You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 20th 2021, 2:36pm

You made me post, since I didn't want to open that forum so you have to read it and take it as it is:

When I was Head, there was AT LEAST one Mentor online during daytime play hours.

Absence of mentor is bad. That bad, YOUR players come back to me, who just returned. Please make sure to serve your job properly and with desire, not for income and privileges. You are the teachers, the ones to help and should BE HERE for players. Not just to wear an M 'coz it's cool. Sadly, right now is opposite. You are gone during the day...

Accept that as an official complaint of not being here. At all.
:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

Tuesday, July 20th 2021, 5:50pm

Hello!

We have holiday time, each of us wants to rest and enjoy the beautiful weather. Each of us has our duties, work, family or wants to go out with friends. Mentors are also people.

I suspect a lot has changed since you played regularly. We are happy to answer your questions if we are online. When we are away, you can always write a question to the in-game mail or forum.

You can join us, we will test your knowledge and if you meet our requirements, you will be able to help players with us :yes:

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 9:23am

Well, with this reply it got even worse. I didn’t expect such a lame and poor answer.

At first - I will start with the end - I have no desire to join Mentors anymore. At the end when I have time to devote for the players, I will start doing it again for free and players will start to say how lazy the Mentors are. That happened the last time. Then I used my time to make the game more easy for their understanding and tried to cover all the game time with Mentors. Not obligatory to be know-it-all, but taught them how to use external sites, translated guides and quests, and most of all to be polite and to answer until the players are happy.
At the second - game has changed slightly but since I got most, in less than week, then I see no real difference. And still, players hate to need information for something and then to have to write mail or forum post… and wait for hours. Most lame answer ever. Did you just copy-paste your autoanswer?!
And I kept for the end your beginning. As you have holidays now, then by the same logic of yours, you are not here on Christmas, Easter etc. And yes, Mentors are also people that get PAID for their real life jobs. When they don’t do it properly get downgraded or fired. So as I see Mentors are not doing their game job. Therefore I write here to drag the attention of the ones above them.
And since I got such a lame and stupid answer from current to former head, I understand why the situation at the Ms is like that right now.

Pity I devoted so much to the game and the players with such love. I thought the things will get better and people will continue wear the M for doing their job properly not just to write such junk posts and not to take the criticism with the understanding where they are wrong.

Btw, next time you write to me, make sure you know how long I play this game, were I one of the first players that came to the server, were I guard and so on, do I know all. So p-lease! Measure well all your words with me. As I said, I am not here for your place but surely there is others that can replace you to do the job. Everyone is replaceable. Show that you deserve your calling. I’ll be around to follow up.

• "Cobra Commander" has been banned

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 11:39am

Someone copy and paste muffin's words on every single goddamned application thread please. Sometimes you just gotta tell the raw, unadulterated, cold, harsh truth. Thank god someone went ahead and did it.

[EDIT: removal of non-English phrase]

On another note. Welcome back. It's nice to see you here. :sarcastic:
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "T-DeAdLY-J" (Jul 21st 2021, 1:45pm) with the following reason: removal of non-English phrase

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 12:11pm

I won't try to play diplomat, because I already have experience with people to whom whatever is said, they have their answer :>
Well, with this reply it got even worse. I didn’t expect such a lame and poor answer.
I agree. I was also annoyed that Altarie reminded me that I haven't had a holiday in the last 1.5 years.
At first - I will start with the end - I have no desire to join Mentors anymore.
Shame, volunteers are hard to find lately.
At the end when I have time to devote for the players, I will start doing it again for free and players will start to say how lazy the Mentors are.
If that's the only reason, you don't have to. The players already know that we are lazy.
Then I used my time to make the game more easy for their understanding and tried to cover all the game time with Mentors. Not obligatory to be know-it-all, but taught them how to use external sites, translated guides and quests, and most of all to be polite and to answer until the players are happy.
I understand you, since Beefy and Chicky changed race I've stopped going out of the Mentors hidden location. It's a good thing you posted something on the forum, because I can take a break from translating and updating tutorials on the Mentors external site. Although I can't agree on the point of lack of knowledge. Experience should cover gaps.
At the second - game has changed slightly but since I got most, in less than week, then I see no real difference. And still, players hate to need information for something and then to have to write mail or forum post… and wait for hours.
Well, I don't know how it was in the past but I am able to answer even when I am logged out. Even if not via game there is possibillity to contact with some mentors via English Discord Server (or polish, or russian, I am everywhere!). Also we have a constant contact with other team members. This is perhaps a little controversial, but I think that I would rather give up unnecessary pride and answer through a Guard or a Jester than to have to keep the player waiting.
And I kept for the end your beginning. As you have holidays now, then by the same logic of yours, you are not here on Christmas, Easter etc. And yes, Mentors are also people that get PAID for their real life jobs. When they don’t do it properly get downgraded or fired. So as I see Mentors are not doing their game job. Therefore I write here to drag the attention of the ones above them.
Well, I happen to be in the game on New Year's Eve, but then I feel like a nerd. By the way, every day I hope my boss doesn't catch me at work answering players' questions xD +I don't know where you got the information that inactivity in the Mentor team is acceptable, however most doesn't have a possibility to turn the game on at work unfortunately.
Pity I devoted so much to the game and the players with such love. I thought the things will get better and people will continue wear the M for doing their job properly not just to write such junk posts and not to take the criticism with the understanding where they are wrong.
Unfortunately, it does not matter what kind of love a lover has when he abandons someone. And criticism to a certain extent is most welcome. That is why we have been discussing for a few days some more active ways of recruiting players. You can now write that the problem is that current Mentors are too rarely in the game. We are not able to influence this. We just make sure that they reach a certain minimum and try to motivate them to do so.
Btw, next time you write to me, make sure you know how long I play this game, were I one of the first players that came to the server, were I guard and so on, do I know all. So p-lease! Measure well all your words with me. As I said, I am not here for your place but surely there is others that can replace you to do the job. Everyone is replaceable. Show that you deserve your calling. I’ll be around to follow up..
Hello, my name is -Kalikon-. I play this game for I have no interest in checking how long, were I one of the last players that came to the server. I have never been a Guard, Consecrator, Herald, etc. You don't need that knowledge to write to me, because it doesn't matter. I am a Mentor, I deal with being a Mentor and I do things beyond being a Mentor. This is my story, my destiny, my role.
And by the way, I'm lazy enough to have spent the last 30 minutes writing on the forum instead of working.

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 12:16pm

@Muffin - no worry, you can join mentors if only you have enough knowledge.
It is so hard to believe you have any seeing your badges and amount of forum posts. Feels like nothing at all. I am glad i can answer your struggles, that's all from me for now. If you have any further questions feel free to ask me private, i would be happy to help you out with this complicated game.

Wink & welcome in new reality :)

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 1:05pm

I agree. I was also annoyed that Altarie reminded me that I haven't had a holiday in the last 1.5 years.
I don't care if you had a holiday or not. I didn't put you there as a mentor, you put yourself. DO YOUR JOB. If you can't be online, hire people who can when you can't. People don't wanna join? Increase pay. Increase amount of mentor coins they receive. MAKE SURE THEY ARE HAPPY APPLYING TO BE, JOINING AND STAYING A MENTOR. Make sure they get their mentor training right, make sure they know how to talk to people, stay calm and BE RESPECTFUL.

Shame, volunteers are hard to find lately.
Did I answer this before? Increase amount of mentor coins and pay, make being a mentor something people are interested in. MAKE SURE THEY ARE HAPPY APPLYING TO BE, JOINING AND STAYING A MENTOR.
If that's the only reason, you don't have to. The players already know that we are lazy.
Good. Then stop being lazy, nobody has to do your job so that you get that mentor paycheck every week.

