You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 8:20am

Your advice

Weekly knowledge test: 01/06/17-08/06/2017

Game has changed a lot in past years. What would be your advice in playing the game to new players? How would you attract new players to the game without spending a penny?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Jun 30th 2017, 3:32pm)

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 10:50am

Nowadays almost all popular games are, well, popular mostly because of youtube. All the streams, commentary, walkthroughs, etc.. you get my point. That is a way of finding a game and showing it what it is like and possibly drawing people to play..

Basicly, promoting it through various popular sites like youtube, facebook and others (I don't know what is used).

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 12:29pm

I would advise people to try and explore the game as much as they can; but not get stuck too much. The game has received lots and lots of content over the years so there's so many things to do and farm, but if you are playing just for fun (like me) there's no need to try to do everything at level 3 and getting stuck there for years trying to get all purple armor, especially since things will be much, much easier on higher levels.

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 7:10am

What would be your advice in playing the game to new players?
read guide :) while checking ah and pick to make cash in game :money:
http://warofdragons.com/forum/index.php?…&threadID=30600

check Mentor site, find what you like to achieve:
http://mentor.dclans.ru/new/
https://sites.google.com/site/info4wod/Main

How would you attract new players to the game without spending a penny?
make it Android able :thumbup:
hi let's meet in game and have some fun :]
please use Font size > 10 for better reading

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 7:42am

Develop mobilephone app will attract more :drink: .

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:32am

Considering that I stopped playing for 6 years and then came back, I may as well be a new player, so I believe I have at least some knowledge to give.
1. Focus on your character - a lot of lower levels want a mount for naked hunting to get money and staying at that level for valour. This isn't a bad idea, but it also slows you down. There is a set amount of valour you can get at lower levels and the amount of silver/copper dropped per monster is low, when in the same amount of time at a higher level, you can get way more per fight.
2. Learn to love crystals of truth - back when I was first playing, these things didn't exist. In addition to the first point, they can give you a permanent boost to your attributes through talents. While this isn't as much of a big deal when you are level 15 or something, they can make a huge difference in the lower levels.
3. Tablets and seals are your friend - following on from the above two points, focus on getting tablets for your character and later on when you get one, your shadow. These things cost quite a bit, but once again, they give you a permanent boost to your character.
4. Get a solid mount - after you've gotten your character to a decent point, in other words, maxed out on tablets and talents (or as much as you can be bothered) focus on getting a nice mount. The easiest one to go for are the city rep mounts (tigers or zorbs), but the chaos fighter mounts only require a rep of 3000 and become a very viable option at the mid range levels 6-8. It is hard to kill all those gungls and equally hard to feed jakarals, given they rely on you having a steady supply of chaos particles, but they are true beasts in PvP fights.
5. Valour - valour is only important if you don't want to fork out gold (or for bragging rights). The very minor difference between valour based purple armour and non-valour based purple armour is negligible and if you followed points 1-3, it won't make much of an impact.
6. Get a solid group of friends/clan - eventually, you will need resources outside your profession or other services, so it helps to have a group of people you can trade favours for and helps speed up waiting times for things, such as getting a certain resource or being healed.
7. Reputations - not as big of an issue at lower levels, but around the mid-level range, you will really want Great Dragon rep and God/Goddess rep, as they can tilt any fight, PvP or otherwise, into your favour.
8. Pets - lastly, look into getting a pet. Pet food drops fairly often, to the point that if you don't use your pet for every fight and save it for PvP, or rainbow/vertisda's rage runs, you will likely never need to buy any. They are a nice feature, which, if trained up after a while, can serve as a nifty boost in fights.

Monday, June 5th 2017, 7:53pm

Make some intersting fight events for new player, even PVP are welcome to them.
Trial pack of each Armor from Leather to blue, Trial period are even in hours, it will attract them.

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 2:17am

Focus and achieve 1 goal at a time, dont try and spread your time too thin especially if your limited int he amount of play you can do,
Give yourself a realistic goal you can acheive every day, like banking so much money, picking so much for a reputation or to make/sell, Getting so much reputation such as chaos or Shadow Cacther(11+)
If you give yourself small goals you achieve int he long run you will reap all the benefits.

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 6:21am

Since i come back a few months ago, the game has change a lot. My advice would be, do whatever path you like! nowdays, people can hunt all the way to lvl 10 or 11 then do valor, then reps.. or you can be like the old school type, where you play and grind slowly. The choice is yours, whatever you choose, just make sure you stick to it. Patience is virtue.

As for how to promote the game without spending any pennies, is mouth to mouth advertisement.. If your in game player is happy, the words will be spread :) nothing is cheaper then that

Thanks

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 11:53am

Advices depends on player personal targets

-If your goal is to get valor and fight in pvp : you probably will stall the levels quite a bit in order to get money to buy better equip, gain new item for pvp etc. but personally i advice you to rush the first levels, with the money got from it buy a blue non valor set and start to do valor at level 7,8 or more because nowdays level 3,4,5,6 are full of people who stalled for many years and for new player i think they will have more chance and probably more pvp expierence to fight with level 7,8 or more people, hoping not met someone who stalled 7,8 many years :lol:

-If your goal is to enjoy the game and don't get in trouble with expierence, levels, valor you can do what ever you want : the game itself contains a load of quests, a lot to explore.
P.S. Is still preferable to get blue equip for your game journey, it will help a lot during quests, monster hunt or in case get attacked from other race :knight:
Don't be jelous of others, try to care about yours, only after that you will understand what you really have. P.S. Is very very very hard :cry: but i will try my best :peace: :beer: