You are not logged in.

Friday, February 27th 2015, 10:13am

Buy-Now button in shops: What is it for?

Weekly knowledge test:27/02- 05/03/2015

Buy-Now button in shops: What is it for? And how does it work?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • The winners will be displayed after the draw in the same poste.
  • Codes will be sent via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Mar 13th 2015, 3:55pm)

Friday, February 27th 2015, 1:15pm

"Buy Now" button is one of the options we can find for each lot in the Auction House, the other button being "Raise" (make/put a bid).

Simply put, it is a testament of the ever-present internal juggling act that balances "desire/need/want" with what's one willing to "sacrifice" to get. If the result of such calculation (can be as fast as a blink of an eye, or as slow as a level 5 aiming to max his/her red medals allowed before finally leveling up), that peeps in the biz calls "Value" is deemed justified, then they will in all likelihood fork over the cashola.

Obviously, "Time" is a major variable in the forementioned calculation. The higher one's threshold, the lower the "Value" one puts on a lot, aka the less they're willing to "Sacrifice". Vise versa.

Another variable in the calculation is "Rarity". This isn't just limited to one of the kind items. A numismatist will tell you that a high mintage but extremely popular coin beats low mintage coin that nobody wants all day, every day. If a particular item is in demand enough outstripping supply, a virtual "shortage" or rarity condition ensues. By no means the item become impossible to find. It's just that lots with "Low" and "Normal" prices are gobbled up quickly, leaving only the high priced and gouged up lots, if any at all. It's this "Fear" of missing out on a "rare" (real or virtual) yet coveted item, or fear of price inflation for waiting too long that contributes in determining "Value".

All the consideration above take us back the other option. That is what the "Raise" (make a bid) is for. This option is for those who don't mind waiting longer to get the lot, those who don't think the item is rare enough to justify the asked price of "Buy Now", even at the risk of not getting it at all, beaten by someone else who "Values" that item more than them. (I could go on and approach from Abundance Mentality vs Scarcity Mentality angle. But, let's not ;) . I'm getting way, way off topic already :P )

How does it work? "Buy Now" = instant gratification. The player receives a mail (package) with "Valuables" that can be "Removed" into his/her inventory. "Raise" = delayed satisfaction. #IF# nobody else bid on the item (#OR# use "Buy Now") #AND# the player is the highest bidder at the end of listing time, #THEN# the player receives the mail/package as stated earlier, #ELSE# the player receives a notification of having been outbid and be refunded via mail. #ENDIF#

Friday, February 27th 2015, 2:44pm

The buy now button makes you 100% sure that you'll get the item in the auction. If you raise, sometimes you get it more cheap, but someone else can overbid you and maybe you lose it.
Always the buy now button is more expensive than bid, but if it's something valuable or you need it at the moment, it's very usefull
I'm cute :D

Friday, February 27th 2015, 6:48pm

Buy-Now button in shops: What is it for? And how does it work?

Buy-Now button in shops!!!! :teacher:
If you discard an item or sell it from stash u have the chance to repurchase the 4 last item. But to do this u have only 3 hour. The price is 7 silver + the sold item(s) price. On other server discarded items cant repurchaseable!

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 6:04am

The Buy now button in shops (Not the Auction House, regular shops), enables a player to re-purchase an item that they have sold from inventory. To be able to do this, the item must have been sold within the last 3 hours. Otherwise the item is gone forever.

The buy back price is the sold item price +7s

For example, if you sell a Sweet Honeyfruit, it'll stay in the Buy now tab for 3 hours of the nearest shop. And you can purchase it for 7s1c (1c being the sell price of the item)

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 10:48am

I stand corrected. There was no "in shop" in the original post, and there was no clarification picture prior to this:

Quoted

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Yesterday, 3:52pm)
(Look at my post's and Kenhis' time stamp.)

I'd ask to have my post be removed to avoid misinformation, considering these weekly knowledge threads are basically compilation of guides. But, perhaps it's not necessary since it can be one of those "Teachable Moments" I've been hearing about. Make mine an example of how ambiguity kills, or how bad it is for 2 distinctly different actions to share the same name. "Buy-Back/Repurchase" makes much helluva more sense and than "Buy Now". These are self explanatory when used in their proper place (Shop and Auction House respectively).

Perhaps you guards/mentors have even been hearing enough about it, passed the words to Admins to make the change. But, since they always seem to have bigger crayfish to fry, nothing's been done yet. So, you decided to make *this* thread. Either to function as a real guide, or to make a point of the severity of unaddressed mistranslation can be for n00bs such as myself. (Admit it, you had the "You Just Activated My Trap Card!" meme in mind when I posted, didn't ya? :lol: ) Well played ... :wink:

Seriously though Admins: "Repurchase" or "Buy Back", aight? :thumbup:

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 4:32pm

Yes, they changed it, at first was about auctions and now shops :P

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 4:32pm

Yes, they changed it, at first was about auctions and now shops

It did not say anything at all ^^ only buy-now. No relation to auction either:) ... but actually we like to know about shop ...

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 6:58pm

Then I write again

The buy shop buttom gives to you the posibility to buy something that you sold from your inventory, maybe for error or maybe because you want it back.

The cost of buy something is the cost of the item +7s. Anyways it'll only stay in the shop for 3hs, so if you want get something back, hurry up. But also it got a limit of 4 items. You'll have the option to rebuy the last 4 items that you dropped, and got less than 3hs in the shop.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 12:47pm

The buy now button in shops is like a failsafe incase you sell something you shouldn't have.
Like fo example you wanted to click repair on the piece of armour or weapon but clicked sell instead.
You can buy back your items in a 3hour period after you have sold them.
But there is a tax - the cost of the item (the value it says on the item) + 7 silver.
Also the buy back 'stash' of items can hold a maximum of 4 items.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 8:50pm

The buy now button allows you to repurchase items you have sold but you didn't want to do it. As now things can be sold and repaired directly from your bag, it's quite easy to do it.

To repurchase, you have to go to any shop from faeo and click the last button /buy now". There you will see the item items you sold in the last 3 hours, and also only till 4 items, from the last you sold to the first one. It cost price of pieces cost to the trader more or less + 7 silver, and also while the item is with the trader, its lifetime is not frozen and it does not renew when repurchased.
Things given to other players cannot be repurchased. And also an important thing, items sold from bag on another server cannot be repurchased too.

Cheers.
Magmar Consecrator

:love1: Italian :love: Spanish :love: English :love1: