You are not logged in.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:44am

Unexpected fighting penalty

Dear Admins, I recently reached lvl 10 (hurrah), and consequently am now able to wear the next piece of armour for my level. Gold being quite a hard earned commodity for me at the moment, I had bought the cheaper ringmail helmet, rather than the Dark Mountain one that matches the rest of my armour set.
I was dissappointed to discover that I wasn't getting the full benefit of wearing this, and eventually noticed that I was getting a figthing penalty (-20% to vitality) for "items of no specific fighting style". I assumed that this was because I already wear one other grey item (in this case the ringmail sword, since I don't like the DM weapon). I knew that there is something in the rules about what you can wear to the battlefields, so assumed it was part of this.
However, I have now purchased a leather helmet, and on wearing this, I do not get a fighting penalty. So I am hoping that this must be some sort of bug, and that I will get some use out of my ringmail helmet after all.
I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me.
Thanks very much for you time.
Chelle.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 5:19pm

Can you list the items you were wearing?

Quoted from "Fairy Tale;104974"

This server is heaven, admins are angels
:love:

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 5:51pm

@ Chelle.

Give the Ringmail helmet to a Heavyweight mage to insert a 10 silver heavyweight rune into it. I guarantee Your Ringmail Helmet has either a BC or Dodger mage rune in it thus making it a different combat style.

Once the heavyweight rune is in it, it will be considered heavyweight helmet and you will not lose set bonus

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 7:17pm

Thank you very much indeed. You are quite right, the hemet I have has a bonecrusher rune equipped in it. Now I understand, you are most wise my magmar friend. I will do as you say, and get the correct rune installed. Cheers :)