You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 5:47pm

Game language on main chat

Why when we went merge to COM we couldnt write in Polish or any other language in main chat but when DE merged here they are allowed to write on? Isnt it rasist? The rules should be same for everyone.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 5:51pm

hmm..... true
The rules should be same for everyone.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 5:52pm

I get why English should be main language in this multi cultural patchwork server. But why DE thou ? Its not like most of the people are fluent in both languages. And when you give the choice to DE community its rather obvious they will rather stick to their native language and alienate further rest of the people. :sleep:

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 5:56pm

The game will continue to be supported in German, alongside English. This includes areas such as the library and news, hence players may communicate in public channels in German.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 5:59pm

So then we are also allowed to speak other languages in main chat i'm assume.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 6:01pm

So then we are also allowed to speak other languages in main chat i'm assume.
No we are not :bllll: cuz the game is no longer supported in our native language.

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 6:10pm

in my opinion, how can DE write in German in the main chat. we should also write in Polish. otherwise you can say that it is racist

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 6:12pm

You dont spent much money so your opionion (and mine) its not much matter that how i see it :D
Remember guys they will not arrest all of us ! :D

Tuesday, June 27th 2023, 8:22pm

Seems silly really, especially considering most Germans can actually speak better English THAN the English!!!

And no!, that's not racist, I'm English & know that for a fact!!! :lol:
:smoke:

Wednesday, June 28th 2023, 5:00pm

Seems silly really, especially considering most Germans can actually speak better English THAN the English!!!

And no!, that's not racist, I'm English & know that for a fact!!! :lol:
I played on DE severak years ago And interacted with many German knew english Just fine....
:) :)

Friday, July 14th 2023, 3:14am

The ingame messages and event alerts are in English for us as well, just the landing page and library are still available in German. Haven't found the German message board, yet, so probably gone (we had nice cheat sheets there for those puzzeling flowerpuzzels and certain events:).

Is there a rule to use only certain languages in chats? I agree, use whatever language suits you. If someone is swearing like a fishermen, you can still hit the report button, anyway. Apart from some exotic exeptions like north-eastern Mongolian, you can translate anything with a click via google or deepl (hmm, now I am curious how Mongolians swear:). It appears to be somewhat cringy to chat with other Germans in English. It is a different story, if you group with other nationalities, oc.

Monday, July 17th 2023, 6:27pm

The game will continue to be supported in German, alongside English. This includes areas such as the library and news, hence players may communicate in public channels in German.

This is what we know, They ask why game allows racism at this point

Monday, July 17th 2023, 9:49pm

Business decisions =/= racism

With your logic, every business decision any organisation ever makes that is on an international scale is therefore "racist" as it excludes someone else in some way, shape or form.

Tuesday, July 18th 2023, 8:36am

anyone from a server thats been merged with com should be able to speak the language of the server they signed up to, anything else is unfair

Tuesday, July 18th 2023, 3:45pm

anyone from a server thats been merged with com should be able to speak the language of the server they signed up to, anything else is unfair

they doesn't care ...

Tuesday, July 18th 2023, 6:19pm

With your logic, every business decision any organisation ever makes that is on an international scale is therefore "racist" as it excludes someone else in some way, shape or form.
The problem is that the players dont care about their buisness, unlike them where they should care about players.

Tuesday, July 18th 2023, 8:45pm

Everyone should use only English language or better use your own language whatever it is, no other options. We have many players speaking Spanish etc. and if all can write priv messages in own language then also should can write on main chat. Main chat should be for normal talk like on clan chat, not a strict place. If u dont understand smth its ur problem or writer's problem if he needs smth.

Sunday, July 23rd 2023, 7:53pm

Well... I must assume that both of you are right ;) Isn't it true that before any organisation make a business decision, it has to do market segmentation? People who are grouped together for marketing purpose... So it's a kind of selection but I wouldn't use a word "racist" just "discrimination". Against a backdrop of game langugage - assuming that wod as an organization made business decisions by merge two servers. But, hey.. where is it said that organisation doesn't have to adapt to new environment? In my opinion it's cruciall. So there are two sides of the same coin. :teacher:
I'm happy that I have mentors and guards with whom I can talk in my native langugage. As well I could write in polish at the main chat to be able to communicate with my "market segment".
At discord channel is also forbiden to write in polish. Why should I care that someone wouldn't understand me if nowadays we can translate any sentence in each language thanks to online translator?
Language barrier is a different kettle of fish...

I feel like it's a balancing act at the moment. The case of this post is more like an attempt to highlight the pivotal points in this game.