You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 6:32pm

First of all thank you for the reply.

However, I am not satisfied with it. Whenever something wants to be moved under the carpet we are given the answer "We will look into it", "We will think about it", "We will forward it to the correct team."
I could go back and find few threads that got nowhere after such replies, noone even bothers to recheck them after someone bumps the thread. Dead ideas.

Aixlinn, you say you are always looking for feedback and each time event runs you say you will try to do better next time and next time. I am giving here an idea that can be taken upon and discuss within the team. Take your time, talk to them, see what everyone wants, see what Lisad says.
Then do or do not and state it clear.

The idea was brought up before and not only by me, but this time I'm proposing it officialy.
Therefore I expect official answer and stance from the Jesters team - do or do not.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Riddle

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 7:25pm

My 2 cents on it:

you currently have a 5% of voting people choosing the art they like, 5% voting who they know, 90% voting because of "please vote for me here: http://immaginarywarofdragonslink.idonotcare".

with your invisibility way you probably will get that 5% of people voting who they know to the 5% of voting people choosing the art they like.
the rest 90% will still be formed by people coming from "please vote for player 1/2/3/4/ecc..."

correct?
404 not found

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 7:50pm

"Rest of the Jesters team would be responsible for voting and picking the winner without actually knowing the author. "

That's in my starting post.

Additionally of course we can let people vote without knowing author, and one simple rule can be added any reported revealing author or asking for specific voter can result in discluding from competition.
Besides how easier it is to ask to vote for yourself rather than for number, people can easily get confused and vote wrong.

But again, this is not a part of my idea, this is beside what I put in the initial post.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 8:03pm

you mean lisad should place the 3D without writing the names, and ask the jesters to vote?
404 not found

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 8:12pm

Perhaps, more or less like it's being done now, just with the difference of them not knowing who they are voting for.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 8:22pm

nice avatar...

anyway...

I saw this problem too, you have to trust people, 'cause you can't do all on your own
some of them will always be bad people and act "angely", others will spawn as evil immediately
and the good ones will never spawn themself as they are.

there are marks that will never disappear, no matter what you try, some of them will always stay there.
you should ask yourself why some disappears and some not.

than, that said, you ask someone to do more efforts about something they currently search collaborators to do less efforts....

you understand.... that is barely impossible it will happen
404 not found

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 8:34pm

Well, Shiro, it's actually easy to bypass that by doing this:

"Hi, please vote for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th... thing that is submitted/ the submission with this exact info i give you, that belongs to me/my friend, make me/my friend the winner, i want/my friend wants that sweet sweet reward."

anyways DeCrypt already mentioned that.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 8:43pm

well, they can always ban self-promotion in these kinds of events, which honestly, I really don't know why it hasn't been done yet. And, if there's a ban, it should be in the form of 1 day jail or 1 day gag. Why not a disqualification in contest? because competitors could abuse this, let's say I'm n3, I can ask my friends to say "vote for n2" to have him disqualified, sounds lame and low, but it's the kind of lame and low I expect people to do.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 9:55pm

Freedom of speech, that's why. Even though it's annoying, it's a right everyone has. Everyone can do their own advertisement and vote-begging (or advertisement and vote-begging for their friend). It's up to you to vote for person A's or person B's friend.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 10:04pm

Banning an act that goes against the whole purpose of the contest is not vulnerating free speech. I'm sure you agree that it's unfair that there are contest that are decided by people who don't even bother to look at all the participants and just vote who they are told.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 10:39pm

Technically, it doesn't, as long as they don't go "don't vote this, don't vote that" it's not against any rules of the competition. They're just asking for votes. (why am I defending this act again?)

I mean you still have the freedom to vote for whatever you want, either vote for who they asked you to, or just don't. But I agree with you, that's beside the point.

I feel like we're going more and more off-topic here.

Sunday, May 6th 2018, 5:54pm

when logging in to game, a pop up should appear (like birthday pop up), you will be forced to vote, after vote you will be able to play :smile: easy all 2000 people playing will vote and will be more fair than asking around each day please vote for me...

:shuffle: :king:
what is the definition of insanity? :glance:

Sunday, May 6th 2018, 6:08pm

when logging in to game, a pop up should appear (like birthday pop up), you will be forced to vote, after vote you will be able to play :smile: easy all 2000 people playing will vote and will be more fair than asking around each day please vote for me...

:shuffle: :king:

Dope, let's just make it display the art with "Player X" without actuall name and for each player it will shuffle giving different order of artworks :lol::lol:

Lisad [20] 

EX Community Manager

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 12:17pm

Thank you for the idea.

Firstly, as it has been mentioned many times before, all events are run under my supervision, so I make sure that they are fair and no preferences are given because of the contestant and not because of their submission.

Secondly, not always the most "technically well-made" submission is the best one. We do understand and take into consideration that not all of the players have outstanding drawing/digital skills, however we do want to give everyone the same chances of participating and winning. So perhaps some time a work is not the best looking one, however the idea behind it might be better, thus it is given a higher place in some contest.

Thirdly, the way of chosing the winners differs from event to event. In some cases Jesters are the judges, in some events Administration is in charge of choosing the winners. Sometimes we give players the chance to vote for other players works. The voting systems also change from event to event, we try to find the best way to choose the winners the fairest way possible.

Back to your idea, even if players send their entries secretly, the information will be leaked anyway, so it doesn't make much sense, aside the fact that it would require much more time and effort to do things this way. However, the concept is interesting, we might aswell try a system similar to that during some event.
Regards,
Lisad | Community Manager