You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:44pm

Art : What did sicentists recently discover about the statues of Ancient Greece ?

Literature : Which of her own characters did Agatha Christie call "a detestable, bombastic, tiresome, egocentric little creep" ?

Art:
Original Greek statues were brightly painted

Literature:
Hercule Poirot

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:47pm

Art : What did sicentists recently discover about the statues of Ancient Greece ?

Literature : Which of her own characters did Agatha Christie call "a detestable, bombastic, tiresome, egocentric little creep" ?

Art:
Original Greek statues were brightly painted

Literature:
Hercule Poirot
Both correct

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:03am

Art:
The Scream, sold in May for nearly $120m, is currently the world’s most expensive painting. But which Norwegian artist created it?

Literature:
Who wrote the famous 1855 poem 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?
I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:05am

Art:
The Scream, sold in May for nearly $120m, is currently the world’s most expensive painting. But which Norwegian artist created it?

Literature:
1) Edvard Munch
2) Lord Tennyson
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:08am

Art:
Who started impressionism (name the four authors) ? And who was the theacher they had in common?

Literature:
the phrase 'Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise' from where comes? and who wrote it?
Art : well i know more than 4 artists for that but I'll say
-Renoir
-Monet
-Pisarro
-Sisley

Litterature : This sentence has been written by Thomas Grey and it comes from one of his poems : "Ode on a distant prospect of Eton College"

so.
Answer cannot be accepted because it's partial. the name... i can accept them, but the 4 ( Claude Monet, Alfred Sisley, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and Frederic Bazille ) were all students of Marc Gleyre (this was the thing you missed to say 'Their teacher in common'.

and about literature, The 'Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise' was written by Shakespeare.

sorry :)
404 not found

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:31am

Art:

Literature:
1) Edvard Munch
2) Lord Tennyson

Correct
I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:33am

New questions to humans to answer:

Art:
Who painted "Guernica"?

Literacy:
Who wrote "The Catcher in the Rye" (which i had to read in school :teacher: )

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:46am

Art:
Who painted "Guernica"?

Literacy:
Art : Pablo Picasso

Literature : J. D. Salinger

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:48am

Art:
Who painted "Guernica"?

Literacy:
Art : Pablo Picasso

Literature : J. D. Salinger

yeah sure, corrrect

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:51am

Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise
Did my best to find a source saying shakespeare wrote that line and the only thing I could find was a book published in 1860, so more than 100 years after Gray wrote it and it was NOT saying that Shakespeare was its creator. Other 9/10 websites were saying Gray did.
So are you sure about that ?

Monday, September 16th 2019, 12:56am

Did my best to find a source saying shakespeare wrote that line and the only thing I could find was a book published in 1860, so more than 100 years after Gray wrote it and it was NOT saying that Shakespeare was its creator. Other 9/10 websites were saying Gray did.

https://www.jagranjosh.com/articles/lite…iz-1314427586-1

try here, anyway was incomplete I'm sorry :)
404 not found

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:02am

https://www.jagranjosh.com/articles/lite…iz-1314427586-1

try here, anyway was incomplete I'm sorry :)
Funny, I happen to have a link who shows the same question but Shakespeare is not an answer

https://www.goodreads.com/trivia/show/62…ce-is-bliss-it-

The question in invalid anyway

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:03am

ART:
Which type of art produced Rome during his Republican period?

Literature:
In which country might you attend a Kabuki performance?
404 not found

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:04am

just did a fast research and you can find some results about shakespeare too.

try on google:

Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise? shakespeare

no idea which font is correct right now. should I read the book? xD
404 not found

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:08am

ART:

Literature:
Art : can a question be more vague than this one ? :lol:
I don't know what is exactly the answer you're expecting but i know they produced :
- veristic portraiture
-artchitecture
-paintings
-sculpures

Literature : Japan

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:37am

Art: What is the full name of Mozart's Turkish March?

Literature: Which antagonist Sherlock Holmes wasn't able to catch?
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:49am

Art : The Piano Sonata, in A major, K 331/300i

Literature : Professor Moriaty

Monday, September 16th 2019, 1:58am

ART:

Literature:
Art : can a question be more vague than this one ? :lol:
I don't know what is exactly the answer you're expecting but i know they produced :
- veristic portraiture
-artchitecture
-paintings
-sculpures

Literature : Japan

The complete answer:

Roman art in the Republican period has been preserved primarily through statuary and painting; most of the architecture was wooden until the marble temples of the Augustan period. Roman statues were focused on the ancestors, and practiced a type of realism rarely seen even in Greek art; rather than carve Roman statues to look like actual people as the Greeks did, statues were carved to look like "specific" Romans. The term for this kind of realism is called "verism", and the term refers to how Roman statues were true-to-life of the person the statue was made of. In order to accomplish this, the lost-wax method was usually used, and as the lost-wax method could only be performed on dead people most of the statues of the Republican period are of aging older males.

When it comes to painting, the Romans preferred murals; most often these murals were landscapes depicting the countryside outside the building, but they also might feature still life paintings, such as clusters of grapes sitting next to pitchers of water. The landscapes were painted in such a way as to invoke "tromp l'oeil", a trick of the eyes that was intended to make small Roman homes feel larger by using floor-to-ceiling murals that featured depth.

What I was expecting:
- Verism

Guess you're right saying it was vague. I let the choiche to say it's correct or not to jesters.
The second answer is correct. is in japan.
404 not found

Monday, September 16th 2019, 2:09am

Art : How many paintings did Vincent Van Gogh sell during his lifetime ?

Literature : Which character is pregnant at the beginning of "The Grapes of Wraths" ?

:glance:

Monday, September 16th 2019, 2:17am

Art : How many paintings did Vincent Van Gogh sell during his lifetime ?

Literature : Which character is pregnant at the beginning of "The Grapes of Wraths" ?

Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime Red Vineyard at Arles.

Rose of Sharon (called Rosasharn by her family)
404 not found