You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 7th 2011, 5:05pm

Ways of obtaining purple armor.

Okay, so, relatively recently, purple armor was implemented in Faeo. Since the ways are scattered, i decided to make one guide mentioning them all.
By the looks of it, ways of obtaining some items haven't been implemented yet, so feel free to add to this once they are, or if i miss anything.

Let's start from the bottom. A pair of walking shoes is needed by everyone, but the way of getting them involves a lot of gambling and luck.

http://www.warofdragons.com/info/library…p?obj=cat&id=92

Purple boots can be found in the chest event.

Helmets, the important head protection, are sold by the Gnome Spirit Merchant. For humans, he's found in graves of the poor. Magmars will have to find theirs by themselves. :beeee: Since i can't find a page with details about him (don't think one exists), i can only offer this general information: helmets cost Valuable gnome coins, wich can be found in gnome caskets. They cost about 40 coins for low levels, 50 for 6-10, and more for mages. ;) I'd post the exact prices, but alas, the gnome spirit can only be talked to after 20.00 game time (Or was it 22.00 game time?), and now is not that time. Perhaps i'll add them later. You can also trade in your blue helmet for the purple, wich makes the purple one cost a few coins less.

Cuirasses, the chest armor, are obtainable through IoU's in the "Trading journey across the seven seas" event: http://www.warofdragons.com/info/library…?obj=cat&id=117

While lv 1-5 and 6-10 cuirasses have a fixed price and limitless quantity, mage cuirasses are auctioned to the highest bidder, and there's only 1 of each per trading journey.

Purple Pauldrons (Shoulder armor) are buyable in Sheara's herself armory. It's not so simple, though: there are requirements, but not valor rank requirements, like on most armors, but reputation rating requirements. Example:
http://www.warofdragons.com/artifact_inf…artikul_id=5796
900 rep rating is a large amount, and that's a lv4 armor. You get rep rating for every reputation badge that you have. The better the colour of the badge, the more rating you get. For example, i now have 2 green badges, 1 gray and 1 purple. I have 150 reputation rating. I'd need to have 6 times more than that to buy the pauldrons. :ogo:

That's 4 pieces of armor: Shoulder (Pauldrons), feet (Boots), head (Helmets) and chest (Cuirass). Other types (Cruisses - pants; Shirts - Chainmails; Bracers - hands; and weapons/shields) either haven't been implemented, or i haven't stumbled upon them while exploring every possbile hole and place i could get to, so, like i said, feel free to add to this.
You do not quit playing computer games because youre old, you get old because you quit playing.

Monday, March 7th 2011, 5:38pm

Purple Helmets ( @ Gnome Merchant):

Valuable Gnome Coins 12 pcs or
9 pcs + lvl 5 Blue Helmet... = lvl 5 Purple Helmet

Valuable Gnome Coins 50 pcs or
40 pcs + lvl 10 Blue Helmet or
38 pcs + lvl 5 Purple Helmet... = lvl 10 Purple Helmet

Aside from that, I've heard of exchanging Ludial Chain Links 300 pcs for Purple Cuisses, but I'm not sure if that's implemented in game yet...
And I trust the very same person that you do... I trust the only person left to trust... - ME!

Monday, March 7th 2011, 9:48pm

Like totally duh!

UyarrMO Items
Obtained by killing General UyarrMO (known at least 1 case when the hat dropped from another monster). Also can be found in presents:

Artful Set Pieces
  • Cuirasses: exchanged for IOUs one can get during the Trading journey across the seven seas event.
    1800 IOUs for level 3 cuirass
    2800 IOUs for level 6 cuirass and a rank of at least champion to wear it
    level 11 cuirasses are put for an auction and you need a rank of at least a War Expert to wear them

• Cuisses: exchanged for Ludial Chain Links that one can buy from antiquarian or during the Fair of Wonders.
    140 links for level 3 cuisses
    300 links for level 6 cuisses and a rank of at least champion to wear the item
    level 11 cuisses are put for an auction and you need a rank of at least a War Expert to wear the item

• Boots: obtained from precious chests event.

• Pauldrons: armory in Sheara's location.
    To equip level 9 pauldrons you need to have at least the rank of War Marshall
    To equip level 14 pauldrons you need to have at least the rank of Lord

• Bracers: closed auction.
    To equip level 9 bracers you need to have at least the rank of War Marshall
    To equip level 14 bracers you need to have at least the rank of Lord

• Weapons: exchanged for Phosphorite Dust that can be produced from resources in the Wind Rose castle.
    612 dust for level 3 primary or auxiliary weapon/shield and 1224 for two handed
    1350 dust for level 7 primary or auxiliary weapon/shield and 2700 for two handed
    5400 dust for level 12 primary or auxiliary weapon/shield and 10800 for two handed
    To equip level 7 weapons you need to have at least the rank of Gladiator
    To equip level 12 weapons you need to have at least the rank of War Grandmaster

• Helmets: obtained from Gnome Spirit (MindFreaK's post)
    To equip level 15 helmet you need to have the rank of Lord

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 7:45pm

don't tell anyone but there's a way now to switch sets on purple items now from valor sets to non-valor sets and the other way round.
mind you it's rather expansive.. like you need blue crystal splinters to transfer a purple level 12 weapon, so you have to buy and splint blue arsenal weapons... ;)