You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 8th 2016, 5:53pm

Scroll of Crushing

Weekly knowledge test:08/04-28/04/2016

Up to how many fragments does one scroll of crushing give? What is the lowest amount? Is there a difference in success depending on colour and durability of item you destroy?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (May 6th 2016, 8:39am)

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 1:27am

Up to how many fragments does one scroll of crushing give? What is the lowest amount? Is there a difference in success depending on colour and durability of item you destroy?

I referenced the mentor dclans site for help because I have never used a scroll of crushing and wasn't positive of all the right answers.

Minimum/Maximum:
Fragments from scrolls of crushing are determined in somewhat the same way as crystals from scrolls of destruction but it's slightly more complex. The minimum and maximum amount of fragments produced by one scroll depends on four things - the item's level, color, type of armor and durability. The minimum is always 1/3 of the maximum amount. So for example, a level 3 grey item (boots or shirt/chainmail) can make between 8 and 24 fragments when crushed. A level 3 blue item can make between 61 and 183 fragments when crushed. A level 5 item (helmet) can yield 56 to 168 fragments if green. A level 5 blue helmet yields 150 to 450 fragments.

The highest amount I could see so far in the game since our highest level of player is 18 is from a blue level 15 helmet . You can crush 372 bits out of one of those if its durability is full strength. I hope to someday be chosen by the gods and thus permitted to purchase a 74g call of courage helmet which will eventually yield 372 fragments too.

The lowest amount possible is 8 Slate Flickering Fragments from a either a grey level 3 shirt or boots .

Color:
All grey armor yields Flickering fragments. All green armor makes Sparkling fragments. All blue armor makes Shining fragments. But each type of armor makes a different type of fragment. For example, a grey helmet yields Scarlet Flickering Fragments and a grey weapon makes Crimson Flickering Fragments and so on. Purple and red don't exist on this server yet and probably will later.

Durability:
The number of fragments you receive when using a scroll of crushing is in direct proportion to the durability of the item. Higher durability gives you closer to the maximum and lower gives you less. So items from chess sets give you fewer fragments. Items that are worn and have been repaired many times give you fewer. Crushing a perfect, full strength item would give you the maximum number of fragments possible for its class.

Other references, pretty tables:I recommend looking at the tables on the dwar mentor website page about these fragments . Our COM mentors also have a good page with these tables and other fragment info. I prefer the dwar site though because the COM site has not been updated recently and does not include armor that is lvl 16 or higher. I also think the tables' layouts are easier to follow on the dwar site.