You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

VAMPXIII [12] 

Pilsbury Dough Boy

• "VAMPXIII" started this thread

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 1:33am

Hunter Guide

Ladies and gentleman I present to you-

The Hunters Guide

What is the difference between valor and hunter players?:neznau:
This question is in fact the way you play. Valor is for those who wish to be part of their races army, thus fighting PvP (Player vs Player). Hunters are those who choose to play as casual relaxed civilians of feao and supply their race with items only found by killing creatures. Valor players do not like to hunt simply for the fact that they want as much valor as possible in a single level. Meaning they want as little xp (experience) as possible.

Why should "I" be a hunter?
This is a question that should be asked very early on as it is hard to go from hunter to valor. There is no right or wrong answer to this question merely a focus in the game. The main reason players hunt is for the money and drops. In the end every player will need armor and items from creatures. If you choose to be a hunter you are the life line of your race. You will sacrifice having valor armor to obtain things for the valor players who will defend your land from the opposite race.

Are there any perks as a hunter?
There sure is! As mentioned before they make the big bucks :money:. So if a drama free play style and fists full of cash is your game, you just might be a hunter.

What kind of goals does a hunter have?
There are many things like reputations, steeds, 3rd professions, killing super beings, manufacturing blue armor.

Hunter Reputations
• DoC (Destroyer of Chaos) Guide/Rewards
• Flaundin (Underwater) Guide/Rewards
• Juggernaut (Superbeing) Guide/Rewards
• HotU (Hunter of the Undead) Guide/Rewards
• RS (Relic Seeker) Guide/Rewards
• Merc. (Mercenary) Rewards

Continued in next post:dragon:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sequana" (May 24th 2017, 9:35pm)

VAMPXIII [12] 

Pilsbury Dough Boy

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 2:31am

There are many other reputations these are the basics for a hunter though. Wouldn't want me to spoil all the surprise of the game would you?:secret:

Steeds
There are many steeds in the game that require reputations. Your basic ones are the tigers and the zorbs. These can be purchased by these NPC's. They can help you in fights and reduce transfer times.:horse:
45 = Basic riding skill
5 = Basic amulet

To help get you started. You may also buy poisons to upgrade your basic steeds once you have 1000 mercenary reputation.
10 = Basic poison

3rd profession
There are 3 of the "3rd" professions, locksmith, healer, executioner. All are pretty upfront about what they do. However as a hunter there is no need for execution profession as it is only increased via injuring other players.

Killing superbeings
Bored of the normal creatures? Need a bigger challenge? These "superbeings are bigger creatures who require a bit more finesse then mindless monster killing. They come with their own special set of rewards too. This is for you find out on your own though.:rose:

Manufacturing blue armor
This is done while increasing your Hunter of the Undead. You will kill bosses in the Derelict House/Palace of Magish/Exile Fortress, as you kill the bosses you will obtain "chess pieces" complete a full set and it can be exchanged for a piece of blue armor
Overview
What chess set makes what piece

Continued in post 3.:dragon:

VAMPXIII [12] 

Pilsbury Dough Boy

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 3:29am

I'm not making alot of profit hunting what should I do?:stesn:
As with most things there is no get rich scheme. However you'll need to spend money to make money. Getting blessings and using buffs will mean you won't need as many potions and scrolls. Meaning you won't need to spend as much thus increasing your profit margin. At level 5 you will be able to access "rage" and "rainbow" This buff will increase your damage and also give monsters 1 level below your own to drop Evil Eyes. :koldun:

Eyes can be used for Brotherhood of Virtue reputation, the Bringer of Evil reputation is for the valor players as it goes with the executioner profession.

The eyes can also be sold for between 1-2 on auction.:money:

Fighting creatures a level lower than you will also increase the speed at what you kill without reducing loot and still dropping items.

Is there a way I can see what creatures drop what items?
In fact there is right here.

What about clans? Do they want hunters?:neznau:
Of course, what clan with valor players wouldn't want someone to get mob items for them?:jump: In fact they need you for a very important Clan Reputation.

Think you got it?:cool:
Remember there is much more than can be told in a simple guide. Hope this helps you get a start and happy hunting :knight1:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 10:28am

Very constructive and a positive contribution to our game. Nice work Vamp keep it up. :beer:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:37pm

very concise and explains the basics a job well done

Monday, October 1st 2012, 10:48am

:cool: very nice, thank you vamp.

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:19am

:cool: Great guide Vamp!

Friday, March 1st 2013, 5:25pm

Yes nice guide, now please, say us how make money from hunt, if we spend 12-14s for kill 1 krofford and krofford drop 12-14s

Sunday, March 3rd 2013, 3:37am

yes, you should figure the cost of potions against the drop to figure your profit. it costs me more to kill scorpions than bats or golems so that even though they drop more (at my level - it will be different for mage level) I am better off fighting golems than scorpions
I'll look that up...

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 10:44pm

That was a very good plus , thanks, even though im gonna disreguard everything said because im valor :lol: but very nice :beer::clap: i think this is so good that yvil or malle or cross kngiht shouylod actually consider adding this to the library under the "game guides" setion, this is so wonderful and very conprehensive for the newr pplayers looking for the right path to choose :beer::clap: mayu i say just very well done and consrtucted
"If something bad can happen, it will," - Muphy's Law

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 12:03am

hunting isnt an option to make profit no more,that was killed by our devs..so paypal for ya it is..:)
Sometimes i wish i was a Octopus,then i could slap 8 people at once! :peace: