You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SilentWater" started this thread

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 9:30am

Testing ping for the game.

Hi,

Can the admin/devs or any player answer this please.
I am testing my connection for performance, which server do we need to ping to measure game performance?

Currently i'm trying warofdragons.com.

Thanks.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 10:24am

Well, I don't think it really matters. The servers are probably all in Russia. ("But kehul, teh gem iz a parht of da my.kom, not mail.ru" well, i wonder who owns my.com)

But of course, it could also be that all of the servers are in their mainlands. Then again, who would bother getting 1 server from Russia to Britain?
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 10:42am

the server blocks ping requests always (ICMP Echo Requests) - so there is no way to check the status with a ping .

btw. servers are located in Netherlands :)

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:24pm

the server blocks ping requests always (ICMP Echo Requests) - so there is no way to check the status with a ping .

tracert the servers.

I'm getting 365ms when I connect through my VPN (Singapore realm)
And 166ms when connecting through Netherlands.
180+ on germany.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:28pm

tracert the servers.

180+ on germany.

akyr is right.. I tried to tracert the servers in the past also and after first four responses it went on being denied and an admin explained servers are protectedfrom ping and the answer you get is misleading (redirected i believe).
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:30pm

tracert the servers.

180+ on germany.

akyr is right.. I tried to tracert the servers in the past also and after first four responses it went on being denied and an admin explained servers are protectedfrom ping and the answer you get is misleading (redirected i believe).

Yes they are protected against DDoS, but it only stops when they reach the final hop. If you're getting ** then its fine because that's supposed to happen.
Its easy to extrapolate the last hop from the last ping you get.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:32pm

true but not if the actual respons you get is not accurate.. as I've said, I guess your attempt to ping the server is redirected to another adress.
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:35pm

That doesn't really matter. Once you hit the redirect server, you know that the packet is taking X ms to reach that server. No matter the other things, there won't be much other hops after that redirect server. So its safely assumed that the maximum ping you get is 50% higher than the last ping.

I did this with another game, and the results were accurate.

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 1:37pm

In Any case, my hops have reduced from 12 to 3 so i'm happy anyway :lol:
Checked packets in Fiddler as well. Performance is improved.

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 12:36am

I may be wrong - but im 99% sure that before merge happened - they moved all .com servers to US