You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Liusaidh

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018, 9:39pm

War of Pumpkins!

Are you ready for the Night of Nightmares?

The area around the city fair was lively. The shopping rows filled with foreign goods were racked by their weight. The goods were offered by enterprising merchants. One of them, who had just exchanged his goods for a young Endarg, rubbed his hands pretty. Bare village boys ran between the rows and only occasionally stopped to stare at the curiosities.

The young soldier spent almost all his salary and already wanted to leave the fairgrounds, when suddenly someone pulled him over the edge of his shirt. He turned around and saw a decrepit old woman in a gray cloak.

-“Don't you want to earn some gold?” the old woman asked.
"Isn’t that a witch?" the young man thought, but when he saw the gold coins, he got curious.
“Do you have dreams?” continued the witch. “That sort which makes you trembling? I need them!
“What for?” the warrior was genuinely surprised.
"I'm buying nightmares! Tell me the most terrible of them and I, perhaps, will buy it from you. In return, you will get a better dream!”

The young warrior thought it was a good deal to him and agreed. The witch gave him pumpkins to which he should tell his nightmares. Whilst he was telling his tales, the pumpkin transformed according to his tales. Terrible, scary and beautiful at the same time!

Is your clan up for the challenge?

Your task:
Get a pumpkin and carve it in any War of Dragons theme. Write a short poem in relation to your Pumpkin theme with at least four lines. Take a picture of your carved pumpkin together with a handwritten paper of your game nick and post it with your poem in othis thread.

Terms and Conditions:

1. This is a contest for individual players from level 3.
  2. The artwork including poem can not contain any explicit sexual material or rude, shocking content.
  3. The artwork including poem must comply with the game and forum/chat rules, which can be found here: Game Rules and Forum Rules.
  4. The artwork including poem should be unique within the project "Legend: Legacy of the Dragons" and must be of your own property. Copyrighted material may not be submitted.
  5. The artwork including poem should be made very detailed and clear. A simple sketch or draft will not meet the criteria.
  6. Religious symbols may not be contained on the artwork including poem.
  7. The artwork including poem should be designed so that it looks and feels like they belong within the fantasy universe of "Legend: Legacy of the Dragons". You may not use references to common everyday motives/objects like mobile phones,
    modern guns, modern vehicles; signs of currencies, pacifism, radioactivity; references to real-world sport teams, among other references that fit poorly within the genre.
  8. Fascist, racist and any other political symbolism may not be used.
  9. Imagery related to narcotics, drugs, slavery and other illegal activity may not be used.
  10. Only entries who meet the requirements will be rewarded.

Event schedule

03.10. - 24.10.2018
Post your entries before 24.10.2018 15h00 game time

24.10. - 31.10.2018
The Jesters will choose the winners.

After winners have been chosen by Jesters, the remaining participants will be put up for the players vote.

Evaluation system:
Each artwork will be evaluated on a 10-point scale.
The following criteria will influence the evaluation:

- Originality of the idea
- Imaginery and metaphoricality
- Details in design and expression
- Stylistics and literacy

Rewards

1st Place
1 x Pet Medaillon
900 x Mithril palm
1 x «Carved Pumpkin-Bone» Set
30 x Amulet of summoning - Zombies according to level
1000 x Walnut
10 x Reward Chest

2nd Place
450 x Mithril palm

25 x Amulet of summoning - Zombies according to level

750 x Walnut

7 x Reward Chest

3rd Place
450 x Mithril palm

20 x Amulet of summoning - Zombies according to level

500 x Walnut

5 x Reward Chest

Players vote:
200 x Mithril palm
10 x
Amulet of summoning - Zombies according to level
3 x Reward Chest

All other participants who meet the requirements:
100 x Mithril palm
5 x
Amulet of summoning - Zombies according to level

1 x Reward Chest

Let the War of Pumpkins begin!

Place here in this thread!

We wish you lots of fun and good luck!

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "Sequana" (Nov 13th 2018, 1:56pm)

Monday, October 8th 2018, 7:31pm

Since you can't read the poem I typed very well from the photo it reads:

From the depths of hell, the blood and ashes from the battlefields, there rides a clan that rises to defend these Faeon lands.The Cavalry, with the strength of a dragon; powerful strong and brave. The heart of a lion, wild and untamed. The wisdom of a wise old owl, loyal and true, all of these things are who we are through and through.From the break of dawn, to the darkest of night, we rise from the dust, we fight the fight. We are one, we are brave, we overcome, we find a way. With magmar fire flowing through our veins, armour covered with enemies' bloody stains, we never stop moving "onwards and upwards" as our fearless leader states! Together we stand srrong, together we stand the fight, together we are there for one another, wrong or right. Together we form a bond that none can break, we are The Cavalry, and we're on our way!!

Sun_Shine

I'm no professional, even though I would have liked to add more detail, it took longer than I thought. Anyways I think it turned out pretty well...

Woot Woot Cavalry !!
Sun_Shine has attached the following files:
  • carving.jpg (72.51 kB - 150 times downloaded - latest: Oct 19th 2020, 6:18pm)
  • Cavs1.jpg (79.99 kB - 99 times downloaded - latest: Oct 25th 2018, 11:51am)
  • Cav knight .jpg (91.46 kB - 197 times downloaded - latest: Oct 19th 2020, 6:18pm)
  • Cavs2.jpg (109.15 kB - 142 times downloaded - latest: Oct 19th 2020, 6:18pm)
  • cav knight 2.jpg (146.73 kB - 163 times downloaded - latest: Mar 3rd 2021, 4:24pm)

Friday, October 19th 2018, 11:36am

Urchi's sadnes

Many of you may know little dragon Urchi and his ambition to grow and learn new things of this world. What many of you may not know is his wish of ending up in many of the great songs of the chronicles. He has only one doubt about that...

I want to learn, I want to grow,

Until the chronicles will
show.

And everyone shall know my name,

And sing
in
songs of my big fame.

But I
fear it will
never be,

cause nothing rhymes on ‚Urchi‘.

Chears...

Wonder Fool
Wonder Fool has attached the following file:
  • urchi_01.JPG (101.09 kB - 5 times downloaded - latest: Mar 3rd 2021, 4:24pm)

Friday, October 19th 2018, 11:41am

Urchi's sadness

Many of you may know little dragon Urchi and his ambition to grow and learn new things of this world. What many of you may not know is his wish of ending up in many of the great songs of the chronicles. He has only one doubt about that...

I want to learn, I want to grow,

Until the chronicles will show.

And everyone shall know my name,

And sing in songs of my big fame.

But I fear it will never be,

‘cause nothing rhymes on ‚Urchi‘.

Chears...

Wonder Fool
Wonder Fool has attached the following file:
  • urchi_02.JPG (96.26 kB - 157 times downloaded - latest: Mar 3rd 2021, 4:13pm)

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 10:30am

War of Pumpkins!

I hope you like it! My attempt at a Bone Dragon was not good so I stuck to an Arboris lol

My Poem-

The Arboris King has come back to life
He lurks in the shadows and hides in the light
No element can penetrate this creature
He is harder than a rock or iron with no features
For Death has no hold and there is no fear
From this Arboris King no shelter is near
The King once cared for other trees
Now serves Evil spirits in the forest with leaves
Awaiting the next victim he sees!
Katraz has attached the following files:

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 3:28pm

Summon me if you wanna take the lead
I will hit to enemy with my head
There is nothing we cant crush
We already win this clash

When turret gets the stun
They will be in panic
Doesnt matter women or man
Finish this battle with critical hit
niqKriegeR has attached the following files:

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 8:39pm

War of Pumpkins - zAquisgrans Work

Dear readers,

i apologize for mistakes due to english is not my mothers language,
I hope it nevertheless fulfills your requirements and you like it !

My pumpkin(s) and poem are about friendship during a personal crisis

Even in the darkest moment
There is hope if there is a friend
Writing messages as we know
The other actually feeling low

And even now when cell is locked
And no one knows where ist the key
To give up would be truely wrong
Remember ugly ducks are strong!

No injury - no war - no ban
Can take apart that faithful clan
I´ll wait for you – you´d wait for me
Thats what we swore us: Loyalty!

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1123
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1124
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1125
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1126
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1127

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 9:03pm

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xhsb4XMz38-q4CCgSTjLRO7z_lq7OV7b/view?usp=sharing[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1asZEYXZtCcMCsoRlSpWiXg3su-iCkyE4/view?usp=sharing[/img]

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTpFCZpwEo4ytp9nOy2hDAvsLLL_nl-e/view?usp=sharing[/img]

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lw3o5dWz23avWM1zYWFT1ELSVy1J-Uw3/view?usp=sharing[/img]

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 9:40pm

This is a poem
that tells a legend
What happened in the cemeteries of the clan Burial Grounds.
a brave general next to his troop
he defended his people from horror
Because humans came to destroy the population.
The general and his troops fought with honor.
but they were overwhelmed with great terror
When they saw that they lost, they asked for help.
to King Magish`¨`s, who saw the opportunity
to grow his army,
I use their magic and I transform them.
in skeletons of a warrior
That drove the humans out of the clan burial Grounds.
the warriors paid a high price.
becoming guardians of King Magishs
for eternity
__Leo__ has attached the following files: