You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 3:26am

Healer Experience

I don't get why you do not gain healing experience if you cast heal upon yourself yet you do for healing someone else.
This is not an easy profession to lvl up, and it costs to heal yourself just the same as someone else. Healing yourself is 100% the same as healing someone else so why no experience for healing yourself? This makes no sense at all.
Would be great if this could gain experience as well.

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 5:39am

Because you can attack a monster naked and die hundred and hundred times, get many hours wounds and heal yourself and get to next level of healing profession very fast, but it's not supposed to be that easy.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 11:14am

Because every profession needs balance.

For example, executioners will not receive executioner skill from people who are 4 levels below them, or the locksmiths (as I don't know how their profession works, I'll go ahead and assume) who have let's say 200 profession skill will not receive any +1 from chests that require 10 skill to open. Even if they do, there's a chance for their professional items to get broken which costs them more and more money.

But for some reason, healers will still get healer experience if their skill is level 5 and they heal level 1 injury.
Plus, it's easy to do, all you have to do is to stack up some healing scrolls (30 golds worth of scrolls/1k scrolls from level 1 to 2) and then go on a healing spree, you don't want that? Then you can simply tell people to bring their own scrolls.

if you could receive experience by healing yourself, it would be way too broken since healer profession is not about selfish outcomes, it's about helping others, wether you ask for a payment in return or not.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 3:44pm

Your arguement is a little flawed, even if you was to gain the injuries on purpose, it is still great cost to raise the skill lvl. Yes you could raise it faster, but you still have to have the gold to buy the scrolls, its not like a self heal has no cost.
You also miss the benefit of having that lvl raised, this then allows you to heal not only yourself but also others with higher lvl injures...... something that is currently lacking in game is high lvl healers. Ask yourself why they are lacking? the cost is high and those willing to raise cant gain the skill xp needed.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 4:50pm

Well, I'll assume your answer was directed at me, thank you for that. I love to exchange ideas.

What you have mentioned could have multiple reasons. First and the most important one is that people don't want to waste their time with healer profession, it's literally a waste of time. Anyone can just join a tallaar's halls after reaching level 7 and increase their executioner profession with ease, but such thing is not possible for healers. They will have to wait for people who have injuries yet one has to be either the target of someone (like an executioner who often comes to their land and executes him to get levels) or has to be very clumsy so he/she dies to mobs over and over again to get injuries. The only people who have injuries all the time are naked hunters and thx to the cuisses bezels, they mostly get level 1 and sometimes level 2 injuries.

It's hard to increase it, yes, but it's not expensive nor is the cost high, not on any occasion. Because since it's a service, you can just tell people to buy their scrolls themvelves or charge them when healing them. By little to no loss of money, you can increase your healer skill fast. The only problem here is to find people with injuries.

Yes, I agree with you on the point of healers not healing themselves but healing others as well. Then again it's a quote unquote productive profession, not a destructive one. The goal of executioner is to give injuries but the goal of locksmiths and healers is to help people.

So in conclusion: It's a logical balance.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Tuesday, January 23rd 2018, 3:10am

Be nice and heal other people, this is the brotherhood of VIRTUE :P