You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Heavenleigh" started this thread

Thursday, December 21st 2017, 6:36pm

What has happened to our human guard population and is there plans to replenish it?

So, I'm a forum noob cuz I dont often have a lot to say as far as game things go, I just like to play but I believe this is something that needs to be addressed. In the last few weeks I have had many players come to me with various issues (divorce, marriage applications, reporting of bogus characters etc.) that I have given the same answer to, "you have to contact a guard", and I have been subjected to the same reply every time. That reply being "there is none or there is never one online". After a couple weeks of this I took it upon myself to come check out why this was. I checked the human guards, which we have one active and two semi active guards for our side of the pond. After that I took a look through the forum to see if there was just a lack of interest in the position or what and to my surprise there seems to be a great interest by players to serve the game in the respected position of guard. Some I know personally and some I dont but it seems these applications are just going unresponded to. This puzzles me and I would like admins to explain to not only me but the human community, as to why our guard clan is basically empty and non existent and why these apps are being neglected. I know that the choice is not mine and humbly respect the authority in the game, but I see several apps of good, honest, law abiding players whose apps are being neglected. We have a saying where I'm from and that is "See a need, fill a need" well we need active, honest human guards and since we cant choose them ourselves we rely on admins and such to take care of these needs.. . so let's do it! Lets populate our human guard clan with some of these great players so the human players can find one when needed.
Respectfully yours,
Heaven
"Love fiercely, laugh often, live fearlessly"

Thursday, December 21st 2017, 7:29pm

what has happened is simple, the guard work is pretty much another job that you willingly walk into... I have been hesitant for years before I gave it a try and I quit after a few weeks because it's exactly how I expected to be, a lot of time invested, a lot of BS you have to deal with and at the end of the day you're still not satisfied with your results because you have no control. It's like being a private detective going after the columbian drug cartel. At one point you just give up... about new guards, I have stated this in dozens of posts before, for guards to become an efficient tool and actually help administration they have to become company employees and not picked up from our population of characters playing this game.
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Thursday, December 21st 2017, 7:38pm

"I have stated this in dozens of posts before, for guards to become an efficient tool and actually help administration they have to become company employees and not picked up from our population of characters playing this game. "

This would solve lots of, lots of problems if guards were not a casual players, but people employed by my.com, most of all corruption and abuse of powers would be gone with a big degree, because they wouldn't really care about earning anything in game and just do their job.
This is unlikely to happen, but I very much agree with the statement

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 9:21am

what someone calls "abuse of power" is actually having many proofs that the player knows, but he denies in front of everyone to avoid the figure of the cheater. Nobody earns with the jail of others.

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 10:05am

I'll never return to Guards but I know they do a LOT of work in gam out of their own time, to support the players in the game who don't abuse rules and regulations.
They aren't compensated nearly enough for the work they do (in my opinion) but when they're working on complicated cases involving many characters, it's very satisfying when they get a result.
I hope Human Guards get back to their full strength soon though. But it'd take a very patient group of players to do a good job.
Good luck guys ^_^

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 1:53pm

what someone calls "abuse of power" is actually having many proofs that the player knows, but he denies in front of everyone to avoid the figure of the cheater. Nobody earns with the jail of others.

Guards can "abuse power" not only by jailing someone. If you don't know about such abuse, it's only better for you :)

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 4:14pm

"Guards can "abuse power" not only by jailing someone. If you don't know about such abuse, it's only better for you "

I dont know abuses, If you know about, can talk with the admin. If you're not sure then it's just talk: it's dishonesty also to speak in vain. And for me the dishonesty must not be tolerated!!

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 5:36pm

The abuse I am referring to is known widely, yet is not able to track ^^

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 8:12pm

I dont know abuses, If you know about, can talk with the admin. If you're not sure then it's just talk: it's dishonesty also to speak in vain. And for me the dishonesty must not be tolerated!!
I dont know if I'm missing something here but... this abuse of power is the reason the human guard clan got "disbanded" and rebuild from scratch a while ago isn't it, you should remember that happening.

Nobody is saying all guards are corrupt, just that with great power comes great responsibility that some have used for personal gain. And all that would be eliviated by making the guard players have no interest in personal gain, of course I dont really think thats a viable option for a game that took nearly a decade to employ someone in community management...

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 8:37pm

It has been said for many years all Guards and Mentors should be non players in the game..... That saves anyone being accused of abuse of Power here.... Sadly that will never happen that they Hire people from the outside to do the Jobs....
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Lisad [20] 

EX Community Manager

Monday, December 25th 2017, 10:14am

All Guards activity is being closely monitored and consulted with Administration. If you wish to apply to Human guards, please use the following thread: Human Guard Applications .

If you are unhappy with a Guard's performance, please use the relevant forums section or contact administration.

This thread will now be closed.
Regards,
Lisad | Community Manager