You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 9:11pm

Very VERY angry "customer"

As a long term player of this game of nearly 2 years, and countless hours of game time spent, I am absolutely disgusted at the treatment I have had recently from various individuals in Admin and the guards. So speaking as a long term "customer" and I am now writing to complain in the strongest possible terms.
To be told by a senior member of Admin that I, a customer don't have an argument is TOTALLY unacceptable. So for your information Yvil, I'm not now arguing, I am complaining as well. Your terse answers, and a complete refusal to listen are an absolute disgrace. It wouldnt be acceptable in any company, and I certainly dont think it is acceptable here, albiet that this is supposed to be a game.

To recap:
This all started with a recent trade I made for a ringmail helmet (admittedly with a gaming friend) for the price of 40 gold. The item concerned had a durability of 10/42 if I remember rightly. This does appear quite low, but there have been several recent items of similar durability AND including a rune that have been advertised in the Auction House for opening bids of less than 40 gold, and toping out at 50 gold. So thinking I had found a bargain, I went ahead with the trade, put it on forum and thought nothing more of it. Two days ago I got a note through the internal game mail system that the sale had not been approved. The mail was purely a link to the original trade forum saying it had not been approved. This was not exactly helpful. The only information given was that it was too low a price. No information of what I was supposed to do, how long I might have to do it, or what would happen if I didn't. Since the guard who signed the post (Athanatos) wasn't on line at the time, and fearing I might be jailed if I didnt do something, especially as nearly 2 weeks had passed, I sent several private messages to Karame, as a senior guard who was on line at the time. No response. NOTHING. Hey, I'm now panicking here, I don't want to get jailed, and I just get completely ignored. Again, this should NEVER EVER happen. You might be busy, I am quite sure we all are, but no....."Im afk will get back to you", or even a "I cant deal with this you need to speak to...?" A "how can I help you" would have been nice, if only to relieve my fears of gaol. Very very shabby treatment. Certainly not the response I was expecting of a senior lvl player representing the guards.
I finally managed to get in touch with Athanatos and asked him about it. I was told the "average" price for such an item was 75 gold. When I said that was high he directed me the the list of items required to make it. I am well aware of these, having made myself a sequilateral sword some time ago. I was told either pay the price or give the item back. Again not particularly helpful, and no timescale was mentioned.

This really made me cross. The implication is that I/and or the person I traded with are somehow trying to cheat. Let me make this very clear, I am not a cheat, never have been, and I will defend all such accusations with all impunity and every power invested in me. I strongly resent such charges, which I find offensive in the extreme, tacit or not.

So this whole episode generates a number of questions, to which I expect answers please. If you feel unable to divulge these answers to the general game playing public for possible confidentiallity reasons, I am open to receiving them through either the game mail system or on my telephone, no. 07812 403493
All I really was seeking was some answers, please see my original post. Now I am very very pissed off.
So perhaps you will do me the courtesy of answering the following.

1) What is your "average" price. What does this mean. Is it of trade sales only, or does it include auction house ones. How many does it include (I only ask because you dont see many of the ringmail items - not to put too fine a point on it they are rubbish and overpriced, but thats a whole new problem. In fact I had even considered collecting the whole set myself, if only because I would probably be the only person in the world of Faeo to have it.) If this number is less than 10 say, then to me an average is meaningless.
2)How does this "average" reflect current market prices? In my opinion it clearly doesn't. As I have now said several times, the price I paid was very similar to those on the market in the acution house at the time. I am aware the trade rules state that if you are unsure you should ask, but since buyer and seller agreed the price price of 40 gold,and that it was not too different from auction prices, why would I even have a suspcion that there may be difficulties. Clearly there is a problem here for this item at least.
3)How do you arrive at the said "average" price. If I bought all the said ingredients for the notional "game value" ie leather 1 gold, metal 1 gold etc, then the value of the item would rougly equate to 40 gold (30 bits of leather/ metal and a few crytsals if I remember). Of course I have been in the game long enough to appreciate that it is highly unlikely I'd be able to buy the metal for 1 gold, but I think you see my point. So yes if I had made the item myself, perhaps 75 gold is nearer the mark. However, that would would then be reflecting the current market prices of those items. How can you do that, and then not let the whole item reflect the current market prices. I really dont understand. In all likelihood the item I bought was made a long time ago, when prices were almost certainly different, and in addition it was damaged, and didnt have its full durability.
4) Why am I being penalised for tying to do things the right way. I would have been far better just to buy straight from the Auction house. I would have got the item (probably with a rune included) for similar money. And nobody would be any the wiser it would seem.
5) Exactly how does it help me to buy a helmet that is of inferior quality(in terms of its attribute statistics) when I can probably buy the one that is compatible with my "Dark Mountain" set if I wait in auction for 75 gold.
6) So what is the point of the ringmail set. It is described as a basic set, yet almost nobody uses it. I dont think I have ever seen a player with more than 3 bits of it. I think there is an issue for Admin to adress here. Perhaps in the next update.
7) All these points I tried to make clear in my original post to you, my Admin team, a day or so ago. As I didnt get the answers I hoped for straight away, and was, and am still anticipating some form of punishment, I decided to make the case for my defence.
I therefore subsequently put a post on the city pub forum aksing for information on recent sales of similar ringmail helmets. I may be mistaken, but to the best of my knowledge there is no rule against this. And in any case the information was for my own private use so that I would be able to justify the price I paid for this now a' cursed ringmail helmet. Apart from anything else I was curious, as you can perhaps tell by all the questions I have. Again, as I understand it, the city pub is a forum for all players to discuss game related issues. Imagine my fury, and frustration when I found that......
8)Somebody, presumably Yvil, had censored my post and removed a number of replies from it. With the nice little direction to refer all trade issues to admin. WELL FOR YOUR INFORMATION I ALREADY HAD. And as I have just stated in point 7, I was merely trying to gather some information to make my case. Well I dont know about you, but I can certainly smell something here. Something that smells very like a cover up. Perhaps I should invoke the freedom of information act !
9) And then to be told I dont have an argument...
Im sorry, I'm a customer, and I have a complaint. DEAL WITH IT.
10) I have never yet met a person who is always right. Yet it appears to me that some of my "admin team" seem to think that they are. I agree, you might not like my tone, you probably dont like what I have to say either, but I am sure you will agree I have made some interesting points that need addressing. I dont like being accused of cheating, nor being ignored, nor receiving substandard customer service. I hadnt meant to make this a personal attack, and I fear I may have overstepped the mark. If you the reader / readers finds my tone offensive, I apologise here and now. All I can say in my defence is that I have now been made sufficiently angry, not only to be motivated to send this post, but to make doubly certain you realise how annoyed I am.

To conclude, I would actually be genuinely interested to hear your answers. Furthermore I stil remain open to negotiations on the price of the helmet. As I said in an earlier post, I am quite sure we will be able to resolve this issue to the satisfaction of all.
I await your next move with interest.
Regards,
Chelle.

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 10:18pm

holy crap that was a long read..but u go girl :)

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 10:25pm

fwiw, I've had a similar experience. In my case I just paid the 6g.......

But I have no principles.... u go head:cool:

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 9:40am

Please re-read the trade rules. You have to wait for approval in the forum, you can't just go ahead with a trade if you think the price is ok. You accepted these rules when you started playing the game and the rules are the same for everyone - no matter how long they are in the game. There is no point in discussing the prices (or the rules), you will just have to accept them.