You are not logged in.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:20pm

What is a NPC?

Weekly knowledge test:22/01-28/01/2016

What is a NPC? And what is the purpose of NPCs? Which one is favourite and why?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Feb 26th 2016, 3:52pm)

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 8:05pm

NPC stands for Non-Player Character.

The purpose of NPC's is to give player quest, direct/transport a player to some location (like the navigator Luran/Vezur at gryphon/wyvern crossing who give you acces to the places beyong the castles), they run most shops in which you buy items. Example - charm dispersal scrolls you can buy going to Shiko the paladin's shop.

My favourite NPC is Juminja because she gives free BoE bless once a week.

My least favourite is the Pandrikk the Wise since he cant find anything usefull in papers for such a long time I am considering to give him a new pair of glasses ,or better yet a telescope because he may be blind. :D

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 9:05pm

An NPC is a character controlled by the PC, which gives you quests. They can be changing resources quests, daily quests, hunting quest, etc.
Some of the NPC are the leaders from diferent reputations.

My favourite one is torgor. He doesn't have much special things, I just like him because he's on a crion zorb :lol:
I also like the arsenal keeper because I like UK rep :P
I'm cute :D

Saturday, January 23rd 2016, 12:16pm

NPC is Non-Player Character.

The purpouse of NPC characters is to take a participation in quests or reputations, also some take action during events.

My favourite NPC is Maeli the Mermaid. I like the marsh mermaid because she is charming and cold, but if she doesn't like you she can drive you to insanity just by looking into your eyes.
Naaah, not really. I mostly like her coz she look sexy :lol: :drink: And yep, she is my fav NPC
:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

Monday, January 25th 2016, 3:36am

NPC = non-person character, or non-playable character

It is any character that is not controlled by a player in a game. According this definition, monster (or mob as we usually call in an MMO game) is NPC too. But normally we separate them. (But in some game, you can attack any NPC and you can talk with monsters when you have good faction with them, you can't really separate them, so all are NPC. Of course, not the case in WoD.)

The purpose of NPCs is to make up a game world. They can talk with you, tell you infomation or stories about the game world, give you quest and reputation, give you access to their personal shop, etc.

My most favourite NPC is, definitely Sheara. Sheara is the god and in charge and taking care of this world, so everybody loves her. Ask me why? How dare you even ask that? :lol: (BTW, I see her for many times per day, I guess that's one of the reasons too, :lol:)