Admins

Previous thread   Back   Next thread

pages [ << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >> ]
INFO Bank    Fia Pyroness [6] quote
14:29 , 19 Feb. 2009
Hey guys.

I was thinking of making a thread full of information about the game and the gameplay for both newcomers as well as seasoned campaigners, and thus from today I shall be posting in this thread various bits of information which will act as a general Guide for players. I shall be posting here techniques that I have learned for months to attain the level of play that I currently am, probable advices for higher lvl play, discussion about gameplay techniques with other players, as well as adding lots of new stuffs that are to come in the game at near future

Yes I may not be a valour player, but if you guys have any questions related to outside the battlefields then feel free to ask here, I shall try my best to answer asap) How to get rich at lower lvls, how to get Luan/BZ fast, how to raise exe fast, etc. anything that u need to know related to the game))

Good luck to you all.
~~NoobFlash~~

23:46 skarby : thank you but what is tha meaning of the word laid?

Fia Pyroness [6] 16:53 , 19 Feb. 2009
White Raven

I want this idea to have more coverage, and Im afraid not many people go to game guides section. I see many L8-9 players lacking basic game skill, I dont think players of high lvl would bother going to that page))
~~NoobFlash~~

Moonwalker [5] 16:57 , 19 Feb. 2009
http://www.warofdragons.com/info/forum/topic.php?t=53038&f=21

http://www.warofdragons.com/info/forum/topic.php?t=56856&f=21

http://www.warofdragons.com/info/forum/topic.php?t=52975&f=21

I have the arena guide almost ready, too, but i won't post it before this tournament is over for obvious reasons (:

If you have any further requests - feel free to post them here, i'll wrie something up when i have time
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he will believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch it to be sure.

Fia Pyroness [6] 17:53 , 19 Feb. 2009
CITY REPUTATION

Basic idea about City reputation can be found here

There are various ways to gain City reputation, examples:
1) Normal quests
2) Repeatable Quests such as Iron Five Tournament (Ridge of Darkness for magmars, Jasmine Brushwood for humans) and Bloodbattles Tourney (Lost Wastelands for magmars, Jasmine Brushwood for Humans).
3) Rewards for various monthly events.
4) Finally and most importantly from Efrils.

Now what I want to explain is about the facts related to Efril replicator, which I think many people have doubts about.

Efril replicator is a Efril manufacturing machine that produces efrils every 24 hrs, ranging from minimum 1 to 3pcs. This can be bought from Antique shops at Valley of fire (magmars) and Outskirts of Klevsa. You can buy this object from that shop when you have 1000 relic seekers reputation, and then charge it with 3pcs of Efrils to gain a functionable Efril Replicator.

Now to enhance this machine, you can buy this which will transform the replicator into an improved version. I donot have any idea about the effectiveness of the improved version, but if I was you, I wouldnt waste money on that.

Other places where efrils can be found are:

1) Gurral'diy Korr drops 1pcs (very rarely)
2) Lingraonts drops 5pcs in Derelict House (100% drop chance)
3) Lingraonts Crown
4) Enchanted Lingraonts Crown
5) Galmakhar's Helmet

Its best to hand over Efrils to your Elder when you have full 100pcs, because you get maximum return of 130 city rep for that.

Efril Replicator can also produce Faulty Efrils, but the improved version rarely or should I say doesnt produce any faulties. Due to the usefulness of Faulty Efrils, I think its a good idea to stick to Normal Replicator rather than enhancing it.
~~NoobFlash~~

erlkonig [6] 21:46 , 19 Feb. 2009
Guide to the various combat styles:

Heavyweight:

Pros:
good blocking against dodgers
high hp
Good accuracy against dodgers

Cons:
Very weak... the advantage in hp is counteracted by your inability to deliver a strong hit. It's a poor set for quick kills, but excellent for stalling. An excellent addition is gorbakh's mace or assassin's axe and/or uyarrMO helmet, since you'll still have high hp, but you'll also have decent damage.
It's difficult to block bonecrushers

Best superblow:
Snake blows. By using snakes, your opponent you can use block on your superblow and the superblow still does full damage.