I understand you, since Beefy and Chicky changed race I've stopped going out of the Mentors hidden location. It's a good thing you posted something on the forum, because I can take a break from translating and updating tutorials on the Mentors external site. Although I can't agree on the point of lack of knowledge. Experience should cover gaps.
The problem is that even our HM doesn't know jacks...hizbeer. Mentors are SEVERELY inexperienced and their training is horrible. The old mentors team was ironically much more experienced and better than the current one when it came to doing your mentor duties. (ie Paul HM and Lalie AHM, yeah Paul I know you don't like me, shut up, I'm just talking about facts here)

Well, I don't know how it was in the past but I am able to answer even when I am logged out. Even if not via game there is possibillity to contact with some mentors via English Discord Server (or polish, or russian, I am everywhere!). Also we have a constant contact with other team members. This is perhaps a little controversial, but I think that I would rather give up unnecessary pride and answer through a Guard or a Jester than to have to keep the player waiting.
The problem is that most of the players from COM discord server are not in PL discord server, and nobody shared the link to join there and people don't even know PL discord exists because nobody talks about it. So, your point just went down the drain.
That's not all, there's more!
Liam, even though he's not a mentor anymore and most of the time he just filled people in with false trash, actually helps when people need help. Every single time I asked a question about something, he was the fastest and the most accurate one to come up with answers. Once again, a non mentor player doing mentor job. Zat is verie interestink, mein friend.

As for your multies, idc, everyone knows you guys have multiple multies in multiple different teams and whenever it's brought up because of how unethical (ethics in online game XDDDDDDDDD) it is, someone will come and whiteknight you so yeah, nvm. (His words, not mine, don't come at me with "baseless criticism" for referring to his "guard or jester" comment, go ahead and twist it into "but I meant telling a guard or jester to answer you! Not that!")

Well, I happen to be in the game on New Year's Eve, but then I feel like a nerd. By the way, every day I hope my boss doesn't catch me at work answering players' questions xD +I don't know where you got the information that inactivity in the Mentor team is acceptable, however most doesn't have a possibility to turn the game on at work unfortunately.
Hire lowlife, unemployed internet trolls to cover for you. If nobody wants to join, make sure people get a high pay, high amount of coins, make sure they have a sa- did we have this talk before? I feel like we did.

Or hire people from multiple different places like one guy from US, one from Europe, one from Asia etc. so everyone will have some online time while others are working, if people do not want to join mentors then you can increase pay, increase the a- did we have this talk before?
Unfortunately, it does not matter what kind of love a lover has when he abandons someone. And criticism to a certain extent is most welcome. That is why we have been discussing for a few days some more active ways of recruiting players. You can now write that the problem is that current Mentors are too rarely in the game. We are not able to influence this. We just make sure that they reach a certain minimum and try to motivate them to do so.
You can influence that by increasing p- did we have this talk before?

Hello, my name is -Kalikon-. I play this game for I have no interest in checking how long, were I one of the last players that came to the server. I have never been a Guard, Consecrator, Herald, etc. You don't need that knowledge to write to me, because it doesn't matter. I am a Mentor, I deal with being a Mentor and I do things beyond being a Mentor. This is my story, my destiny, my role.
And by the way, I'm lazy enough to have spent the last 30 minutes writing on the forum instead of working.
Hi, my name's Hakan. I'm the Khan, I am the teacher, you are the student and this post is my instrument. My lessons are so beautiful. Because through my lessons, I schooled many people. I made them humble. But there is one thing I lack: a long fuse. Unfortunately, when a mentor belittles me for my question, makes fun of me, I tend to get upset, when they start talking about bullsh...izbeer topics instead of staying on point, I tend to get angry, but when they come off as cocky, when they think that "wE aRe aLsO PlAyErS" gives them the reason to be disrespectful, then I tend to go nuclear.
Being a mentor or guard or anything else, that wasn't my destiny, no, mine was and still is to straighten out disrespectful people who think that just because they have some fraction of power online, they can be abusive. My job is to teach each and every single one of you that you are the one to defuse a situation, not escalate one, that you are the one to solve problems and not create more of them.

tl;dr
Having a downgrade in the quality of work and expecting people to appreciate it is not ok. You are volunteers who said "yeah, I can help players" and nobody forced you to do so. Do your job. Get more people interested in doing your job. Get more people. Make damn sure that they stay because of how they're being treated and how much they're getting paid. Don't be like Bier.

