You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 5:02pm

Prayerful Calls Wasted

Prayerful Calls should not be used if you join a Temple or CC Of The Past that is already ongoing. They should only be used if the you join a new BF.

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 7:04pm

That's not how they work, they were and are used whenever you join a battlefield, whether ongoing or newly begun. Deal with it. If you can't, then cry me a river.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 7:38pm

That's not how they work, they were and are used whenever you join a battlefield, whether ongoing or newly begun.

Yeah, that's why I posted this on the Feedback and Ideas forum, not the City Pub. I posted this to start a discussion on the pros and cons of the idea as well as potentially get admin eyes and thoughts on it.

Deal with it. If you can't, then cry me a river.

Not sure what prompted the aggressive response, but maybe provide some constructive criticism to the idea rather than attacking the one who suggested it.

I'll start with a question:
In your opinion, what are the downsides of limiting their usage to only new BF?

Personally, I could see someone trying to exploit this by having a friend join a BF then leaving within the first minute. Then, that original person queues, gets the confirmation, and joins the BF at the beginning without using their Prayerful Call. Rinse and repeat and now they have unlimited entrances every day. However, this could be mitigated with a system that does not use the Prayerful Call only if you join after the first 10 minutes or after a certain number of points have been scored.

I can also see an opposite argument for players who join in when the instance is over halfway completed. Leaving them little time to affect the outcome or finish their mission, thus wasting their Call for the day.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 7:50pm

Dude what are you on about? Are you high? Instead of questioning how game's mechanics work and trying to fix something that isn't broken, just go with it. If you don't want your prayerful calls wasted then just go with a team, these battlefields accept teams of 3 (temple) and 5 (CC) people. There's literally nothing stopping you from going around this whole "I queued alone so prayerful call gone crab rave epic fortnite dance electric boogaloo." This entire battlefield is supposed to make you spend more time on this game, you get 1 free call every day, you can buy a limited amount of purple ones every fair or sky's the limit every chest event. And what you suggest entirely contradicts the idea behind this whole thing: Play more, grind more, spend the money you get on these stuff more. With your idea, every time someone joins a battlefield (boo hoo first 10 mins boo hoo yeah yeah I know) they don't lose their calls, so they can go again, getting more coins, more rep, more everything, and what is supposed to be a hardcore grind (insert 50/40 diamond red mark meme here) to get to 6k rep becomes slighty easier which is.... you know, something they thought about long ago and decided should only be by you paying them money, either directly or indirectly.

All in all, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 8:53pm

Instead of questioning how game's mechanics work and trying to fix something that isn't broken, just go with it.

Then by that logic, you must be furious about the admins introducing these two newer BF. They are improvements upon previous "game mechanics". The admins should have never introduced new ways of gaining valour because that's their way of "trying to fix something that isn't broken".

Also, according to that logic you should believe lvl 20 hunting is good as is, yet you contradict yourself here. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

You clearly don't understand the purpose of a Feedback and Ideas forum. Since you don't want to actually contribute anything besides childish insults, your responses are no longer worth my time.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 10:43pm

My man is high as sh.. and coming to post in forums. :lol:

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's broken. About my post: Level 21 scorpolion spawns are broken, because a lot of people have to queue up to hunt them if players can agree, if they can't, then it becomes a wildland and big fish eats the small fish. However this isn't the place to talk about it.

You, on the other hand, are talking about something that seemingly only affects you. People join battlefields, they do it regardless of "boo hoo I didn't join at the beginning" idea you present here and they move on. Next day, they repeat it. You and your complaint of prayerful calls. Now that's a goldmine. I haven't seen anyone complaining about it or this thing being an actual problem. And since you'd like this to be fixed, please tell me what is going to happen in normal battlefields? People que up for temples, arenas, CCs, they go to plateau of silence and join fights later and get less valor or lose a battlefield they were probably going to win if they could join at the beginning. They get more valor and trophy hunters rep to compensate for it? Or the battlefield freezes until someone else joins and the teams are 3v3 (temple) 2v2 (arena) 6v6 (CC)?

I also like how you disregarded my answer and just called the entire post "childish insults" lol.

tl;dr

Splish splash, your opinion and your thread are both trash.

Friday, July 24th 2020, 3:46pm

Quoted

Prayerful Calls should not be used if you join a Temple or CC Of The Past that is already ongoing. They should only be used if the you join a new BF.

Why not? You start BF - Prayerful Call is used, doesn't matter how you join.

Friday, July 24th 2020, 4:09pm

Why not? You start BF - Prayerful Call is used, doesn't matter how you join.

It's a good point and I see the thought process behind it. I personally view the Prayerful Calls as a means to completing the missions from the arbiters rep. Joining a BF significantly late hinders the chance of actually completing it that day. So, my thought was to redeem the opportunity to those unfortunate few that join late in BF. But again, my viewpoint isn't universal to everyone and it's also easy to just wait 24 hours to complete the missions the next day. It's more of a nice-to-have suggestion/idea rather than a need-to-have.