You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sequana" started this thread

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 9:56pm

Attack rule: Stay or remove?

Attack rule: Stay or remove?

A total of 411 Votes have been submitted.

55%

Stay (227)

45%

Remove (184)

Do you want to have the rule completely removed or do you think is better to keep it? Feel free to add your arguments below. And also try not to turn this into any personal disputes with any other players. Stay on topic and constructive. Thank you!
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Apr 11th 2018, 8:49pm)

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:14pm

Anyone that said "stay" needs to go play candy crush or farmville or some ishh

-_-

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:18pm

I used to do raids, like a big part of the community, and never found any fun on attacking someone 2 lvls lower.
Easy, no scalp, no valor or little one from -3, and not a real fight

I do not play candy crush, and not u who will send me somewhere else to play it, just because you want to be a bully doesn't mean it should be allowed :kiss2:
:sneakers: :sarcastic: :sneakers:

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:28pm

I've posted reasons for this countless times in the past so I'll skip it this time but the vote goes for the removal of one of the most silly rules ever to be implemented in a role playing game
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:37pm

As we saw today, these "attack rues" turned into helping autorisation or not.

These rules are not clear, and can't be clear anyway... Are so many different situation...
Now, they added something new and we can even not help our firends if they are attacked by a magmar, only if they are attacked by a human.

Should be a role playing game, war between race, not a kiss kiss game. We already have almost all bf with mixed race, we have to help human to kill our friends, clanies, isn't enough?

Remove it.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:39pm

I used to do raids, like a big part of the community, and never found any fun on attacking someone 2 lvls lower.
Easy, no scalp, no valor or little one from -3, and not a real fight

I do not play candy crush, and not u who will send me somewhere else to play it, just because you want to be a bully doesn't mean it should be allowed :kiss2:

Point here is that its a frikken war game. I been playing game for almost 10 years over the span of a few characters. You know how you got better? You took the beating that a high level gave you - for whatever the reason - and you try to surpass him to return the beating. It is supposed to be a war game - not a farm game and wait for next non break event to come. If you were never one to go raid or kill others - then the "save all" rule never really applied to you regardless

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:05pm

I hope idea to hear opinions about it came into mind not just because one of social structure member got into troubles because of this rule, but because of real interest about opinions considering this subject.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:41pm

The game is a war of dragons, not tetris for children!

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:54pm

Well, in the beginning this rule had great potential gaining protection for low level players but it now has become a witch hunt in a sense. I would like to use as an example an incident that happened with one of my closest friends, - Tinus -. Several months ago he and myself went to magmar land to have some fun and gain some scalps, while there looking for players to get scalps from we went different directions to scout different locations at the same time. I found and attacked one straight away, Tinus was still looking for suitable player to fight with. He found one and went to attack and as soon as he attacked but.... The player that Tinus wanted to attack changed location just like one second before he clicked on the "sword" symbol to attack him.. so mistakenly he being clicked to a magmar who is 3 level lower than him and it caused a violation of the rule which was not his intention, and in the end leading to his being jailed for 3 days. I have known Tinus for many years and never known him to attack a player that was too small to give him scalp and or valor. Ironically enough, breaking this rule was the first violation of game rules he had ever had against him.. Well, this could have happened to me or you even. If this rule is not going to be removed then there must be a warning system in place that will prevent accidental attacks like this from occuring. It wasn't the first time someone fall into this trouble and won't be last.

And with this moment, this rule became a problem for me and frankly I stopped to going in magmar land. Something that I used to have so much fun with was now gone for fear of accidentally breaking a rule that would get me jailed. And dont hand me the old "use attack scrolls for every attack" song and dance because frankly I, like many others in this game, are not wealthy and the gold we do have we would much rather invest in our characters instead of something like this.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:00am

Remove the rule BUT implement this:

Same race EXE orders are fine UNLESS its gone on too long (daily) and/or totally lop sided (high lvl clan pounding a lower level clan that cant defend itself) and gotten out of hand, then its asked to stop by guard and should stop, including any/all negative effects too. IF two people wanna exe each other till the end of time and they're ok with it, have at it. IF one decides it's had enough, it should stop by being enforced by a guard.

