You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 6th 2021, 11:32am

Penetration and Protection

Hi,

I've been wondering how penetration and protection work. And I got different and confusing Information from different players ingame.

I thought that fire-air protection was good against fire-air magic and you would counter that protection with fire-air penetration.

Some ppl confirmed that theory, some had a completly different theory.

It all started with this item, http://warofdragons.com/artifact_info.php?artikul_id=9209.
I asked why the bonecrusher buff has earth-water penetration instead of fire-air penetration. Since bonecrushers cast fire-air and not earth-water.

Some ppl explained to me, that infact earth-water protection is good against fire-air magic. And thats why the bonecrusher buff has earth-water penetration to counter that.

I would be thankful if someone could clarify how protection and penetration actually work :)

Thursday, October 7th 2021, 9:24am

Bonecrusher needs only fire-air penetration. This is a very good question why Earth Gift Charm does not have fire-air penetration - I guess the people who designed it did not themselves understand how penetration works.
With other Mentor we have checked a few times how it works, and even somewhere I have a video that confirm this fact.
Also there are an official answer from Russian admin on ru forum where he describes how penetration works. So....
Penetration:
Bonecrusher needs only fire-air
Dodger needs only dark-light
HW needs only earth-water

Protection:
Fire-air - against bonecrusher
Dark-light - against dodger
Earth-water - against HW