You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 7:09pm

Updating Flash player in client...HOW to?

Hiyas. I been trying to update my flash in the client for the last hr or so but everytime I try it only updates my browsers flash players ( firefox, safari and explorer). After updating when I left click on any motion visual section in the client, it still shows the same old Adobe Flash version 10.

My question is how do I update the flash version in my client? Any tech guru with useful advice would be highly appreciated.
Everythin is bloody boring ~~~~:bee:

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 7:15pm

client is based on IE. If it works fine in IE, it must work just as fine in client. Try loading the page you're trying to view through IE, if there's an issue wifh flash player, there'll be a popup window that will do the updating for you, and next time you are playing via client, it will work.

If this doesn't work my only guess would be to reinstall IE and/or client.
12:11 KingPin : Strong clan lookin for slave clan plz apply to moonwalker

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 7:30pm

Thnks, I'll try it when I wake up in the morning....2am here -.-

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 1:38pm

Unfortunately I could not update my Flash player in client, even after the tips. Here is what I did:

1) First I installed the latest version of Microsoft .Net framework 4
2) Then updated the Internet explorer to 9 and updated flash to 11.
3) Ran the game in IE and then on client, but still client stays on Flash 10
4) Then finally reinstalled the client, but flash version stayed unchanged.
5) Finally downloaded the whole game again ( took me the whole day to update it) but still no use, client Flash version is still read 10.

Am I doin somethin wrong?

Monday, November 21st 2011, 2:50am

anyone....

Monday, November 21st 2011, 3:50am

Sure,

REMOVED!

WARNING, Do this at your own peril. this has NOT been tested by the devs and is not supported. if you break your client its on your own back. please dont come winging.
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Monday, November 21st 2011, 4:08am

o.o

should I or should I not?:p Is it even legal to tamper with client?

Monday, November 21st 2011, 4:20am

As stated, i really dont recommend it.

as for "tampering" with the client, no idea. i cant see why it would be against the rules
http://www.warofdragons.com/info/info/in…at&id=88&page=1

It doest state anything about it here, the closest would be.
External programs that interact with the game except for those published by the provider himself are forbidden and use of afore mentioned software is punishable with a permanent ban from the game.

and its not really an external program. but dont quote me on that one.
Better to be safe than sorry, just dont mess with the client lol
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Monday, November 21st 2011, 4:45am

http://www.warofdragons.com/info/info/in…p?obj=cat&id=10

Section 11 Subsection 4
The user is neither permitted to add elements to the client that may be required for using the games and services, nor change, delete or modify them in any other way, unless Mail.ru Games has provided its express written approval for this. In particular the user is not permitted to copy or remove graphical elements, or use them in any other way.

Section 11 subsection 5
The user is neither permitted to modify the client that may be required for using the games and services, nor restructure, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or attempt in any other way to decode the source code for the software, except when decompilation cannot be avoided for making the software operable with another software program, and he has requested the requisite information for making it operable from usbeforehand, without ourhaving made this information available.All information of this nature that wehave provided, and all information determined as a result of permissible decompilation, is only allowed to be used for the purpose described here. The user is neither permitted to divulge the stated information to a third-party, nor create another software product with it that matches the purpose of the software in key areas. We request that the user contact Technical Support
support@mailrugames.comin relation to all queries concerning information on establishing operability.

Notably
The user is neither permitted to modify the client that may be required for using the games and services
Updating/Deleting/Renaming this file may cause a breach in this terms of use.

Please do not try this without consulting Administration First

Monday, November 21st 2011, 7:11am

alright so I cant update it till them admins dun wake up :facepalm:

I hope they didnt have too mush beer sunday night, dun want them to be late on monday morning cause of hangovers :burp:

Meanwhile if anyone else have any other ideas, plox share!

Monday, November 21st 2011, 7:31am

http://warofdragons.com/info/info/index.php?obj=cat&id=86
Attention! To eliminate errors in running the client, you must also install the latest version of Flash Player. You can also try the Adobe Troubleshooting Guide.

Monday, November 21st 2011, 7:32am

mine also shows that it's still Flash 10. And I very much doubt that updatig it would help you getting rid of lags :grin:

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:16am

Harry

whenever i attack a mob, it takes about 8-10 sec before my toon loads and it doesnt matter if my response is at 300 or 1500, the time it takes for loading is almost same. Its for every single fight, so im guessing it has somethin to do with the flash.

Monday, November 21st 2011, 6:30pm

err any help from the admins is most welcome

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:23pm

Tried installing both 32 and 64-bit versions of the player. Still shows that it's the Flash-player 10. I guess it might not be possible. Although I think it might be better to ask here http://www.warofdragons.com/forum/forums…-Administration

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 3:29am

find your latest version here: C>windows>system32>Macromed>Flash........(Flash11e.ocx)copy to
....close your client first
open client directory : C>programs files>Mail ru> dragonsEn
paste Flash11e.ocx on dragonsEn
delete old one: Flash.ocx
rename Flash11e.ocx to===Flash.ocx

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 3:55am

Quoted from "lootp;120761"

find your latest version here: C>windows>system32>Macromed>Flash........(Flash11e.ocx)copy to
....close your client first
open client directory : C>programs files>Mail ru> dragonsEn
paste Flash11e.ocx on dragonsEn
delete old one: Flash.ocx
rename Flash11e.ocx to===Flash.ocx

yea but is it legit? i mean I have to tamper with the client here, and they got some explicit rules about not to do that and stuff.

SO once again need CONFIRMATION from the admins whether this method is legit or not!

cmon I know you guys are busy, but would it make the heavens split apart if you just spend a min of your precious time in replying this thread, dear admins?

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 7:57am

QQ Department

That's how I've updated my Flash Player, just as lootp recommended. I doubt that can be called a breach in Client's integrity. It's a simple update process. I've wrote to admins that it's not easy for the average user to update flash for the client, never received a decent answer. To me, it's just a display that admins don't care about the Client. And aside from that, it was them, specifically Cross Knight who advised us to update software to the very latest versions... :)

P.S.: I've made a small tool for updating Flash for Client, really silly and can't really be called a tool as it's a simple SFX archive, but worked for the players I've sent it to. You can add me on Skype if you decide you need it. Cheers!
And I trust the very same person that you do... I trust the only person left to trust... - ME!

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:14am

Quoted from "MindFreaK;120779"

QQ Department

That's how I've updated my Flash Player, just as lootp recommended. I doubt that can be called a breach in Client's integrity. It's a simple update process. I've wrote to admins that it's not easy for the average user to update flash for the client, never received a decent answer. To me, it's just a display that admins don't care about the Client. And aside from that, it was them, specifically Cross Knight who advised us to update software to the very latest versions... :)

P.S.: I've made a small tool for updating Flash for Client, really silly and can't really be called a tool as it's a simple SFX archive, but worked for the players I've sent it to. You can add me on Skype if you decide you need it. Cheers!

My thanks to you!

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:19pm

and in case you are using a 64-bit operating system the right Flash11e.ocx is located in C>Windows>SysWOW64>Macromed>Flash.

Otherwise it will give an error, because the other folder contains a 64-bit version, and the client uses a 32-bit one