EXE scrolls can only be used against enemies on enemy land lower than 3 levels IF provocation was issued (screenshot provided and given 7d period of exe by guards). Make any attacks 4 levels below attacker to have NO injury and less bro
ken gear so admins get less complaints about this in the future

By removing the rule and implementing these clauses, it protects someone 3 levels and lower for lesser injuries unless provocation was issued by guard (so they know its coming anyways). It enables defender rep more now cause of more options to get rep from raiders.
You really know its "game over" when the most fun we have is talking in forums...

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:06am

Well, in the beginning this rule had great potential gaining protection for low level players but it now has become a witch hunt in a sense. I would like to use as an example an incident that happened with one of my closest friends, - Tinus -. Several months ago he and myself went to magmar land to have some fun and gain some scalps, while there looking for players to get scalps from we went different directions to scout different locations at the same time. I found and attacked one straight away, Tinus was still looking for suitable player to fight with. He found one and went to attack and as soon as he attacked but.... The player that Tinus wanted to attack changed location just like one second before he clicked on the "sword" symbol to attack him.. so mistakenly he being clicked to a magmar who is 3 level lower than him and it caused a violation of the rule which was not his intention, and in the end leading to his being jailed for 3 days. I have known Tinus for many years and never known him to attack a player that was too small to give him scalp and or valor. Ironically enough, breaking this rule was the first violation of game rules he had ever had against him.. Well, this could have happened to me or you even. If this rule is not going to be removed then there must be a warning system in place that will prevent accidental attacks like this from occuring. It wasn't the first time someone fall into this trouble and won't be last.

And with this moment, this rule became a problem for me and frankly I stopped to going in magmar land. Something that I used to have so much fun with was now gone for fear of accidentally breaking a rule that would get me jailed. And dont hand me the old "use attack scrolls for every attack" song and dance because frankly I, like many others in this game, are not wealthy and the gold we do have we would much rather invest in our characters instead of something like this.

Im all for the removal of this rule, but to your argument 'it can happen to anyone", yes, yes it can, but you know what some do if they accidently attack someone more than 3lvls below? they time out/use the hour glass to skip turns and many players have done that. But of course, some players are too prideful and wont do that and instead argue "why should i give low lvl my scalp? :lol:" ... give scalp or jail, your own decision

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:14am

not remove but change

I don't think is funny for a lvl 19 to attack a lvl 3 and give an injury for a week ,i think mage should be able to attack mage and non mage to attack non mage

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:25am

I don't think is funny for a lvl 19 to attack a lvl 3 and give an injury for a week ,i think mage should be able to attack mage and non mage to attack non mage

so lvl 16's cannot attack lvl 15's; lvl 12's cannot attack lvl 10's and so on? While I do agree with the unfairness and stupidity of higher levels attacking lower levels (and I've pretty much stayed out of low levels fights unless I'm called for help or there's potential for a GB) you cannot restrict the ability to attack enemies in a war game. It's unprecedented, I've never encountered this rule in any other game (which doesn't mean it may not exist), we were all low levels at one point, we were all attacked by highers levels at one point and we moved over that... you talk about injuries still, really? there's plenty of ways to heal injuries for free (or almost free) and by practically removing the weight of wounds in this game you killed the pleasure and the point a whole profession (executioner).
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:43am

I was never okay with an attack rule against opposite races. Thats just stupid but we know why it got in. I find it interesting that this is the topic now since a mag got jailed for it in a fight involving nothing but mags and now we want to eliminate it altogether? Interesting....but I have nothing else to say about the subject besides that it needs to be removed :)
I'm not crazy, I swear!:ogo:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:51am

how interesting) if majority did not agree with this rule, how and on what reasons it was placed from the beginning ?))

@Sith think we should thank you for that rule)

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:59am

@ Acro

sadly, the pole says otherwise; we do live in a world where snowflakes complain all day about unfairness and rights comepletely forgetting rights are and ideea, a concept, like everything else around. for anyone to have any kind of rights there is the need for everyone else to abide by them and empower them. Regarding this rule, I've said to myself that it makes very little difference to my gameplay as I never considered myself a "predator" but I will not voluntary abide by it out of principle. I do believe that an ass kickin' can only determine you improve your character (if you really want to play the game) but there's more and more people around who only roam these lands for no concrete goal whatsoever.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:13am

Im all for the removal of this rule, but to your argument 'it can happen to anyone", yes, yes it can, but you know what some do if they accidently attack someone more than 3lvls below? they time out/use the hour glass to skip turns and many players have done that. But of course, some players are too prideful and wont do that and instead argue "why should i give low lvl my scalp? " ... give scalp or jail, your own decision
First of all, you cannot time out against an opponent in magland, it hits automatically after three turns and most people dont think and/or see the hour glass with the panic. I was just wondering if you could show me in the rules where it states that a person wont be jailed as long as they skip a turn during the fight if they happen to attack someone three levels beneath their own? I gave my feedback about a part of this rule that had been bothering me, don't distort my words.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cnR" (Mar 7th 2018, 1:35am)

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:23am

Remove the rule BUT implement this:

Same race EXE orders are fine UNLESS its gone on too long (daily) and/or totally lop sided (high lvl clan pounding a lower level clan that cant defend itself) and gotten out of hand, then its asked to stop by guard and should stop, including any/all negative effects too. IF two people wanna exe each other till the end of time and they're ok with it, have at it. IF one decides it's had enough, it should stop by being enforced by a guard.

EXE scrolls can only be used against enemies on enemy land lower than 3 levels IF provocation was issued (screenshot provided and given 7d period of exe by guards). Make any attacks 4 levels below attacker to have NO injury and less bro
ken gear so admins get less complaints about this in the future

By removing the rule and implementing these clauses, it protects someone 3 levels and lower for lesser injuries unless provocation was issued by guard (so they know its coming anyways). It enables defender rep more now cause of more options to get rep from raiders.

@ Acro

sadly, the pole says otherwise; we do live in a world where snowflakes complain all day about unfairness and rights comepletely forgetting rights are and ideea, a concept, like everything else around. for anyone to have any kind of rights there is the need for everyone else to abide by them and empower them. Regarding this rule, I've said to myself that it makes very little difference to my gameplay as I never considered myself a "predator" but I will not voluntary abide by it out of principle. I do believe that an ass kickin' can only determine you improve your character (if you really want to play the game) but there's more and more people around who only roam these lands for no concrete goal whatsoever.

i'm not going to argue or try to prove something) there always 2 sides to truth and you can stick to any of them)
i'll leave it at that

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 5:38am

how interesting) if majority did not agree with this rule, how and on what reasons it was placed from the beginning ?))

@Sith think we should thank you for that rule)
You need your nose surgically removed from someone's ass. The fumes are effecting your brain as well as your memory.

This was instated because of MAGMARS, not humans (and not me). I know mag head guard is infatuated with me, thinks i'm the be all, end all of everything she can come up with BUT there was a huge war between alpha (usual fools) and RW and even some guards left (and welcomed back afterwards) to join and fight in that war. It got outta hand, you know, you joined in too :)

As for raiding, It was magmars (mostly alpha) that raided human lands and attacked everything in sight no matter the levels. Nestro, Store, Acro, Ark, I am Groot etc (not enough space to name everyone here), alot of lvl16 to 19 doing it. On DE they called it the Nestro rule (same attitude he had here and was quickly brought up once he was here doing his favorite thing of killing everything of all levels in his path. Me, i'm just a little lvl12-13 at the time, yet i'm to be made out as the scape goat with propoganda.

Careful where you throw stones Acro, glass falls everywhere once broken and it doesnt discriminate where it lands. I provided a possible solution, you provided... well, manure.
You really know its "game over" when the most fun we have is talking in forums...

• "Sequana" started this thread

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:46am

May I please remind to not turn this into any personal battle? Think there is enough in forum already.

Some of you mentioned changing the rule. What in detail would you change? And why?
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!: