You are not logged in.

Thursday, December 21st 2023, 7:44pm

Creating new lots in auction

I wanted to share a suggestion about the current auction taxation, specifically proposing a shift towards implementing taxes only upon the successful sale of an item, rather than taxing the act of listing the items.

Taxing items only upon a successful sale would encourage more players to engage in the auction.
Taxing only upon a successful sale ensures that players are contributing to the in-game economy only when they benefit, creating a fair and balanced system.
For newer players or those with limited in-game currency, the current taxation model might act as a deterrent to engaging in listing the items. Shifting the tax burden to successful transactions makes it more accessible for a wider range of players to add theirs items.

Saturday, December 23rd 2023, 5:26pm

+1

With a lot of items I either destroy, sell to trader or wait until someone has a decent exchange offer. Many items are simply lost in the first 2 ways that others might want. It's simply not worth my time or gold listing them for sale because some items tax for just listing are ridiculous compared to what they actually sell for at the going rate whereas others may be reasonable. It's the values that are all over the place which the taxes are based off.

If the tax was only paid on a successful sale then I'd be more inclined to list them instead.

We can list a request in exchange for 1s regardless of item value - this would be cool for listing an auction too - then pay full tax on sale.
:smoke:

Tuesday, February 27th 2024, 7:58pm

I totally disagree with that idea.

Players should be encouraged to the sell their items for their real value. If there would be no tax, I could keep an item forever or even buy every single item of it's type and create a monopoly. Then, when I would list these items in auction for the same price for months, there would be no loss and at some point players would be forced to buy my items.

You say, that people would put more items in auction and benefit the economy, but in reality the prices would stay the same forever, since there is no tax/punishment for unsuccessful sales.