You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 10:23pm

Freedom of choice in todays game-world?

I have been playing this game for over 2 years now, if you count my re-roll character. Now I am very bothered by certain actions the guards and Admin have taken in the past few months. Please read through to the end before you make any judgements on what I am saying here.
As a new player two years ago I first ran across Jack Sparrow. He helped my old character (Big Juan) when I was attacked by a L8 Gordt and asked for help in location chat. I noticed he was one of the biggest players I had run across in the game and was impressed at how quickly he killed the Gordt. As I thanked him I noticed his response was a bit slow, and the English was a bit broken, but did not think too much of it.
After I re-rolled I saw him around from time to time but we rarely spoke to one another. As I played the game I noticed his posts in Forum from time to time. The thing I most appreciated was when he would argue for freedom of all players to join Great Battles. It seems to me that pay-paller or not, we should each have the right to join such fights, but should also listen to bigger players and learn to come to such fights prepared as best we can. As an old friend once said "Proper prior planning prevents poor performance"
When I had finally reached Elite Warrior I thought it was prudent to join a L2 clan. Since I had a very strong friendship with Geokat and 2 other players from Relentless, I first approached Geokat and asked if he would approach Kingpin on my behalf (as well as 2 other very close friends). I was told that there was absolutely no chance of joining Relentless until I reached L8. Since this did not work well for my plans, I asked a new friend I had made, N-Gin if it was possible to join KOH. He told me perhaps, but he needed to ask the clan leader and the senate members first. The next day we were invited in to this clan.
As a clan member of KOH I testify that Jack will do everything in his power to protect and defend his clanmates and friends. Also I beleive that all our clanmates would agree.

Flashback:
In the CC.... Nanhi and Kanemasters became friends with us, as we all worked toward valor and rank.

Right before we joined KOH, Nanhi became a guard. After we had joined, she was telling us we needed to find a different clan as the guards all hated KOH, and how terrible our leader was for executing guards. My response was to play her own game, I am happy where I am.

A few months later, Jack Sparrow is banned from the game for executing Nanhi... someone who clearly disliked him and had prejudiced feelings toward him. Jacks side of the story is that he was upset with Nanhi for all the many times she had silenced him when he was in an arguement with another player. Most often Jack has argued for personal freedom in the game. Freedom to join Great Battles. Freedom to speak ones own mind. And Freedom to play the game as each person wants to.
As an American Citizen by birth I am sometimes amazed at how fervent he is toward Freedom. If you don't know Jack, his responses are a bit slow, and his english a bit broken because he is from Bulgaria. He uses translators to communicate. But... he can work Google translator alot faster than I can.
Several weeks later Jack is back in the game but with a long gag.... and a lifelong ban from forum. Funny coincidence, but Nanhi is no longer with the Guards, nor is Kanemasters. But... admin sees fit to continue the gag and forum ban on Jack. Seems alot hypocritical to me.
I argue that Nanhi did not properly follow the Guards Code of Conduct concerning gags, she just let her personal prejudice overrule following such codes. I also argue that Admin did a poor job of investigating and interviewing people before they let the guards (a clan that is admittedly prejudiced against Jack) gag and ban stay in effect. And lastly I argue that this nonsense of lifelong ban in forum is a travesty and goes against everything anyone who supports freedom stands for.

If you agree with me that Jack has been treated unfairly please feel free to add what you wish.

Monday, November 29th 2010, 12:41pm

Any penalties in this game and in the forum, no matter whether they are given by the administration or by guards or mentors on behalf of the administration are purely given on the base of the game, chat, trade and forum rules and terms and conditions. It is of no importance whether someone likes or dislikes the player, how many friends the player has, how loyal their clan mates are or many people voice there opinion in te forum or elsewhere. The rules are the same for every player, no matter how long they have been in the game or how popular they are.

If a player receives a penalty and believes this was given unjustly they can contact the administration via ban@warofdragons.com. This issue will be dealt with between the player and the administration and cannot be influenced by other players.

This section of the forum is for contacting the administration with question or issues. It is not for general discusiion but for admins to answer. Players who are starting general discussions will be punished.