You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 8:22am

Your perfect Battlefield

Weekly knowledge test:03/07- 09/07/2015

If admins would ask you about your idea of a new Battlefield, what would it look like? Describe your perfect battlefield which ideally matches the expectation of all players and levels.

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • The winners will be displayed after the draw in the same poste.
  • Codes will be sent via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Jul 17th 2015, 9:12am)

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 8:28am

invisible GB, but levels should be equal to 10-10 .. ... 16-16, etc. for our server is a good inst I think)
only God can judge me.

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 11:11am

Since I'm playing with some wod friends another old-style FPS game as alternative when battlefields do not start...

Why not a modality like onslaught and capture the flag!?

Map should be like this:

REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY:
1. Good teamwork by using chat, support, block enemies, escape fastly
2. 10 players (humans or magmars, at your choice, queue like tallar --- disposed randomly in 5vs5 groups)
3. Range level: 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... OR IF POSSIBLE EQUALIZE EVERY LEVEL LIKE SNOW EVENT SO WE CAN GET MORE PEOPLE !!!
POINTS REQUIRED: 5 points to your team (or 1 hour timeout battlefield)

HOW TO PLAY:
Movements between locations should be like in CC style. Everyone are visible, everyone can decide if attack a magmar inside same room or escape (to reach enemy base), transfer movements normally 1:30 minutes. Transfer to team waypoints is only 30 seconds.
The goal of your team is to get the sphere from enemy base and give back to your base. There are two spheres: team A sphere and team B sphere (Those are like flags in all CtF gametype on games around all the world). The player that take the sphere cannot give sphere to another player; that player should try to escape while his team try to cover him and enemy team try to block and kill him. If that player gets attacked, he can be helped from other guys (imagine for example 5vs5 fights) and if that player die, sphere is removed from his backpack and come back to its base.
Players that hand enemy sphere on their own base gets 1 point to the team. Team who reaches 5 points or get maximum amount of points at the end of battlefield, wins.

To achieve your victory there are also altars like in Crystalline Caves:
1. Altar of Power: slows you 100%, but gives you advantages in fights, such as mage protection, more strength, agility, intuition, protection etc.
2. Altar of Speed: speeds you +100, but you lose 5 hp each 10 seconds.

VALOR REWARD:
1. Fights: like in tallar, 100% + exp to winners, 80% valor to losers.
2. For win/lose: watch CC valor rewards

SHOP:
Like caves of equals, so everyone can get fun, + attack wraiths (5 maximum).

RESTRICTIONS:
1. Impossible to use steeds, summons, card decks
2. It's possible to use amulet attacks (bought from shop).

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 12:24pm

First off, the current level system in the Ancient Plateau is obviously unfair, as higher levels easily crush lower level so grouping levels as 1-5, 6-10 definitely wouldn't work. However, groups of two levels such as 3-4, 5-6 should be working fine, and I believe that's how it currently is, so that should remain the same.

One thing that would definitely make PvP a much better experience is to ban all kinds of summons. Especially when trade fair (and hence red medallions of call) are around, I see people who just spam all kinds of summons. Any kind of summon (including mounts, wraiths etc) are just unfair and they kill all the fun. So yeah, just like Plateau, summons should be forbidden too.

As for the battle system, to make it as challenging as possible, only 3 rooms should be enough (A room like an arena where people can fight, human base and magmar base). Each base can have some sort of mob, for example a Human and Magmar guardian responding to participants' level. The goal would be to kill the enemy guardian in one hour, and keep yourself alive (Even if the guardian dies in the battle, if the team that protects the guardian wins then the battlefield won't be over). The time could be one hour. A score system could be implemented so that, for example, whenever a player of your team dies you lose 2 points and whenever your team kills someone you gain 5. So even if neither of the teams can manage to kill the other one's guardian, the winner or loser can still be determinated.

That's basically it. Have a nice day :cool:

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 4:40pm

Your Perfect Battlefield !

Well to start , thank you for this question it's very interesting to discover other players ideas , and new battlefields ideas !

In my case , i see that the main problem of the game is difficulty of "weak" players to face other fully prepared players !! So , as my personal suggestion , i think we should add a small tournament , as a battlefield , with the same concept as usual sport tournaments ! BUT , the important thing that makes my little contest special :smile: is the Armor Renting system !!

If the main problem is having full red-purple guys facing green-gray players and ruining all the fun , we can solve it with adding an Armor renting system when you enter the battlefield ! :knight:
This way no one will be afraid of ARMOR BREAKING , or having to face overpowered players ! Still , maybe some players can handle better the blue-purple armor than others ;) This battlefield shoud be a strategy building event ! :sarcastic: And a chance to take your revenge from other players ... ^^

The Tournament system is a classical one , built on a qualification system , till you reach the top !

Of course , some rewards should be gived as soon as the contest ends , i'll let admins think about what should they put for players :drink: (Think about a name too please :lol: )

And finally , Armor Renting system should be like this , for example :

Green Armor ===> 40s
Blue Armor ===> 70s
Purple Armor ===> 1.2g
Red Armor ===> 2g

This way , The gaining of Valor should be more "fair" , and give new opportunities to discover the game in a new form :teacher:

(By the way I'm very happy to be back on the forum :smoke: It has been a long time since i entred here ^^ Hope you liked my idea , it's not the final form of the idea , feel free to suggest any modification !)

Have A Nice Game , and thank you for reading my post :beer:

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 11:57pm

Simple make Equals Battlefields for all Levels.. That way things would be more fun for all and make more wanting to participate.. As they are now Pay Pallers have a hugh advantage over those that can't pay pal.
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 11:12pm

Maybe my answer isn't what admins want... But frankly I don't think admins can creat a new type of BF, and I also doubt admins have such rights...Furthermore, the current BF, crystalline cave, is very well designed, has deep strategy in it. It's a pity that nearly no any CC takes place except on surge day for high level. The main problem is the high level CC takes too many golds.

So I suggest to limit the cost for the CC. Such kind of CC can take place in an event or in schedule, in which the high cost buffs are limited or even all buffs are forbidden, the summons are limited or forbidden, even the armors are same (give players temporary same armors). And the time probably also decreases from 2 hours to 1 hour. Of course the valor decreases too. Maybe in this way can attract more players to join CC.

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 11:11pm

First of all, the best battlefield available is Crystalline Caves and always will be. It gives players an opportunity to prove themselves. They need to work together, make strategy and always be prepared for changing situations. Despite hard work, it gives a lot of joy and pleases a lot of players.

Although the Crystalline Caves are the best battlefield I tried to think of other battlefield that could be added to game.
I called it “The Maze

Btw. Week is definitely not enough to make a good project so I would say that this is pre-alpha version

In this battlefield would participate 8 magmars and 8 humans. The Map would look like this: (+link: Map)

On the outer shell would be bases for magmars and humans. Every player would start with 15 summon crystals (like in the temple) and 5 maze coins. The respawn of the player would be totally random and after death they would respawn in different base then before (1 player in 1 base, never more)

Goal of every player would be to get to the purple location (center of the map) and hand in every maze coin, but everytime you hand in 1 coin you respawn in the base.

Some more rules:
- From bases you can only travel using yellow paths
- From dark yellow framed locations you can only travel using green paths
- From green framed locations you can only travel using blue paths
- From blue framed locations you can only travel using purple paths
- Yep, this means you cannot come back to the previous location
- To travel from base to 1st location you have to wait 40 sec
- To travel from 1st to 2nd location you have to wait 1 min
- To travel from 2nd to 3rd location you have to wait 1,5 min
- To travel from 3rd to 4th location you have to wait 2,5 min
- To hand in maze coins in the 4th location you have to wait 3,5 min
- You cannot speed up the movement time
- Every time you lose the fight you lose 1 coin
- To win your team has to hand in 15 coins or make the opponent team lose 26 coins
- When you lose all your coins you can respawn only once.
- Fights can take place everywhere except bases
- There is no cap for people in the fight, so could be 8 vs 1 in last location
- Draw is not possible
- Mounts and summons uses summons crystals

This is all I got right now and one week is really not enough to make a full project of good bf.
Please don’t reward me with gift or I may kill someone :lol: