You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 4th 2019, 8:14am

[OTHER]Fight Class

Weekly knowledge test: 04/10-17/10/2019

If you could create a new fight class in addition to the existing, which one would it be?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct and complete answers up to 5 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • Only complete and detailed answers will be rewarded. If there is more than 5 detailed and complete answers the most unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Oct 18th 2019, 7:48am)

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 3:16am

Hunter Class

Alternative Names:- Explorer Class, Ghost Class, Shadow Class

A class dedicated ONLY to hunting mobs, collecting resources etc i.e. NO valour ability (PvP) at all. Strictly for Hunters (PvE)

Can't be attacked by Humans or Mags in your chosen land, can't attack either race at ALL. Can't throw wraiths or curses on Humans or Mags but can still use summons/mounts to help you in a fight, can still heal wounds, splinters etc. Can still trade. Can still be attacked in enemy territory but immune to attack in neutral territory.

Can only fight monsters in the game via locations, instances, events etc. Can join fights with other players when fighting NPC's but not when fighting the opposite race. Can still be helped by others in mob fights, can still be helped in enemy territory, can still group up.

New armour class available only to Hunter Class, runes, elements, moulds etc available as current armour classes. Higher level armours (comparison to valor rep gear) available for feats against monsters i.e. Tough Fights, Quantity of Fights etc.

Possibly impliment new "Rep/Valour" mobs as an alternative to getting valour or rep through valour. This would enable the purchase/use of current valour & rep armour along with mounts etc. Or valour could possibly ONLY be gained through exploring the opposite race land and defending yourself as you still can't attack but can be attacked there. Increased valour for Hunter class to compensate for this inability to PvP in all other cases so as to achieve thresholds for relevant reps/armour etc.

I suppose in short this would be basically a single player branch of the game set within the current multiplayer online game so we can still interact but don't need to compete specifically with each other or feel inadequate due to inability to match the best. It's a game against yourself, your goals, your ambition and your own rules.
You control your own destiny & enjoyment level.

NB:- Probably not thought out well but I know what I'm trying to say. It's just my thoughts as you asked so don't shoot the messenger :bllll:
I'm not a game designer so better people could thrash out the details lol :horse:

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 5:59am

^ I thought about "single playerlike" class too XD but we might as well just make red armor unbreakable but limited for hunting :P they already do this with some of the weapons we can buy at clan store and dragon blessing for plat where the stats only apply to specific type of fights. Maybe re introduce red sets without dura or normal dura like green armor but tag it as a "hunt/boss/solo/event mobs" only so it only applies to those specific fights. It could also have specific stats in pvp too so if you are getting scalped you have a least a bit of fighting chance and not just have 00 of every stats but i imagine it to be really low like green or even grey armor stats. that will be nightmare to set up though but hey if you make this new mechinic and offer it for 100-1000 diamonds im sure people will buy it :) we could rename the red sets to "hunter/Explorer/Ghost/shadow"

Instead of making another new class i would just introduce more armor for generalist/hybrid XD let there be green/blue/purple/red set. once again there will be no set bonus and the stats of an purple lvl 10 helmet for example will have the exact same amount of stats as a barbarian helm but the class specific stats are spread out. so intead of having 30 int you would get 10/10/10 of each Class stats, that would be nice. It would also be a great counter to people who uses red/purple bow against players who min/max only one stats with buffs. Imagine you are lvl 5 but you have whooping 350+protection(i dont know how much lvl5 can get but im assuming 350 is alot) sure win unless opponant is equally or more buffed. Oh whats this? a BC with lower class stats than you but has red bow with maximum arrows, thats ok i will just block all his attack, as i should because of the huge amount of buffs, but he uses the block punishment arrow and suddenly you say to yourself" Mr.Stark I dont feel so good" and realized more than half of your hp are gone because of blocking XD Generalist will be there to help you balance out the stats a little bit.

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 9:24am

I just slept on it and when I woke up (yeah, I don' sleep much lol) I thought my new Hunter class should also have new professions.

Unfortunately I can't edit my first post so thought I'd add it here as the idea is buzzing around my empty-ish head hehe.

So, funnily enough I thought about armour.

The new Hunter class could also have 2 new unique professions (to replace geologist/jeweller etc) which could be something like Butcher and Craftsman. He collects body parts/skins etc passively when hunting. These can then be crafted into either current or better still UNIQUE armours & weapons either whereable only by Hunters or wearable/tradeable to all. Maybe also include the manufacturing off food too!!
Obviously loot drops should be balanced & armour/weapon levels relative to profession skills.

I also thought of being able to wear bows as a main weapon covering both weapon slots, or a bow in one hand and knife in the other (kill/butcher) but then that would make the current bow useless unless it could only still be used when a main bow wasn't equipped. If a main bow was equipped IT would/could act like the current one.

Or instead of passive resource collection while fighting, when equipping the weapon slot bow IT acts as the actual "skinner" tool and then is the ONLY time you get body parts/skins etc and no other loot drops, money etc, so you basically have to fight mobs as your main profession too.

I have so many ideas, but I'll stop here :lol:

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 9:25am

Damnit, why can't I edit - so many typo's, miss-spellings etc.

I apologise for that - just woke up as I said. :embarressed:

Saturday, October 5th 2019, 10:58pm

I would never NEVER be able to create any new class that would be better than my magnificient Tank class.
Pointless question, just make everyone a tank

Wednesday, October 9th 2019, 4:37pm

In order to introduce a new class, it has to be applicable as a stat which the other classes can use aswell in a minor scale.
Just like the stats work for the current classes.

The class i could see work together with the other classes would be a sort of Berzerk class.
Where your would get a chance to do increased dmg based on your current hp%.
The stat would increase chance and ratio between increased dmg and hp%.

Just like a HW or dodger can crit, just with a lower chance and lower dmgratio.

this class could bring some funny aspects into the current fights.

You could fight with high risk of getting stunkilled, in order to maximize your dmg output.
Time you stuncombos for when you have low hp.
And probably alot more, which i we are will only see if the class is implemented.

Wednesday, October 9th 2019, 7:02pm

I would create the counter chance class (pvp) and the vampirism class (hunting)

Counter chance class: I know that would change everything in game mechanics (1 hit for each opponent-except stuns) but would love to see a set with a bit less damage input but that offers the wearer a % chance to counter atacks out of his turn.

Vampirism class: this one is simple, Increase strenght (double the power of a normal armour) of the set and make it so it recovers certain % from each hit. Create it so that it cannot be used for pvp (mounts and other player hits will deal double damage on you if u wear it). Since the drops rate was not increased and the drops were not modify, this is an alternative option to players compleins on this matter.