You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "OriginalSith" started this thread

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 9:59am

Problems with client/forums/news freezing

Whenever i click on forums/news items rolling through chat and such, the client locks up solid and i have to restart client.

I've asked around and i'm not the only one experiencing this.

I need to get into the forums for wedding applications but as soon as i click on the section to see the latest, froze solid.

I'm shocked i've made it this far to even post this.

IS this a known issue already and is there a cure for this other than the usualy "clear your cache" stuff?

Sith

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 10:07am

5 tries with client - locks up each time just viewing this thread.

Browser - i'm back in to atleast post.

Some advice on fixing this please - obviously client has an issue with forums atm.

Sith - CLIENT VERSION 2.33.37

Occupation: Law School Graduate, looking to further studies and become a judge.

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 11:00am

This has already been posted a few times. Admins said they are looking into the issue. And if it doesn't freeze a 502 bad gateway usually keeps popping up for a while....

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 6:52pm

Admins my client froze a couple more times today and had to manually kill it with task manager. What shocked me was the amount of ram used. Ram usage was at an amazing 1gb. I was running out of memory. U should really check the client for memory leaks, due to bad coding maybe it's related to the forum freeze and 502 bad gateway errors. This game never used to eat up 1gb of ram. Maybe 300-500 mb at most. Pls check for a memory leak or something. This game is starting to look Like Arcania:fail 4. The so called Gothic 4 pos that had the same kind of ram usage leaks. Pls look into it, this is getting ridiculous.

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 7:12pm

there is a thread about it...I have the same problem at work but not at home....the admins said they were looking into it but nothing happened....as always....since it looks like only a few of us are having this problem, I doubt they do something about it...the problem might be on our ends....

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 7:38pm

How can it be on our ends lol ? I am not opening client again lol it freezed 3 more times trying to view this thread. The usage seems to increase quite a bit when opening tabs of news or forum and it keeps increasing till the entire system hangs. To me that is not a problem on my end lol. Considering I've played much more graphic intensive games with far smaller ram usage than this client. The fact that it reached 1 gig of ram usage worries me. IT should never go past 300-400 megs at most in big fights or stuff. Flash games are cpu intensive not ram intensive. So I suspect he lockup and everything is due to a memory leak somewhere related to forum. THat's why I would ask all people with client issues to post their ram usage right when the game freezes or dies on them. Just to help out admins in finding out what the issue is. Right now I got 130000 kb of ram usage with IE. And that is what I normally have with client if it doesn't lock up.

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 1:30am

"out of memory" comes up a bit now.

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 2:13am

This problem improves if you dont use client. Still this is a problem for months. Just gradually deteriorating.

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 8:52am

Yep I got out of memory messages and crashes aswell. At certain lines can't remember, but I seriously dont believe it matters on what lines. I might post some screens if it comes again. Anyway this really sounds like a bad memory leak. Had to close client and use IE again here to post this, btw.

Immortal Assassins  xCure [7] 

Intermediate

Monday, August 29th 2011, 4:46am

i have the same problem, my client froze many times when i try to come on forums or even see other players info
I Love the Sky with many Stars :snowball: :xmasparty: :xmastree:

Monday, August 29th 2011, 10:49am

This problem has already been reported and we are on it.

Quoted from "Fairy Tale;104974"

This server is heaven, admins are angels
:love: