You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned
  • "Hakan The Khan" started this thread

Sunday, September 27th 2020, 1:54am

Automated Game Rule Changes Flood and More Detailed Hunt Screen Filtering

What does all this mean? Simple. Two ideas, but just one thread. I realized that recently there are some changes being done in game rules (more specifically, 3rd party programmes atm, but there was also a powerlevelling threshold change before, and some other changes before that as well) but we didn't get any notification, any heads up or any kind of warning about them before. I'm hoping that, just like every time we have events like luck glow, precious chests, holiday fair etc. we get floods about them in chat, it'd be a lot better if we got floods about the change in game rules as well. Here's how the idea works: Every time a rule changes, we get a flood saying "Please check the game rules and familiarize yourself with them" or a sort of message like that which will take us to the documentation section's Game Rules part of the game. There we can see what changed and adapt to these new rules as to not break them.

Second, but not least, it'd be a lot better if the resource filter was upgraded. After years we spent in this game, this thing was a revolution. Now we don't have to refresh the screen or go into a mental breakdown every time we try to get that one resource but it's blocked by another one which we don't need. It's perfect. What's not perfect is that me being a fisherman can't see which fish is which before clicking on it. (crazy, I know) Even if I have this filter on, I have to click and see if that's the resource I want to see. The idea is simple: we are given a choice to use advanced filtering or not. Advanced filtering gives us the opportunity to choose what we want to see in the map. Resources? Monsters and resources? Just monsters? Nothing, just like when you look at Sith and see if he has any decency or not? Then we just choose whatever option we'd like to have. And this could work like the opposite of compass, just showing what's there to see in the location you are in, then you choose which one do you want to be shown and which ones to not. For example: You're in Village of Maettro, you choose purple, then you choose fish, stone or plant, you check the box that says fish, then you can check another box with Glowfish, Lionfish or Striped Salmon, you just want to gather salmon, so you just check that and voila. Or think of hunting. You're a level 9, you want to hunt gargoyles and/or grim gargoyles and those zombies around the castle are giving you a hard time, just check monsters, gargoyles, grim gargoyles and no need to accidentally click and have to deal with those zombies and die for nothing anymore (jokes on you, gargoyles will just keep using neck blow and stall you until you're dead). Or level 20s, you want to hunt imperial scorpolions and rahdarian centurions, but due to how game likes to stack some mobs on top each other, you click on warrior, so you lose pretty much 10-15 sec on that mob, which is something you don want to because of reduced amount of gold. Level 16-19, everyone knows how many monsters are in the screen, you just want nephertos but the cerebhounds, zarlogs, maurins, all get in the way, you just choose nephertos and you see nephertos on your map. Sure it won't matter since monsters will join the fight but at least you will be able to attack whatever you want, not misclick, not lose any time dealing with the consequences of your misclick and not lose any money whatsoever.

From here, there seems to be no problems with these ideas, of course some people could disagree with "But the game won't handle that, the game already got wrecked because of all the stuff it's gonna be so bad" and to that I could just say, you either go big or go home. You want to destroy the game and make it completely unplayable? Do it like a man and just add these and absolutely destroy the game, nobody can play it, make the servers a hell, if not then it's best all the stuff that was added should also just go away so we can finally have a lag free, freeze free normal game.

But all jokes aside, this thread is open to ideas.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Sunday, September 27th 2020, 1:29pm

I dont like Hakan (Lv 20 Bully) that much, but i agree with this :D

Monday, September 28th 2020, 10:10pm

The botting fine getting changed a moment before a bunch of players are cursed for it, very mysterious, wouldn't you say?

You should know better than to write long paragraphs asking for convenience when inconvenience is the biggest profit maker of this game

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Liam321" (Sep 29th 2020, 4:51pm)

Tuesday, September 29th 2020, 8:01pm

I'm just here to say that somewhere in rules or ToS there is a note that you are obliged to read rules at least once a week.
Not saying it wouldn't be convinient or anything, I really do think it would be good to implement it.
However as Liam said they care about money, not about players.

EDIT: Please do not promote other games on the forum. Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "T-DeAdLY-J" (Oct 3rd 2020, 8:56pm)

Sunday, October 4th 2020, 10:45pm

+1 to better filtering. Fishes are a pain.

Also, I noticed a lot of cursed players using bots, wondered what was happening but not read rules as I thought bots weren't allowed in any shape or form anyway.

I have 2 rules I can think of which I would like - I know, no chance!! :lol:

1. Cursed players should be barred from opposite race areas until curse removed.

But my main gripe....
2. Multi's being allowed to exchange an item to reset timer - specifically essays/saga's etc. I hate having to ask or annoy someone to see if they can exchange one to reset mine. I just this minute killed over 100 mobs and STILL couldn't get the one I needed to reset a timer. I asked around but no one offered help. My multi could do it instantly if I was allowed with no advantage to either person apart from reset of the damn timer. It's hard enough getting a splinter pulled with so few willing to help seemingly and even harder getting someone willing to sit & exchange crap with you. My multi would me more than happy to do it oh....and pull my splinter!!, so make that 3 things. :lol:

That is all. :puke:

Saturday, October 17th 2020, 4:16pm

Oi TJ:
http://warofdragons.com/forum/index.php?…ad&threadID=109
http://warofdragons.com/info/info/index.php?obj=cat&id=169

Nothing there about asking someone to play something with me.
Only prohibited thing is posting advertising links. (Which I did not do.)

Never liked rules out of nowhere in this game, some things never change.