Once you reach a higher level, your posts will heal more than the slots for scrolls, so pots are the way to go. Poison scrolls are also excellent.

Dodger:
Pros:
Great dodging, especially against bonecrushers
good strength

Cons:
little in the way of "specialized superblows", each superblow is more catered to the other classes.

Best Superblow: thirst of blood superblow, and snakes. when fight heavyweights, you may need to add in a few fury of panther superblows. Strength of giant works well too, since you you'll be able to occasionally crit, but this is a poor choice against someone who's stalling. If you plan on using thirst of blood, elixirs of blood are an excellent addition.

Healing scrolls are generally the way to go, but pots can be used too. You have to be extra careful when fight bonecrushers not to be caught in your opponent strenghth of blood superblows/bears, because you don't have the hp cushion of heavyweights, and your dodging ability won't be able to help you.

Bonecrusher:

Pros:
Excellent crits and strength
difficult to block for dodgers

Cons:
Easy to for opponents to dodge
Almost all your opponent's blows will connect
Poor for stalling

Best combo: bear and thirst of blood, fury of panther. in pvp against someone using scrolls, purification scrolls are devastating to your opponents. Also, your ability to crit often enables you to fight quickly against all opponents, and collect maximum scalps. Elixir of power is an excellent addition to your superblow if you use thirst of blood, since you might crit with the extra power, and regain maximul life. Again, you lack the hp of heavyweights so snake bites really bite you, as such, fury of panther is a great combo, since it also adds extra power to your hit. elixir of stolen life is also great for you. You need to be careful about choosing to unblock, since you'll lack of hp will cause stuns on you to be a devastating, possibly deadly blow.

Armin [7] 22:00 , 19 Feb. 2009
Best addition to this

Take the bonecrusher set...its the best set in the game. A crit is alot more valuable than a mesly block or dodge. It kills mobs faster and also can steal loots in fights. Also works good with most combos

Moonwalker [5] 22:05 , 19 Feb. 2009
   Armin wrote():
Best addition to this

Take the bonecrusher set...its the best set in the game. A crit is alot more valuable than a mesly block or dodge. It kills mobs faster and also can steal loots in fights. Also works good with most combos

Best addition to this

take bonecrusher only if you are going into PvM
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he will believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch it to be sure.

-Creative- [3] 22:36 , 19 Feb. 2009
Armin

except for when u fail to hit the mob, if it gives you a mesly dodge or block, and crits you next
guys - really - just like the game - you get all sorts - just the idiots are louder by: wolfqueen.

Fia Pyroness [6] 03:14 , 20 Feb. 2009
CASTLES

Now I know the idea about castle wars is still very blur to almost all of us, but I will try to push in as much info as possible.

Initially when castles get introduced, it will be controlled by NPC, but later on it will be open for clans who will be able to demonstrate their military strength, cohesion, military prowess and resolve in the war for the right to rule in the Castle Grandford (humans) and Castle Faytvor (humans). The castle can only have one clan as its owner (the rightful owner being the leader of the clan) and they can be challenged once every week. The winners of the siege will be rewarded with grand treasures and plentiful of valours.

Rules for the siege

1) Participation of this grand siege is restricted once every week. (saturdays in Dwar)
2) Only those clans who have their clan rank atleast 2 or above, are liable to participate in this event.
3) Maximum Duration of the siege is 6hrs.
4) Castle can be protected only by the clan who has gianed the possession of it, the week before.
5) Attack on the castle can be made only by representatives of Clans who has Rank of 2 or above.
6) Clans who have alliances with the clan who governs the castle will not be permitted to take part in defense or capture of the castle (so think wisely before you choose to ally).
7) Maximum size for people Defending is 70.
8) Maximum Size for people attacking is 45.
9) When fighting inside castle, max timeout is 10secs.
10) Killing the Elemental Guards will bring 25 points for the attacking team.
11) To open the gate into the inner court attacking team needs to gain 75 points.
12) To open the gate of Citadel, the attacking team needs 175 points.
13) Killing the Elemental in Throne Room can bring clear victory to the attacking team.

Conditions for the victory

For defending team: is to successfully withstand the siege till the enemy is completely obliterated.
For attacking team: To kill the Elemental Guardian in Throne Room.

Rewards

The winning team is rewarded with grand treasures from the castle treasury. But the biggest reward is the grand amount of valour that participating teams gain after the siege:

Valours and exp according to the lvls

L3-4: Winning team recieves 6000 valour and 900 experience. Loosing team recieves 3000 valour and 450 experience.
L5-6: Winning team recieves 8400 valour and 1260 experience. Loosing team recieves 4200 valour and 630 experience.
L7-8: Winning team recieves 12000 valour and 1800 experience. Loosing team recieves 6000 valour and 900 experience.
L9-10: Winning team recieves 16800 valour and 2520 experience. Loosing team recieves 8400 valour and 1260 experience.
L11-12: Winning team recieves 24000 valour and 3600 experience. Loosing team recieves 12000 valour and 1800 experience.
L13-14: Winning team recieves 33600 valour and 5400 experience. Loosing team recieves 16800 valour and 2520 experience.
L15: Winning team recieves 48000 valour and 7200 experience. Loosing team recieves 24000 valour and 3600 experience.

In addition to the riches, the winning team also gets the following:

1) Authority to access the shop near the castle. The shop contains all the potions from the arsenal as well as amulet of call Golem, and the summons of BOE rep. The shop also contains orbs of teleportations (Humans and Magmars), which can teleport its owner anywhere in the castle. Shops are built owner of the castle (one building each week).
2) Access to the Altar of the castle. By building 1 altar each week, the owner of the castle gains the opportunity to communicate with a powerful spirit that will help to treat any injuries caused by the enemy. If the altar is not built, the spirit wont help.
3) Building the greenhouse (once a week). The Greenhouse gives the access to Faeo's rarest resources, as well as the powerful Conquerer Potion and Amulet of Archmagi. The owner of the castle will be able to gather Ligril, Veridy and Nidl, no more than 3pcs each everyday and manufacture 3pcs of Conquerer Elixir for the clan. Ofcourse other rare resources such as Diamond, Belladonnas and Habus is also available.
~~NoobFlash~~

big978 [9] 10:59 , 20 Feb. 2009
what are the requirements for a clan to get to lvl 2?
Should I stay or shoud I go......

[11] 11:13 , 20 Feb. 2009
big978
It should be bundle of lost souls + 3 characters lvl 150 (1 jeweler, 1 alchemist, 1 sorccerer ) and quest fight agaisnt Bone Dragon lvl 10 in Royal Tomb Humans and somewhere at mag lands (where you enter magish places)
I think nothing else

shadow_queen [3] 12:35 , 20 Feb. 2009
Fia Pyroness
how to get rich quick in one lvl, ????need gold urgently
life is no longer the same without.. ...

Fia Pyroness [6] 13:23 , 20 Feb. 2009
shadow_queen

At your level, if you are not a paypaller, the best advice I can give you is to hunt L2 and L3 Kretches In Kretch Lair. Hunt them non-stop for 2-3 hours everyday, using bread to regenerate between fights, you should get lots of leathers (which you can sell to higher lvl players at good price, or destroy them to make crystals. Large and medium filckering crystals are sold in hefty profit at auction.), potions as well as Jeweller recipes and bronze/metal chests.

Now these recipes drop in plentiful amount, thus they hold no value in auction. But if you sell them in shop, you still get good money. Recipes worth 50s can be sold for 5s, those which worth 2g can be sold for 20s and 3g (blue recipes) for 30s. if you get 10 pcs of 2g recipes, you get 2g from selling them from shop...and thus it goes on. Trust me, these recipes drops in loads if you hunt a lot! You should get handful of recipes if you hunt 100-150 krecthes non stop lol

I would advise you:

1) Dont do any quest except the first 3 quest in Crystalline Caves. Ignore all the quests that are available with the NPCs.
2) But before that, utilise your whole L3 on hunting, till you level up. Hunt atleast 200 kretches everyday. By the time you are L4 you should possess atleast 50-60g or stuffs worth that much. If you are a good buyer and seller you can make a fortune by selling your Flickering crystals (trust me, it is possible). Gain blessings from BOV casters to give u boost while hunting. You will also obtain Bronze and Metal chest drops now and then, use them well)
3) Once you are at L4, use your cash to gather a good set (executioner set is very good). Take up Geologist/Jewller proffession (these are good for obtaining easy cash at low level) or Fisherman/Sorceror (cheap scrolls are always good). What you do when you get to L4 is upto you. Go for valour? or hunt till you lvl up....decision is yours, you should be mature enough by then to know it.

There, you should have a good start then. Remember, the best possible way to get quick money is to paypal, so paypalling a few diamonds now and then wont do any harm. But if you follow according to what i said, you should get loads of money, although it might take a bit of time, it is still faster. You just need to have a bit of patience)
~~NoobFlash~~

Moonwalker [5] 13:25 , 20 Feb. 2009
Level 2 requirements:

- 20 g
- 20 people in clan ranked no less than warrior
- immonyans of the opposing guards (retribution and punishment respectfuly)
- 5 people with professsions 90+
- bunch of hifher green items to donate
- bunch of resources from every reputation in the game 1000+ and 2000+

I think that's it.

Oh. And defeat the bone dragon, of course. (:

Moonwalker [5] 19:58 , 21 Feb. 2009
to be more exact:
- 20 g
- at least 1 person of each primary profession with 90+ skill
- 20 people ranked warrior+
- loka sangra scroll
- dya ling amulet
- gehenna hex
- DM shield
- uni sword
- underground life elixir
- retri hammer
- uni dagger
- horn of the lost soul
- 20 energy spheres
- 3 punishment/retribution immonyans

- Killing bone dragon (weaker form, but still a mess. 33243 hp instead of 46000 and umertniks level 7 instead of 8.)

Fia Pyroness [6] 10:06 , 23 Feb. 2009
erlkonig

It is possible. Frankly speaking there isnt any major problems except for getting 20 people with rank warrior+ in clan and killing the bone-dragon. Rest is very do-able. Furthermore RW already has 18 people in their clan with elite or higher rank. When all of them gains magic and gets this, killing the bonedragon numerous times in span of 3 days would not be a problem at all.

I think.
~~NoobFlash~~

Moonwalker [5] 13:23 , 23 Feb. 2009
from experience i can say that the hardest part of all is getting the horn. it either drops from the actual bone dragon in catacombs or out of red fossil. But since the actual dragon also drops stiagorns' elixir - it would make sense to make lon-lasting raids on him till you get both items.

20 people is easy. 20 spheres - too. just should have some 3-4 levels doing them.
reps, items - easy (items CAN be rom magish palaces (you also get your hunters rep there to help with the dragon fight))

punishment immonyan is a pain in the butt. I killed one here with 17 cutthroats dealing 0 damage myself and most of them died. for mags it's harder since humans are a lot more likely to join because of higher population. but again for a full RW raid this will not be a problem. At least I'd not think so.

sinnner [5] 00:50 , 24 Feb. 2009
Fia PyronessHow can i get a laun tiger very fast other then selling my armour or mining for a long time

Moonwalker [5] 06:23 , 24 Feb. 2009

Fia Pyroness [6] 14:39 , 24 Feb. 2009
sinnner

As Moonwalker pointed out, the best way to quickly get lots of cash (close to 150-160g) is to do Power of Rainbow/Rage of Vertisada regularly and gather lots of eyes and skulls. With your armour it is possible to get 15 to 25pcs of Evil Eyes in every 2hrs under rage or rainbow.
~~NoobFlash~~

pages [ << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >> ]