Consider yourself schooled. You come here with more of this and I will gladly spend another 40 mins of my hunt half-hunting-half-typing here

ATTENTION, SUCKING UP TO MENTORS INCOMING, GET TO COVER!

I thank you, Kalikon, and everyone else who is working on Polish mentor site for all that useful info. I also thank anyone who is working to translate all that infor into English. (Yeah boo hoo it's still mostly Polish, cry more liberals, they are improving every day and that's all that matters).

I also thank anyone who changed COM mentor site and improved it.

SUCKING UP TO MENTORS IS OVER, EVERYONE AT EASE.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 1:07pm

Altarie, Raging, Bier and Aymira are always helpful. :sneakers:

and muffin you were always the best :love2:

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 1:27pm

So, here it goes... this people are like one, lets say Hydra. The one 'head' replies with autoreply, the other 'head' tries to be funny-sarcastic-defensive-and-dull. You know, Hydras don't die from head cut, but from pierced heart.

I even can't say you are like Gizedor, even he doesn't talk so much gibberish.

If you really feel so unappreciated, as you try to show in your post, then this is only your problem. You get payment for your job. Here is your appriciation.

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 1:53pm

I won't try to play diplomat, because I already have experience with people to whom whatever is said, they have their answer :>
@Muffin ^^^^^^^ We are a Team of course.

@Hakan
  • Salary is important but I am only a manager, not employer. We've created some system to reward activity but the use of it is up to the Mentors.
  • I can't force people to work if they don't want to do something themselves. As I mentioned somewhere Mentors are volunteers. The moment they start treating it as a job, they tend to lose motivation.
  • Mentors don't get money only for being mentors.
  • I'm not just waiting for new application while do nothing. As I mentioned we are trying to increase the number of mentors in various ways.
  • In case of Discord - yup, I gave only an alternative to the standard in-game priv questions.

It is not like I ignore problems. I try to influence it as much as I can. Supervise, correct, change. Time will tell if what we are doing makes sense.

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 7:58pm

@dashkalikondash

If there are still few active people in mentors, then it's because of either 3:
1) People are not interested, that is mainly because of toxic working environment, low pay, overall outcome being lower than what they expected or all of the above so they're just demoralized.
2) You are deliberately not hiring and/or hiring and kicking them out afterwards.
3) It just isn't enough, you need new ways to encourage people to join and then stay in mentors.

True, you can't force them, but what you can do is encourage them to work harder. If it's not happening, then you gotta ask yourself why, don't come here and tell me they're volunteers and then pay them. What kinda volunteer gets paid for the job they do? This is a goddamn job, it's true that people apply *voluntarily* cause... nobody forces them, as I also said in my previous post, but you are damn well hiring them to do a *job* not a voluntary work for a foundation or some other bullshizbeer. Who the hell gets demoralized when they treat something like a job? Do you know how much I love being a translator after all that sweet, fast cash I got after translating shiz mushroom for people working freelance?

Yes they get paid for being mentors, they get paid with free protection (YoU cAn aTtaCk a MeNtoR oR a GuArD YoU wiLl nOt GeT JaiLeD, yeah tell it to all the people who got jailed for that reason. Attacking guards and/or mentors. Sure, let's just get a few people to attack mentors and guards, not do anything to them so that you can flex about how you're not a hypocrite and disregard... idk, a thousand? people who got jailed for attacking them for personal reasons) get paid with connections to people in the right places, they get paid with a lot of things except for gold. They earn gold, becaaaaaaause.... That's right. They work. At a job. They get paid weekly.

Whatever you're doing is not working and that's not my problem, my problem is that there aren't enough mentors and the mentor trainings suck. The way they treat people sucks. The way they handle any situation ever sucks. They sucked for years and what you guys are doing is making these things suck harder, damn I wish sith's mo- I mean the calf I saw today kept sucking that hard...

Uhhh yeah, the calf I saw today, he was so cute, he wanted to suckle on the bottle of milk but he just couldn't do it, if he sucked a bit harder he'd be able to drink it. The lady who was feeding him the bottled milk just didn't realize the problem with that thing.

Then don't give me an "alternative" that doesn't exist for me. Here, it's the same thing: Make me HM for magmars. Did I apply to be a magmar mentor? No. Did I work as a magmar mentor since the last 4 years? No. Do I have any experience? Yes. More than any current mentor. I did a damn fine job 5 years ago. If I applied today I'd still make a better job than any one of those guys. Do I want to apply? No. So what's the point?

Stay on point, answer the damned questions. Don't go off topic and try to find a crack in the armor.

Wednesday, July 21st 2021, 8:50pm

deez

Thursday, July 22nd 2021, 4:46pm

@muffin

First of all, hellos, welcome back :D

Now to the real deal;
This posts reminds me of a grandpa/grandma saying "Back in the good ol' days"

'The grass was greener'

As I remember we were maybe a tad bit more active and diverse with people around the clock, but you can't say that all of us were fit to mentor at all. I remember some that didn't know half of the things you and me used to know, yet they were still around. Along with that I'm sure we weren't in the game 24/7
(ESPECIALLY NOT HUMANS ROFL)

Things change, life changes, we both moved on, focused on real.
Everything changes.

Except one thing - Admins giving a F about this game.
If they did, I'm sure they'd put all the game roles in order.
But most of all they'd make something out of this game again and not just Total Drama Island.

Tho I love watching the drama always <3

And with that above - since admins don't care your complaint won't matter.
If you wanna help players help, why drag lazy mentors into it? LUL

Anyway, have fun in the new reality but same ol shiet in this game :D

Cya!

Friday, July 23rd 2021, 4:05pm

Lets wrap the things.

I come, say to you directly that you/your team is most-likely showing low to zero in-game activity and get the most crappy answers ever.
I will explain. As of when I was leader, for me more important was the in-game help. Therefore I started to write guides at the game forum. Because I see no good for any player (consumer) of the game to need to look in external sites. And here now I read mentors MAIN job is updating external site and answering in EXTERNAL chat program.
So then, I as a player, instead of finding the information at the game forum by one search, I have to go to x-site and start looking, or try to find a mentor in Discord because there is none online.

Aren’t you ashamed to ask payment from the admins for such job of yours?

And if you quit, close your site and so on, what did you got paid for? In game, for not-a-game site. Quite good value. I do some things out of the game and get paid in game. How smart!…

And for the rest that get spammy around - glad to see you too. Seems it took me a week to say, what you couldn’t for more time. But I bare with you. Good that I know where to find what I need. Not the same I can say for someone who is new at this game… and has to go to Discord to find mentor to get link for external site, for the help he needed IN the game. (Can't resist, I'll just giggle with sarcastic laugh here :thumbsup: )

Oh, and btw, lots of people prv-ed me to explain how bad the Mentors are, or how they make fun of players, or how they are lazy. Well, from what I see I wonder why this people just don’t start to report with the necessary screens and all. I’m not an admin or someone who can take decision. I can just pat their shoulder, bare with them and help when it's asked for.

So yeah, keep getting paid in game for job you do out of it. :stupid:

Friday, July 23rd 2021, 4:10pm

One little add, but mostly for the admins note:

16:00 Need a Mentor? You can find online Mentor HERE .
16:00 Воины Огрия и Хаира! Сражение на Древнем плато началось! Великие драконы призывают вас в бой!
16:05 News "Magic moulds"
16:05 News "Bankers generosity!"
16:05 muffin » ***: http://warofdragons.com/info/library/ind…?obj=cat&id=310
16:05 *** » muffin: ? the afk tors? or offtors
16:06 ***: boom at friday and not a damn M online
16:06 *** » muffin: you sound surprised.. this is comon now
16:06 *** » muffin: litteraly 99% of the time
16:06 *** » muffin: all off both sides

:pain: :lol: :drink:

Friday, July 23rd 2021, 4:47pm

Trash thread, the whole things you wrote is just about someone who wants to satisfy her ego. First of all, it is completely ridiculous to set forth that the problem is all about the mentors but not the adminstration, do you know how many players left the game in the last 3-4 years? Let me tell you, thousands of players left which is pretty huge when you compare it to total population of the game. Do you have any idea how hard is to find a decent person for a game role at the moment? A few people are applying for the roles and most of them do not even fit the role, so mentors do not take people in intentionally or is it because there are not enough applications? You do not have any idea about this game lady, I think you are still living 3-4 years past. I wish you had spent some time in the game to fully understand the problem and then post a thread on the forum. I'm not sure you'd have the guts to tell the truth even if you have done that tho.

I'm just not gonna write a novel here. So, if you want to help this game out then you can do it right away instead of spending your time in the forums for blaming people or for satisfying your ego. And believe me, there were former mentors who has more knowledge about this game than you did but they never came to the forums to brag. You are just funny.

Friday, July 23rd 2021, 10:10pm

@cnR

Now I will really answer to you. As I kept it towards mentors, which replies you have seen, I believe I should defend and explain myself once more to you. But remember, I still don’t need to do that. I’m doing it because I have enjoyed this game and since I’ve returned, I prefer to feel comfortable in gameplay and forum talks. Don’t we all want that?
If I was to satisfy my ego, I would have sat quietly and then apply, blast them from inside when I see their dirt, because believe me there is much, and then take again the leadership most-likely or to find someone to help me fix it and then take my place. But I have no time for that anymore. Desire yes, time no. And since both are not yeses, then I should not sit offline like them holding the M. Therefore I wrote here as former head because I am disappointed of their current doing. Because when you leave something that was going pretty good and return to something that is not quite well… you need to say out-loud what you think. But I see that you do not agree. I have no idea why…
As for the players leaving… Actually there is not that many who left. Most are multies that got bored of being what they are and went for a restart. Yes, some old fellas left, but there were players leaving even while I was playing. So far, there is many new, there is as well lot of server/race jumps, people who return from time to time and so on. So can not fully agree that the game is empty. Empty from decent straight minded people, yes, but there is enough population since the game still goes on.
As of people taking roles (i understand callings), there is enough, but most indeed not decent. But then, why no chance is given to people who prove themselves. There is many who would rock the role/calling out, but again - they are not given chance to do so. So here is the thing. That’s why I started this topic. Because, surely, I would be more happy to see them doing the M job with honor, not to get rich for doings OUT of the game, despite it is for it. I explained above my opinion and to what I was heading forward during my time. No need to repeat.
And as of the people who has more knowledge than me - I rather want to know who. I already caught up lots from what I've missed. And I don't speak about quests, reps and items. I speak in general. For all about the game and the players.
And if you accept that as a bragging, well, then do so. I know more and people who talk to me since my return prove it to me. Oh yeah, and when they talk to me, they feel comfortable as I don’t reply as robot with macros or laugh at them upon their issues.
Just for your record. Info from the kitchen of 4 years back, but been going since I’ve started from the beginning of this server - admins are busy and they mostly deal with the Ms n Gs if required, unless that changed. So in the end they may not see this topic, unless someone bring it to them. And Ms won’t because they know how they violate their positions given.
Especially the fact that the Magmar head was changed for the better, as it is done usually. But there is no change. Even don’t know her/him but I’ve seen enough. I’m not blind. LOL.

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 10:07am

Having Mentors is not that important since you can read most of the stuff at the library, mentor are important once warofdragons would start some Marketing so new people would join but right now mentors dont make sense to much at this little amount of players in my opinion

Saturday, July 24th 2021, 5:53pm

TBH, you come saying external sites and programs are bad, meanwhile forum and game is broken.

It's down often, it gets no real support, the functions are outdated and don't let me get started about the search function - if you don't hit the keyword you won't find nothing here.

If admins don't help with anything or more like do anything at all what do u expect?

It's also really narrowminded of you to laugh when someone mentions discord. Like, this is the platform for ALL the games, the discord server also had admins on it and quizzes and everything.
Also isn't telegram external program that's used by guards, mentors and admins?

I 100% agree with cnR <3

Want to fix the world? Start by fixing your own bedroom. :music: