You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:44am

Unexpected fighting penalty

Dear Admins, I recently reached lvl 10 (hurrah), and consequently am now able to wear the next piece of armour for my level. Gold being quite a hard earned commodity for me at the moment, I had bought the cheaper ringmail helmet, rather than the Dark Mountain one that matches the rest of my armour set.
I was dissappointed to discover that I wasn't getting the full benefit of wearing this, and eventually noticed that I was getting a figthing penalty (-20% to vitality) for "items of no specific fighting style". I assumed that this was because I already wear one other grey item (in this case the ringmail sword, since I don't like the DM weapon). I knew that there is something in the rules about what you can wear to the battlefields, so assumed it was part of this.
However, I have now purchased a leather helmet, and on wearing this, I do not get a fighting penalty. So I am hoping that this must be some sort of bug, and that I will get some use out of my ringmail helmet after all.
I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me.
Thanks very much for you time.
Chelle.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 5:19pm

Can you list the items you were wearing?

Quoted from "Fairy Tale;104974"

This server is heaven, admins are angels
:love:

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 5:51pm

@ Chelle.

Give the Ringmail helmet to a Heavyweight mage to insert a 10 silver heavyweight rune into it. I guarantee Your Ringmail Helmet has either a BC or Dodger mage rune in it thus making it a different combat style.

Once the heavyweight rune is in it, it will be considered heavyweight helmet and you will not lose set bonus

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 7:17pm

Thank you very much indeed. You are quite right, the hemet I have has a bonecrusher rune equipped in it. Now I understand, you are most wise my magmar friend. I will do as you say, and get the correct rune installed. Cheers :)