You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:56am

It should stay. This server has had enough of bullies killing low levels just because they have nothing interesting in life to do other than log in and turn others' games into living hell.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 10:54am

Benefits of the current rule: It protects low level players from raids of high level players.
Problems of the current rule: It is overly complicated and leaves too much room for interpretation.

My suggestion for an updated rule:

1. The rule:
Attacking a player of more than 3 levels below yours in a location belonging to that players race is prohibited by the game. It will simply give an error message telling you you need 2.

2. Case of provocation:
Should you be provoked by another player (regardless of race) you may contact a guard within 48h with (if necessary) screenshots/links. The guard will assess the situation and give you an item called "Proof of provocation" which will act similar to an executioner scroll (but only works on the player in question) and allows you to bypass 1. The item will have a 7 day lifepsan, cannot be frozen and has 1 use. You are not allowed to contact different guards to recieve multiple proofs for the same action.

Examples of provocative actions: Mirrors, Chains, Hexes, etc. as well as direct insults towards you via chat and/or gifts.

3. Help in combat:
Aiding a player, who was attacked by a player of his/her own race, is not affected by this rule.

4. Executioners:
An executioner who recieves an order on a player may contact a guard according to 2. . The order will act as a replacement for a provocation and the exeuctioner will be able to do his/her work.
Note: As with the current rule an executioner may only take orders for members of his/her own race.

Additional note regarding screenshots: It should be visible when the provocative action has taken place.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 11:31am

True this is war game, but if enemy dont have any victory chance this attack not fight or war only killing and not honorable behavior.

if need all time win we will go hunt and all time win, so boring

This is game i think it sould be fun

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 11:38am

It really doesn't make sense that there isn't a third vote for changing how the rule is managed in regards to everyone elses opinion that it fits at least somewhere in the game, that being said the black and white nature of "stay or remove" doesn't offer much leniency to how some people are voting (towards; yes remove the rule - BUT rework it or any other variant) if they haven't voiced any form of opinion on the forum either so it simply isn't worth wasting time on i'm afraid.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 12:52pm

Problems of the current rule: It is overly complicated and leaves too much room for interpretation.
That's a real issue ...
The storie of yesterday is exactely that, a zealous guard decided that now, the rules apply not only when people attack, but also for helping, and decided alone, that now, we can no more help a guy attacked ...

What's a game, where you have one of your clanie with red tool, attacked by a guy of your race, but because of lvl you can't help him and have to let him die? You can even not attack the attacker back?

Is that what you want for the game? Want you really make people leave such a game ? a game where when you help someone you can be jailed depending of the guard will?

They want protect "low lvl" (even if the rule apply to all) for being "massacred" ... but jail people who help them?
Are you fall on the head? :stupid:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:20pm

Benefits of the current rule: It protects low level players from raids of high level players.

My suggestion for an updated rule:

1. The rule:
Attacking a player of more than 3 levels below yours in a location belonging to that players race is prohibited by the game. It will simply give an error message telling you you need 2.

2. Case of provocation:
Should you be provoked by another player (regardless of race) you may contact a guard within 48h with (if necessary) screenshots/links. The guard will assess the situation and give you an item called "Proof of provocation" which will act similar to an executioner scroll (but only works on the player in question) and allows you to bypass 1. The item will have a 7 day lifepsan, cannot be frozen and has 1 use. You are not allowed to contact different guards to recieve multiple proofs for the same action.

Examples of provocative actions: Mirrors, Chains, Hexes, etc. as well as direct insults towards you via chat and/or gifts.

3. Help in combat:
Aiding a player, who was attacked by a player of his/her own race, is not affected by this rule.

4. Executioners:
An executioner who recieves an order on a player may contact a guard according to 2. . The order will act as a replacement for a provocation and the exeuctioner will be able to do his/her work.
Note: As with the current rule an executioner may only take orders for members of his/her own race.

Additional note regarding screenshots: It should be visible when the provocative action has taken place.

while i do like most of your ideas they'll never happen :lol: too much work for guards, too much work for devs and too much crazyness over nothing really :lol:
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:33pm

That's a real issue ...
The storie of yesterday is exactely that, a zealous guard decided that now, the rules apply not only when people attack, but also for helping, and decided alone, that now, we can no more help a guy attacked ...

What's a game, where you have one of your clanie with red tool, attacked by a guy of your race, but because of lvl you can't help him and have to let him die? You can even not attack the attacker back?

Is that what you want for the game? Want you really make people leave such a game ? a game where when you help someone you can be jailed depending of the guard will?

They want protect "low lvl" (even if the rule apply to all) for being "massacred" ... but jail people who help them?
Are you fall on the head? :stupid:
That's not the case. You can help a clan member who is attacked regardless of your or the attacker's level as long as:
1- The attacker is not enemy race member.
2- The place of attack is not enemy continent.
(1st one is bound to 2nd one and 1st one does not apply alone, both of the conditions should be met, if enemy race member attacks in magmar land, sure, why would you not be able to go and help, but if it's in human land, you have to be careful)

So if a magmar attacks your clan member, you might as well just go ahead and join the fight to save him (at least that's how it has been for the past 9 months the rule was here). What happened yesterday is that a friend of a mentor from ANOTHER CLAN got attacked. So yeah, what they did was not some guard deciding it's against the rules on the spot, it was the guards applying the rules the way they were meant to be applied (If you're talking about something that happened other than what I know, then I'm sorry for interrupting, please post links).

Also, if my statement above is not true, I'm sorry for giving wrong info, I hope someone (preferably a guard) will explain whether someone from the clan of the player who was attacked can help or not if a player from the same race attacks him in their land.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

• "Sequana" started this thread

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:42pm

Quoted

Summary:

Clan/Alliance members can no longer assist their mates in attacking ANY players of ANY level, but must also comply with the rule of "not attacking players that are 3 or more levels lower", even when helping their clan mates.

Scroll down the admin thread and you will find the rule change.
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:51pm

That's not the case. You can help a clan member who is attacked regardless of your or the attacker's level as long as:
1- The attacker is not enemy race member.
2- The place of attack is not enemy continent.
(1st one is bound to 2nd one and 1st one does not apply alone, both of the conditions should be met, if enemy race member attacks in magmar land, sure, why would you not be able to go and help, but if it's in human land, you have to be careful)

So if a magmar attacks your clan member, you might as well just go ahead and join the fight to save him (at least that's how it has been for the past 9 months the rule was here). What happened yesterday is that a friend of a mentor from ANOTHER CLAN got attacked. So yeah, what they did was not some guard deciding it's against the rules on the spot, it was the guards applying the rules the way they were meant to be applied (If you're talking about something that happened other than what I know, then I'm sorry for interrupting, please post links).

Since when now it depend of being in a clan or not?
Read the rules, http://warofdragons.com/forum/index.php?…&threadID=34072

Quoted from "lisad"

Clan/Alliance members can no longer assist their mates in attacking ANY players of ANY level, but must also comply with the rule of "not attacking players that are 3 or more levels lower", even when helping their clan mates.

So i don't know where you found what you said. But is exactely what i quoted:

and again, the story of yesterday, was only interpretation of a too zealous guard. Nowhere is written that is not allowed to help SOMEBODY clanie friend or not, when he is attacked by a guy of the same race because of lvl !!!
And if this guard make it as rule, is completely insane !!

http://warofdragons.com/fight_info.php?f…763&server_id=0 that's allowed because the attacker is human, http://warofdragons.com/fight_info.php?f…63&server_id=10 this fight isn't allowed because the attacker is from same race?
Are you fallen on the head?

Want you war between same race?
Now people collecting are less save on their own land only because they can be attacked by the guy in same location hunting full bless?

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:58pm

"this is a war game"

1. Yes,this is WAR so you must be able to help a clannie who gets attacked on your lands. Yes,you must be able to kill weaker players than you.
2. But this is a GAME as well, you shouldn't kill someone with 1 hit. This is not a fight,it's slaughter.This is not fun,it's bullying.

But the most important is this :
3. This is a business, don't make rules for the customers,just change the product.

We shouldn't be able to raid the other side and ruin people's fun just just for feeding our lowest insticts. We shouldn't have that option not by implementing some rules,but by changing the code of the game. I'm not a programmer but i know those guys can do it if you pay them.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:20pm

I voted for it to stay but it does need to be reworked. Seen too many low levels on both sides get attacked by players 10 levels over theirs before it was implemented. Anyone should be able to help a friend that is attacked by member of own race regardless of level difference, also believe that the level difference should be increased by at least one level if not two since this is a war game. Both sides are not raiding as much as we used to into enemy lands now There are many of us on both sides that don't find any joy in attacking people that aren't in our level range. As for how it was yrs ago we didn't have players that were level 19 in game like we do now. The rule helps keep the brand new players in the game stay and play (not talking about all of the multies around)

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:54pm

to dahna:

From now on, there is an outright BAN on attacks against any player both YOUR and OPPOSITE race, whose level is below your level by more than 3

Now tell me where the zealous guard (me, and thanks for the compliment) made a rule himself? tell me where's the pain into understanding the rule?

Also, player in question was not even member of an alliance with player attacked, so second part does not even apply.

Most funny is half of the people who claimed against this "injustice" alredy came in the past to complain about other players attacking.
What's the matter, it's one of your friends in this case?

Anyway, I'm guard, yes, but also a member of the players community, which is deceiving me alredy from long time
:sneakers: :sarcastic: :sneakers:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:01pm

it's ridiculous to put this rule at the beginning.small levels want to stay to protect themselves
lisad,made a favor for small levels but small levels started to use for their own ipurposes.exploitation,provocation,swearing,ruin fights,multi accounts,auction brokers vs.many more examples can go.
I gave myself an example, there were those who killed me and threatened me at turkey server
as a result these people have left the game.This is not a real rule for the game
even voting is generally meaningless.the developer should act according to the server.(ru server)
game updates depend on there.the ru server rules must apply.
Do not specify your ideas for my comment.I don't want to try to answer.so everyone's opinion is in their own best interests
must be removed as a net this war game.or farmville?You should decide!

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:03pm

@bla3de, not everything that is on RU is here and not everything that's here is on RU, following blindly other community isn't a way to go. Especially since they pay 4 times less for diamonds than we do.

VAMPXIII [12] 

Pilsbury Dough Boy

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:07pm

I feel since sequana asked for actual opinions of what should change and it does concern me I may have some light to shed. However I understand it's not going to be everyones cup of tea.

During attacks of own race level restriction only applies to the one attacking. Hence don't pick fights you know you have no buisness starting. The attacker may call for help as well but same rules apply you are on the offensive side so if a level 8 attacks a level 5 the level 5 could in theory call any level as back up lets say a level 11 the attacker can only then call up to a level 14. It does allow the attacking side to do what they came to do but requires them a certain limitation. If you don't think you are capable of killing the one you are attacking you can just as well take that as a reason not to fight at all or hire an exe to handle it for you.

It is a war game and attacks should be allowed, but it should also be discouraged (not against rules) just a sense of hey this may be something pointless and is no reason for me to escalate from attacking your own race over something as stupid as being kretched while over picking someone.

As for attack rules of enemy race we all know exactly why that is in place, and as far as I''m concerned can be removed with the condition that injuries can't go higher than the players level IE level 19 attacks a level 1 even with attack scroll the level 1 can't sustain more than a level 1 injury.Though I do also feel that the NPC guards need a rework a half way decent buffed player can kill them in seconds and they have a bad habit of not being near as aggressive as an iggy or kroffdors and eldives in frontier.

This last part is getting a bit far off the topic however if implemented may change some opinion of the enemy race attack rule, give the raiding player additional valor and glory for winning fights on enemy land but at the cost of only being able to raid for so long IE need a raiding item to enter enemy land and after the effect expires it pushes the raider back to their own lands with a cool down before they can go back again. This prevents high levels from sitting in the enemy square for 2-3 hours during dead hours and being able to kill anyone unfortunate enough to cross through a supposedly safe area. It also adds strategy to cooridated attacks so people don't go raiding and call a friend to help who already used their item. As well as offering some time for race being raided to have a bit of peace before the next round.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:21pm

Right after saying this

Since when now it depend of being in a clan or not?
Read the rules, http://warofdragons.com/forum/index.php?…&threadID=34072
Showing this is being a hypocrite in a nutshell

http://warofdragons.com/fight_info.php?f…763&server_id=0 that's allowed because the attacker is human, http://warofdragons.com/fight_info.php?f…63&server_id=10 this fight isn't allowed because the attacker is from same race?
Are you fallen on the head?
Read the rules, it's not forbidden to attack any enemy race member on your own land.
It's forbidden to attack your own race member in your own land, just like it's forbidden to attack enemy race on enemy land (with 3 level rule).

As for your question regarding if i was fallen on my head, I love you, too.

So i don't know where you found what you said.
Simple. I asked a guard a few months ago. That's the answer i've received, if a magmar attacks a magmar, that attacked person can call any member from his clan.

Want you war between same race?
No, I don't, that's why i want this rule to stay. If this rule goes away, what do you think will happen? Those who have all the resources because of their level will start attacking lower levels again.

Now people collecting are less save on their own land only because they can be attacked by the guy in same location hunting full bless?
"Where there is no fire, there is no smoke." -Turkish proverb

Someone attacked another person just because they were gathering resources? Do you geniunely believe this? If you do, well, good luck in life.

• "Sequana" started this thread

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:27pm

Guys please, I hate to be a party pooper but please stop attacking eachother.

Use your energy to deliver constructive feedback why the rule should stay or go or what should be changed.

Thank you :)
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 3:52pm

Guys please, I hate to be a party pooper but please stop attacking eachother.

Use your energy to deliver constructive feedback why the rule should stay or go or what should be changed.

Thank you :)

Just abolish rule all together. No knits, no twists. Remove it entirely... deal with the fact that for about 2weeks - 1 months it will be a slaughter of anyone that wronged anyone while set rule was up, but after we all carry on with our game lives :tease:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:01pm

bourneagain I agree with you +1

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:09pm

i agree it's not funny to be attacked from players 10 levels above but it's a war game . i vote for removing it completely