You are not logged in.

• "Kayser Soze" has been banned
  • "Kayser Soze" started this thread

Saturday, January 19th 2019, 4:17pm

More specific decisions

I was looking at the gray-red resource options on hunting map and i thought to myself: Wow, US actually lost a war to vietnamese farmers with outdated equipment? Other than that, it could be really good if we could have more options to choose which items we want to see on hunting map.

For example: We have 3 different options to choose from (including the colour one). We get to choose which type (stone, fish or plant) and we get to choose the level of it. So one can choose the exact level of items they want to gather when gathering stuff.

I mean I hope this sort of thing will be implemented, just my 50 cents & eminems on the topic.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Saturday, January 19th 2019, 5:22pm

Hello !

I'm aggree with you, it's a good idea for a new set up on the map! I think principaly for fisherman who don't see fish in water! For them, it's a very good option.

Saturday, January 19th 2019, 9:08pm

With the current status of the client and most/some of the players having problems with slow game, adding more stuff to client would be a really bad ideea.

Therefore, as someone said once:

Trash post, not because it is a trash post, but because there's an option that says trash post.

• "Kayser Soze" has been banned
  • "Kayser Soze" started this thread

Saturday, January 19th 2019, 10:34pm

On the other hand: I'm not a t3ch supr3m3 or anything but I think it's safe to say having things disappear from the map would actually help out with the "slow game" thing since it'd make the game send and/or receive less data. Then again I might be wrong, as i said i'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Forum Moderator" (Jan 20th 2019, 8:26am)

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 1:04am

Depends how this sort works in general,if it works on server side - there will be extra (idk how huge) load on game (but may be not a big deal for game with low amount of players). Also it will make things easier for ppl who automatize resource gathering by forbidden software.

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 6:31pm

server load aside, this would actually make things easier wouldn't it? specially for fishermen.
and isnt slow game already an issue our admins and tech experts are supposed to be dealing with :son:
With the current status of the client and most/some of the players having problems with slow game, adding more stuff to client would be a really bad ideea.

Therefore, as someone said once:

Trash post, not because it is a trash post, but because there's an option that says trash post.

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 7:45pm

What I have to say, I see mainly the argument of overloading the server. Alright, that's a good point, but why stop now the idea?

In this case, I propose in addition to a trial period to see if there is latency or not at the server and if indeed, it becomes unplayable, remove it.

Everything is feasible, full of exsite solutions and if we do not try, we will never be. I am in favor of that. I am to advance the game and not so that it is always at the same level.

So I understand the nausea, but what does it cost to prevent 1 month in advance (for example) and to do a trial on 3 days or 1 week?

It's unfortunate to say, but during the days of war, there were new technologies and new weapons such as the flamethrower!
I want to come to here, where if we encounter a problem with this style of development , we could find a way, create platforms and other systems to streamline the server.

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 8:39pm

I propose in addition to a trial period to see if there is latency or not at the server and if indeed

In real world things doesn't work like that,first analyzing of useability of idea and probability of load on server, second - ppl in charge will work on this part of code if 1st step is ok.

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 11:06pm

Personally I'd love to see this extended to mobs as well. It's a pain having to scroll and focus to find another one of a specific mob when hunt screen is littered with mobs that aren't even for your level.

Sunday, January 20th 2019, 11:24pm

Oooh! nice good idea too :)

Monday, January 21st 2019, 12:08pm

+ for mobs
++ for resources

need a tech expert's opinion as to what kinda loads the server is gonna go thru if any of these are implemented?