You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 12th 2017, 5:11am

Rare Items for "Special" Price

For future reference, can we actually have discounted prices on all the items in the resource fair? Many of the items are either at or higher than auction prices.

Quick and simple economics:
1) If prices are above auction prices, no one will buy from fair.
2) If prices are at auction prices, only a few will buy from fair. However, this introduces more of these into the market, decreasing their auction price (supply and demand).

Only reason someone would buy at or above auction prices is if the item is untradable or the item rarely shows up on auction.

Friday, May 12th 2017, 1:42pm

I always wonder the basis of pricing in fairs.

Does anyone really buys the items which are freely available? i am not referring to the items which are in normal case not available in the auction.

It is very high time to relook at the prices and items offered in these resource fairs.

Friday, May 12th 2017, 1:56pm

there you go, but auctions are different for mag and hum, prices are not the same, but more than that....

ignore that event if is not good for you :)

you never got something coming here complaining
404 not found

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Friday, May 12th 2017, 3:06pm

I always wonder the basis of pricing in fairs.

Does anyone really buys the items which are freely available? i am not referring to the items which are in normal case not available in the auction.

It is very high time to relook at the prices and items offered in these resource fairs.

I see your point,I think you're right up to some point,however,here is my point:
I'd rather buy from the resource fair than the players who think they're for some reason in a higher place/status/position than me. Look at the auction and see the eyes' prices,nobody sells for cheap,then take a look at the exchange,there is always at least 20/30 silver difference between them. Always. And those guys who sell resources for like hell of a high price/buy for hell of a cheap price will come to you one day and they will be like "Hey,wanna buy sth from/sell sth to me? This is the best price ever,for example I can sell you an encased china pawn for 10000 golds and buy them from you for 1 copper,you'll never find this kind of deal anywhere,buy/sell while you can!" (The prices mentioned here are exaggerated and are used to point out how ridiculous the offered prices are/strengthen the meaning of what is being said.)

That's why I only sell to/buy from friends and people who are close to me as well as the resource fair. If I learned anything from this game,it's to do business with the house (game) and the people who are close to you.

That's my 50 Cent on the topic.

It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Friday, May 12th 2017, 3:12pm

For future reference, can we actually have discounted prices on all the items in the resource fair? Many of the items are either at or higher than auction prices.

Quick and simple economics:
1) If prices are above auction prices, no one will buy from fair.
2) If prices are at auction prices, only a few will buy from fair. However, this introduces more of these into the market, decreasing their auction price (supply and demand).

Only reason someone would buy at or above auction prices is if the item is untradable or the item rarely shows up on auction.
So it's a kind of a vicious circle situation,just like Sparks,nobody buys Sparks because thanks to Sparks a lot of resources are sold for less prices,if admins removed sparks from game,the resources' prices would go higher and people would want sparks,but then again they wouldn't buy sparks anyway because the prices would go low again.

Same thing here,if this event is gone,prices will rise,auction prices are lower than before because this event comes here every once in a while (No,not only this event,there are other factors just like Spark of the Heavenly Fires,thank you for your understanding everyone).

Also a moment of silence for our fallen brother,2.5g Valuable Gnome Coin...

There is one other reason I buy from resource fair,but I have already mentioned it in the post before this one.

Cheers.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Friday, May 12th 2017, 3:38pm

I'd rather buy from the resource fair than the players who think they're for some reason in a higher place/status/position than me. Look at the auction and see the eyes' prices,nobody sells for cheap,then take a look at the exchange,there is always at least 20/30 silver difference between them. Always. And those guys who sell resources for like hell of a high price/buy for hell of a cheap price will come to you one day and they will be like "Hey,wanna buy sth from/sell sth to me? This is the best price ever,for example I can sell you an encased china pawn for 10000 golds and buy them from you for 1 copper,you'll never find this kind of deal anywhere,buy/sell while you can!" (The prices mentioned here are exaggerated and are used to point out how ridiculous the offered prices are/strengthen the meaning of what is being said.)

Current price of cuckoo: 40/50s....
On this event are at 50s great pack....
Than suddenly this guy come out:

18:06 XXXX » DeCrypt: Cuckoo Flowers
18:06 XXXX » DeCrypt: i sell 1=60s
18:07 You have attacked XXXX [6] .
18:07 XXXX » DeCrypt: shy ?

eeehhhhh.... he's lv 6, yeah... I don't care... this is how I answer to these dealers. ok?
404 not found

-MED- [20] 

Professional

• "-MED-" has been banned

Friday, May 12th 2017, 3:53pm

Such event good to buy things with higher prices but without overbidding games on auction. In case you want to get it cheaper as its been before event - just wait for week or few week and it will back to normal prices. Personally i see how people buy purple shadows for 3g per 1pcs from auction,they don't suffer with prices on event shop - 3.5g per 1pcs ^_^

Friday, May 12th 2017, 4:20pm

Current price of cuckoo: 40/50s....
On this event are at 50s great pack....
Than suddenly this guy come out:

18:06 XXXX » DeCrypt: Cuckoo Flowers
18:06 XXXX » DeCrypt: i sell 1=60s
18:07 You have attacked XXXX [6] .
18:07 XXXX » DeCrypt: shy ?

eeehhhhh.... he's lv 6, yeah... I don't care... this is how I answer to these dealers. ok?
That's a kind of a solution,at least for you personally,hopefully that person will never try to sell you something with higher price than auction and/or fair anymore. :lol:

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 2:14am

I might be misunderstood here, but I was mainly making the point that if an event says there are "special" prices, and the prices are the same as normal auction prices, then there is nothing special to it. It's just another place to buy resources for a few days.

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 8:58am

See,that's where it gets stuck. Those are special prices,but thanks to the special prices in this event,everyone buys/sells for that special price or lower than that,now if this event was gone,the "lower than special prices" would be higher than special prices for the lack of existence of the special price itself. I wouldn't think admins would change the prices just because of this (or maybe they will,who knows :wink: ),however,if you would like,you can think of this event as an event in which you can buy a lot of items for a price directly instead of hunting and/or searching for them.

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 10:49pm

I might be misunderstood here, but I was mainly making the point that if an event says there are "special" prices, and the prices are the same as normal auction prices, then there is nothing special to it. It's just another place to buy resources for a few days.

The prices are special. They are the reason why you have such lower prices on AH nowadays. The fair allows people to get items they want much quicker. Leading to less demand and less competition for items gotten regularly.

If they keep dropping the price to match EXCHANGE then you keep pushing them down further and further each time. Instead of thinking of special price think of this fair as special volumnes. There are certain rep items you could never get as quickly normally without this fair.

Monday, May 15th 2017, 12:35pm

The prices are special. They are the reason why you have such lower prices on AH nowadays. The fair allows people to get items they want much quicker. Leading to less demand and less competition for items gotten regularly.

If they keep dropping the price to match EXCHANGE then you keep pushing them down further and further each time. Instead of thinking of special price think of this fair as special volumnes. There are certain rep items you could never get as quickly normally without this fair.