You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 11:39am

Runes

was wondering if any mentor's can advise me which runes are best for armor? is purple the best way to go? i am wanting upgrade my runes but i dont know if its the best thing to do?

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 7:21pm

Hope you dont mind if I add my point of view here.

Looking at your gear, I would say you have pretty competetive runed set, which should be enough to combat most ppl at L3-4. Ofcourse, if you want absolute domination, then the best possible rune is always available. Conventionally the blue runes at 3-4 were always enough, but if your pocket is deep, why not grab these beauties?:

For your class at L3-4

Vest
Shirt
Wep (main)
Aux
Pauldron

Keep in mind these are very expensive, hence acquiring them would result a pretty deep hole in your pocket. Furthermore you wont be in L4 forever, hence the option of opting out from getting the rune for vest can be justifiable. Other than that these purple runes does make a pretty big impact over the blue and ofcourse the green ones you wear.

Although if I was you Id just keep what you have for now and concentrate to purple rune L6+ gears for absolute domination in Talaars and onwards.
Everythin is bloody boring ~~~~:bee:

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 7:50pm

dreameriuss why upgrading? Your set is good for level 4, considering that there are very few enemies with purple runes (not mentioning that they are noobs) and no enemies with purple items on 3-4. Not to mention that you can always get buffed to maximum.

The good advice was given:

Quoted

keep what you have for now and concentrate to purple rune L6+ gears

Armor for the halls is a different question =P

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 2:08am

ok thanks for the info....that is why i was asking....wasnt sure if i needed to spend the dough for the upgrades

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 5:36pm

Did you look at the difference in stats that the purple runes give? That's the best way to make your decision. The green and blue armor runes only increase protection and vitality for heavyweight armor. The purple runes increase intuition a little and some strength. Those are kind of our weaknesses. So I doubt you should try to get purple for your cuirass or weapons, but it might be nice to upgrade your pauldrons or something. Obviously, you can also help those stats with the jewelry you acquire. And if you get purple armor, that will be even nicer.
Don't forget that you cannot upgrade green runes to purple. Only blue.

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 9:27pm

idk if these are ingame, but:

L6-10 purple rune set for HW

Vest
Shirt
Wep
Aux
Pauldron

total extra stats: Protection +46, Intuition +32, Strength +15, Vitality +59

L11+ purple rune set for HW

Vest
Shirt
Wep
Aux
Pauldron

total extra stats: Protection +57, Intuition +44, Strength +29, Vitality +105, Wisdom +42

Verdict: Looks great, I mean extra wisdom always helps if ur a HW mage, as well as extra Intuition during mid levels ( having Invulnerability and Elxir of Destruction helps to raise the intuition, provided you have other purple items such as pauldrons and boots...maybe even vests). A critting HW with massive HP in talaars..I like the sound of that:)))
Everythin is bloody boring ~~~~:bee:

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 6:27am

Hey people :) does anyone have a link on how to make these runes? I was told theres a link to tell what armors give certain types of fragments when crushed. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 5:12pm

thank you Arion so much