You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 9:51am

Heavyweight Underpowered?

Hi. Not that Dodger being OP hurts me(And I have no idea if it is OP or not), I am more of a PvE guy, but it seems quite unbalanced. Not in terms of power, but in terms of choice of style players prefer. First of all, Heavyweight style is neither used for hunt nor PvP. Which in turn hurts Bonecruhers because they cannot fight against the style that they have advantage. All they have to face is themselves or Dodgers.
Secondly: Punishment arrows. No need to explain this actually. It is the pain in the a** for those who crit a lot. Long story short, I need players need some encouragement to use Heavyweight set after lvl 16.
P.S My argument is not about which set is stronger. It is about the balance between choice of style.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 10:20am

Really, level 16 and havnt learned the simple mechanics of the game.

BC > HW
HW > DGR
DGR > BC

and for you programmers

PlayerStyle my PlayerStyle = PlyaerStyle.HeavyWeight;
Switch (PlayerStyle)
{
case (PlayserStyle.BoneCrusher) : { System.Windows.MessageBox.Show("You Have Probably Lost","Haha",System.Windows.MessageBox.MessageBoxButton.Ok, System.Windows,MessageBox.MessageBoxImage.Hand); , Break; }
case (PlayserStyle.HeavyWeight) : { System.Windows.MessageBox.Show("Even Stevens, Good Luck Warriorr","Go For Gold",System.Windows.MessageBox.MessageBoxButton.Ok, System.Windows,MessageBox.MessageBoxImage.Hand); , Break; }
case (PlayserStyle.Dodger) : { System.Windows.MessageBox.Show("You Got This Travis, BOOM!","KILL KILL KILL",System.Windows.MessageBox.MessageBoxButton.Ok, System.Windows,MessageBox.MessageBoxImage.Exclamation); , Break; }
)
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 11:00am

:lol: wb
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 11:03am

For those who understand the thread as "TheShadowOne" did:
BC > HW
HW > DGR
DGR > BC
here is what you wrote. What if you get HW out of equation which seems totally legit since there is no single HW in lvl 16. It becomes just

DGR>BC

Here you go!

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 2:25pm

Well you have 1 lvl16 HW atleast - http://warofdragons.com/user_info.php?nick=Amdis

But yeah HW really takes a drop off at lvl16. You would think with so much dodgers it would have atleast a little niche. However i think maybe the structure of vaults play a factor. You can use Ziccurat to switch and take any set in there if im not mistaken. Being as how hunting takes up 90% of our time then it makes little sense to maintain an armor that performs the worse in that regard. Plus the proliferation of red armor for regular non-battlefield combat kinda negates one of the greatest advantage of HW. Its HP. I had a lvl13 red unbuffed BC with around same HP as my lvl12 unbuffed HW. So very little appeal to HW. Still a very cool set for PVP imo.

PS. Just curious. If a lvl16 HW blocks an aura hit do they still take additional dmg from the magic?

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 2:36pm

"PS. Just curious. If a lvl16 HW blocks an aura hit do they still take additional dmg from the magic?"

Yes the glaze still hits even if you block the physical hit.

Since glaze does damage based on wisdom/strength, heavywight does about 80-100 damage physical, and 60-70 damage with glaze. That's 140-170 damage per hit. This equates to damage of lvl 10 BC/dodger

BC does about 160-180 physical, and 120-140 glaze...so total damage 280-320 per hit, + great chance to crit with either glaze or physical.

Don't have much experience with dodger, but I think about 300-340 per hit phys/glaze.

And these are just my stats..people with runes/lvl 16 armors do ALOT more damage per hit

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 2:35am

@Da Nerminator

Thanks for the info.

Guess i can see why dodger so popular given the ability to totally dodge both hits.

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 9:37am

@Da Nerminator

Thanks for the info.

Guess i can see why dodger so popular given the ability to totally dodge both hits.

I dont know how it works for mages, but when i was attacked by fier, I dodges his main phisical, but the magic after damage still hit. But yea, at igh levels, being able to possible dodge one is great

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 2:04pm

@Underworld

Sorry. Assumed dodged would neutralize both like it sorta does with stuns. Good to know that the magic cant be avoided even by that set :)

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 5:33pm

The Glaze is like a magical case. So you can dodge/block the physical hit but magical cast cannot be dodged/blocked.

Only way to not get hit by both attacks is to dodge/block physical and he misses/blunders with glaze.

Moral of this: Most mages fight in block with glaze on. Opponent in block and you in block as heavyweight only do 20-30 glaze damage

Friday, August 7th 2015, 9:20am

If you wanna see me as Heavyweight :)
Just buy me a full purple set - I already have 3 pcs.

If someone is willing - I will be a full purple tank :D with pleasure :D

But until someone actually balance sets to be equal - no point to wear tank - cause bone kill you fast, dodgers ALSO kill you :D (vaults excluded - tank there is almost balanced :D cause arrows works on dodgers :D )
From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.

Friday, August 7th 2015, 1:29pm

From what I've seen, HW is very much underpowered. Rather than the old rock paper scissors style it now is:
dodger > BC
BC > HW
dodger > HW

Unless a HW player goes to support another player in a fight, the set is not very useful I've found. In cave of equals/arena of equals the full purple set does seem to do be a bit better, but it is still very easy to kill a HW with a dodger set. If the old stun system were to be restored (where HW does more than just 1 stun) i think it would balance the set a lot more

Friday, August 7th 2015, 4:12pm

HW is going to erase.

Only with Dodger we could win, now, it is impossible.

It is very simple, all the people is buying dodger set, why??

Return stuns to HW or HW is dead.

XANT

Friday, August 7th 2015, 4:27pm

hope with update admins insert strengthening for HW and Bc for now is very hard compete with dodger

Friday, August 7th 2015, 4:46pm

heavyweights have the best "luck" with stuns and you can earn much more gold,because more lp=less exp

in pvp lvl16 is dodger only the best,because much of times hit only the second kick

a verry good method are the mage-scrolls of weakness :teacher:
Pilek is dead :thumbsup:

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 2:56am

@Pilek

More dmg also reduces your exp gain. Plus with exp statues conserving that stat has been rendered redundant. All that matters for earning is killing the most mobs in the time your buffs last. In that regard BC > DG > HW.

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 10:41am

If you wanna see me as Heavyweight :)
Just buy me a full purple set - I already have 3 pcs.

If someone is willing - I will be a full purple tank :D with pleasure :D

But until someone actually balance sets to be equal - no point to wear tank - cause bone kill you fast, dodgers ALSO kill you :D (vaults excluded - tank there is almost balanced :D cause arrows works on dodgers :D )
Hope you can complete your purple HW set. I would love to watch someone with powerful HW set to see what it is actually capable of.

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 12:02pm

HW losing because of its low damage. Thats why too many people choose BC and DGR. And because of that is the cpeast set from the first day. HW is a waste.
:dance: EVERDAY I'M CHAPPULÄ°NG :dance:

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 2:00pm

HW casting stun not affective anymore? ?(
what is the definition of insanity? :glance:

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 2:16pm

HW casting stun not affective anymore? ?(

singular stun now, not 3 - 4 consecutive stuns.