You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 8:11pm

Art : What is considered as the 10th art ? When has it been recognized as so by the Supreme Court of the United States ? (year)

Litterature : what is the name of the 6th Harry Potter book ?

Art:
the art of video games, recognized in 2011

Litterature:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 8:21pm

Art : What is considered as the 10th art ? When has it been recognized as so by the Supreme Court of the United States ? (year)

Litterature : what is the name of the 6th Harry Potter book ?

Art:
the art of video games, recognized in 2011

Litterature:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
both correct

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 8:31pm

New Question:

Art:
Which English painter, born in Liverpool in August 1724, was best known for his paintings of horses, such as ‘Whistlejacket’ which hangs in London’s National Gallery?

Literature:
Who wrote ‘Don Quixote’?

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 8:53pm

New Question:

Art:
Which English painter, born in Liverpool in August 1724, was best known for his paintings of horses, such as ‘Whistlejacket’ which hangs in London’s National Gallery?

Literature:
Who wrote ‘Don Quixote’?
Art : George Stubbs

Literature : Miguel De Cervantes

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:01pm

New Questions:

Arts: Painter and Name of the following artwork?

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5576/2oya2rg6_jpg.htm

Literature: From whom are these smart words:

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:27pm

American Gothic is a 1930 painting by Grant Wood

Neil Gaiman
I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:31pm

1) Who is the artist who painted the attached image?
2) What was the job of the man who wrote the following poem?

"At the beginning of time, the clock struck one
Then dropped the dew and the clock struck two
From the dew grew a tree and the clock struck three
The tree made a door and the clock struck four
Man came alive and the clock struck five
Count not, waste not hours on the clock
Behold I stand at the door and knock."
Hakan The Khan has attached the following file:
  • dg.jpg (93.77 kB - 4 times downloaded - latest: Sep 15th 2019, 9:33pm)
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:35pm

David and Goliath by Michelangelo

Eric Lomax was a British Army officer
I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:36pm

David and Goliath by Michelangelo

Eric Lomax was a British Army officer
That's right.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 9:37pm

American Gothic is a 1930 painting by Grant Wood

Neil Gaiman

both correct

:jump:

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 10:02pm

Art : Who painted the famous "Le radeau de la Méduse" ? From which incident was it inspired ?

Litterature : Whats the most famous book Victor Hugo wrote ?

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 10:20pm

Who painted the famous "Le radeau de la Méduse" ? From which incident was it inspired ?

I like the question!!!

Was painted by Théodore Géricault’s and was inspired by a "real life tragic" ship desaster:
About voyage of the French Frigate Méduse, carrying around 400 passengers heading to reclaim Senegal from the British.
Unfortunatly it didnt get there cause the frigate ran aground on the Bank of Arguin off the coast of Mauritania in the summer of 1816.

Victor Hugo:
Well i found kind of 10 remarkable work from him, already his first 2 books (Cromwell in 1827 and Hernani in 1830)
have been important in his time but - as you ask about ONE book - i have to decide and guess you mean
LES MISERABLES which is a huge sucess untill recent times, it´s still played as a musical everywhere, i have seen
it not long ago in germany as well... i love it! :love2:

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 10:22pm

New Question:

Art:

Literature:
Who wrote ‘Don Quixote’?
Art : George Stubbs

Literature : Miguel De Cervantes

Correct

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 10:33pm

New Questions:

Art: Who painted "The Scream"?

Lierarcy: Who wrote "The Hobbit"?

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:00pm

Who painted the famous "Le radeau de la Méduse" ? From which incident was it inspired ?

I like the question!!!

Was painted by Théodore Géricault’s and was inspired by a "real life tragic" ship desaster:
About voyage of the French Frigate Méduse, carrying around 400 passengers heading to reclaim Senegal from the British.
Unfortunatly it didnt get there cause the frigate ran aground on the Bank of Arguin off the coast of Mauritania in the summer of 1816.

Victor Hugo:
Well i found kind of 10 remarkable work from him, already his first 2 books (Cromwell in 1827 and Hernani in 1830)
have been important in his time but - as you ask about ONE book - i have to decide and guess you mean
LES MISERABLES which is a huge sucess untill recent times, it´s still played as a musical everywhere, i have seen
it not long ago in germany as well... i love it! :love2:
Great answers ! You got both right ! :clap:

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:02pm

Art : Edvard Munch

Litterature : it is J.R.R Tolkien or John Ronald Reuel Tolkien

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:02pm

Art : Edvard Munch

Litterature : it is J.R.R Tolkien or John Ronald Reuel Tolkien

CORRECT :yes: :sneakers:

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:03pm

Art:
Who started impressionism (name the four authors) ? And who was the theacher they had in common?

Literature:
the phrase 'Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise' from where comes? and who wrote it?
404 not found

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:09pm

Art:
Who started impressionism (name the four authors) ? And who was the theacher they had in common?

Literature:
the phrase 'Where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise' from where comes? and who wrote it?
Art : well i know more than 4 artists for that but I'll say
-Renoir
-Monet
-Pisarro
-Sisley

Litterature : This sentence has been written by Thomas Grey and it comes from one of his poems : "Ode on a distant prospect of Eton College"

Sunday, September 15th 2019, 11:33pm

Art : What did sicentists recently discover about the statues of Ancient Greece ?

Literature : Which of her own characters did Agatha Christie call "a detestable, bombastic, tiresome, egocentric little creep" ?