not form part of this team.

Lastly, if we do start to organize more events in the future, as planned, then we might open doors and welcome new talanted and passionate members. Currently, however, as I have mentioned before, we are not looking for new participants, since there is not enough work for a big team. New members might only be taken by personal invitation, but for that they should have proven their enthusiasm and talent.
Regards,
Lisad | Community Manager

Monday, September 18th 2017, 11:41am

just a mates club then

Monday, September 18th 2017, 11:56am

when can we get real people who put a lot of effort into giving actual ideas and suggestions and invest a lot of time in game and want to hear everyone out and get ideas and manifest them, i feel we need new eyes and ears having the same ole people in power for so long, they learn to just shut out ideas and catch onto the idea that they can pick and choose who to listen to who to take seriously. rather than not have any bias over any suggestions that might benefit the communnity all together...

just cause certain people already have certain titles that show they are in a organization to patrol the servers and mentor doesnt mean they are qualified for everything in my opinion.. and id like to see lisad give others a chance, because many people who may be qualified may never get in a position in game because certain people in those positions will make sure while they have the power that players wont get the chance to prove they want to help...

idk just would like to think there are more people in this game than just a few who think they are the only ones with a voice here in this game., game revolves around the same few people.

Monday, September 18th 2017, 12:10pm

for instance, 1 guard or 1 mentor might deal with a certain person, they should handle whatever they need and if maybe they need more help from other mentors/guards they can ask for it to get an asnwer if they need to and that should be good..

but what i hear some is that there is a lot of gossip in those groups.. maybe 1 guard or 1 mentor disliked their experience with some people, they turn to their (mentor/gaurd chat) to gossip about it and spread poison throught the group so others will get a bad representation of that player, it becomes more of a clan, rather than a professional group. everyone must think like 1 or 2 of them or they wont fit in or last long, and the ones that dont want to fit they know how it roles! some still stay as mentor/guard and some left but know the issue, i dont expect people to stand behind me and tell their experiences inside the groups. but ill just leave that there..

i did suggest we could possibly have a referesher or a poll with potential recruits a yes/no for each of the candidates that the community may want to decide for themselves who gets a chance and who doesnt.. think every month a new poll for the person who couldnt get in last month can retry and those in the specific positions should have a forum for reveiws bad/good experiences followed with chat logs screenshots to see the players are taking their roles serious and not favoring certain players and not taking serious others. this would make it so that all the players would see that they are replaceable and not allowed to be complacent in their positions of power.. and have them want to work and be the best they can be to keep their spot..

sure this is a game and players should be allowed to enjoy it like others. but one thing forusre politics amongst guards/mentors can be poisoning.

Monday, September 18th 2017, 12:14pm

For some reason,Lisad,I feel like I am reading what I have read before and I am having a difficult time believing in what's written. The way you're talking about this is not reassuring,then again I am afraid of speaking freely for the reason I mentioned above. I will stop posting because this is not going anywhere at all.

Thank you for your time.

Lisad [20] 

EX Community Manager

Monday, September 18th 2017, 1:15pm

Please read my reply fully and carefully.

As I have already said, currently we don't have enough work for a big team. The current team has proven to work well so far, so I have no reason for disbanding them. Yes, some of them are Mentors/Guards, hoever that does not mean that we give them priority over other players, we simply already know how they work, their strenghs and weaknesses, which makes it easier to work together. The Jester team does not consist only of Mentors/Guards.

We are currently working out some managerial issues, so we are simply not ready to take in more people and go wild with events. We are starting low and little by little. Things need to be sorted out before we can really open the team to the public and start operating actively.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us and the rest of the players, all ideas are taken into careful consideration. I personally browse the forums on a daily basis and read through your threads in all categories.

I also try to be as active as my duties allow me to in all volunteer team chats that we have and look into their activities. Again, if you have any doubts about some spesific Mentor/Guard's activity/actions, feel free to send me a mail and I will look into the situation and make sure that everything is in accordace with the rules and etc. As of this moment, many things go through me, so most of their activity is under supervision.

Back to the Jester/Chroniclers topic, at some point in the future we may open some spesific area on the Forums, but, currently please just use the available means.

One of the Chronicler's duty is to monitor this thread closely: Broken Library , so, if you spot anything that should be updated in the Library, do post there, we are currently actively working on updating everything. As for Jesters, we currently already have some events planned for the nearest future, however, again, if you have any suggestions, feel free to say them, we will see if our current state allows to organize such an activity.

And, once again, the Jesters team is only responsible for events. They do not have anything to do with Mentors/Guards activity, features developments/bug fixing/etc.

Please be patient, there are a lot of things that need attention and I'm just one person looking after all of them.

Regards,
Lisad | Community Manager

Monday, September 18th 2017, 1:30pm

That's the part where we are not on the same page,Lisad. I totally understand both what you and -DeathSTROKE- mean. It's not about whatever you mentioned in your post. Thank you for everything you have done until now and are doing from this moment on. But again,it is not about what you are saying.

And once again,i can not share my ideas or suggestions regarding this topic publicly.

Monday, September 18th 2017, 1:46pm

yes lisad, i for one admire you so far. you are active, which is what this community needs and has been begging for. snf trust completely that you will handle issues players may have with authority and be effective if it calls for it..sorry for to quick backlashes you recieve when its nothing in your power.. but i do not target you in any of this.. but i dont think arguing with you about something that is new to you, and force you to understand certain things will not be beneficial to any of us. .