You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 5:30pm

Discussion thread: Faeo For Real!

Many battles were fought, many injuries were healed and many endless conversations within clans and groups were held. The brave warrior is done with the day and clicks on the "shut down" button to go to bed.

Well yeah, have you ever imagined how life would be if Faeo was real? What people would do without McDonald´s, without a warm and cosy bed to sleep in and everyone suffering from long lasting and painful injuries? But that is what makes the game so fun, you can die more than once and become a great hero that everyone looks up to in this little world.

But today we challenge you to become a hero in the real world. All you need to do is use your imagination, your best creative thoughts and a bit of manual skill. Because you! Yes YOU! Can be the creator of a weapon that no man has ever seen before. You can be the creator of a weapon everyone will just look at in silence and in awe. Take on this real life challenge if you dare and become a manufacturer of a weapon that everyone can buy as a gift even if they belong to a different race. Your name will be revered all over Faeo - and of course in the real word!

The Challenge:

Create a weapon for War of Dragons. You can use any material you want. Steel, cardboard, paper or what ever you want to use to give your fantasy form in the real world. (Up to 3 players may build one weapon together.)

Take step by step pictures (at least 3 and in good quality + a handwritten note next to them with the name "WarofDragons.com") while producing this piece of art.

Also please write a story about the weapon: Its abilities, what you can use it for and the story how this weapon came into the world. Let your fantasy run wild.

Send everything to: competition@warofdragons.com
Last day to enter this competition: 28th of February 2011.

The Reward:

The best weapon will become an awesome gift in the game. It will have a special text including your game name and will be available to purchase for every magmar and human. Further more this gift will be on your profile forever and you will also receive a signed War of Dragons T-Shirt and Cap.

The 2nd place will be awarded a signed T-Shirt and a Cap and 3rd place will receive a signed T-Shirt. Everyone who takes part in this competition will receive one of the winning weapon´s gifts as a reward for their time spent.

We challenge you! Do you dare to compare your skills with others? Show your strengths and creative mind and be part of this unique and amazing event!

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:42pm

To me it sounds like the best idea they've ever come up with! Except that the prizes don't seem worth it to me. Stuff like the picture and video competions were cool too, and had better prizes.

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 4:46am

This is easily the best "outside of the game" idea I've ever seen on this server.

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 11:35am

Thanks Muley and Naveen. :rose:

@Naveen I think to get a gift, with your name on it and every player can buy and use it, is something very special. :)

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 2:18pm

It sure is special. But it is enough motivation to go out there and make a weapon? That too one worth winning? I don't know... I might make like a mini dagger, but then pictures of making it would all be like the same!! Three pictures of proccess gives me the idea of like first a huge piece of wood, then a little shape, then more etc. Sounds like hard work!
You know what I think you should do? Give the player the income from the 'selling' of these gifts. Then you'll have loads of entries no doubt!

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 4:14am

http://www.warofdragons.com/forum/thread…50409#post50409

Already has more views and responses then this thread :p :dance:
:lol:--_/_/_/_/_/_/_/I am full of -PUREHATRED- Get used to it!_/_/_/_/_/_/_/--:lol:

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 4:38pm

We are going to take part in this competition.
We have a team from three players (Viktoria - the artist, Generator zla - the manufacturer, Fireflower - the writer of a legend)
Hope, we will win!
Good luck to all!
And thank you for this challenge.

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 10:45am

Quoted from "Fireflower;55201"

We are going to take part in this competition.
We have a team from three players (Viktoria - the artist, Generator zla - the manufacturer, Fireflower - the writer of a legend)
Hope, we will win!
Good luck to all!
And thank you for this challenge.

We are very excited to see your work. :yes:

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 5:23pm

nice :D :D
I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed. - B. B. King

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 12:50am

http://www.warofdragons.com/forum/thread…eal!-(Elf-s-Bow)

=)))

And we also sent it to you by e-mail! Today is 28-th Feb! =)))

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:00am

when will we find out a winner?

im very excited
17:16 Dumb914 » christina lynn : dont worry dance like michael jackson :dance:

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:39am

I think will be fun to watch all the forthcomming creative artworks... goodluck to all contestans
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.